Author Topic: Upcoming Niche Japanese Imports  (Read 18028 times)

abe

Re: Upcoming Niche Japanese Imports
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 10:49:04 am »
I somehow completely forgot about Forbidden Magna. I saw a new trailer the other day, reminding me I needed to put this here. The development team has many former employees of Neverland, the developer known for Rune Factory. The game releases in Japan for the 3DS on October 2nd, 2014. This one will likely see a western release at some point. Xseed has already expressed interest in localizing it (you can read about that here: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/17/xseed-interested-forbidden-magna/).

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 11:30:51 am »
That looks awesome!  Definitely going on my day-1 list if/when it gets announced for a US release.   ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2014, 12:19:49 pm »
Inti Creates has announced a new game in the works for the 3DS. The game is a crossover/collaboration project involving Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, and Galgun. The new game will be called Mighty Gunvolt, and will feature Beck from Mighty No. 9, Gunvolt from Azure Striker Gunvolt, and Eroko from Galgun as playable characters. The game is set to be a download title unfortunately. I haven't read anything about a release date yet. This seems potentially interesting, though the inclusion of Galgun in the collaboration seems a bit out of place. ???

abe

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2014, 10:57:10 pm »
Mighty Gunvolt has been announced for release in North America, which means I'm done talking about it in this thread. :)

Psycho-Pass, an anime series from a couple years ago, has been announced to be getting a video game adaptation from 5pb. for the Xbone. Not too many details have been given so far, but it is set to make an appearance at this year's Tokyo Game Show. If you'd like to read a little more, here's the link to the article I read about it in: http://gematsu.com/2014/08/psycho-pass-game-confirmed-tgs-2014

abe

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2014, 05:43:13 pm »
Well, I'm a bit behind on this thread. I'll try to tidy things up now that I'm back, and update the main post as much as I can. As I've said before, any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Released since I last updated the thread:
Bullet Girls (PS Vita)
Caladrius Blaze (PS3)
Super Robot Wars OG Saga Masou Kishin F: Coffin of the End (PS3)
Toukiden Extreme (PS Vita)
Ultradimension Action Neptunia U (PS Vita)

A few things I need to get around to adding:
Disgaea 5 (PS4) (It will definitely be localized eventually, but there's no official announcement yet, so in this thread it goes!)
Dragon Quest Heroes (PS3 & 4) (I doubt this will get localized, with the way Square Enix treats the franchise)
Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force (PS4)
God Eater 2: Rage Burst (PS4 & Vita)
Luminous Arc Infinity (PS Vita)
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (PS4 & Vita)
Ys (PS4 & Vita) (Waiting on an actual title for this one)

argyle

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2014, 11:30:13 pm »
Missed ya the last few days Abe!  :D

Honestly, I will be surprised if Dragon Quest Heroes doesn't make it to the US.  True, S-E has been spotty at best localizing DQ titles, but there hasn't been a "Warriors" game that hasn't been released in the US so far to the best of my knowledge. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

soera

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2014, 10:13:34 am »
I hope it does. Ive all but given up on the recent games (DQ VII 3DS, DQX, etc) getting here.

abe

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2014, 12:57:05 pm »
Added what I could for now to the main post, I'll clean it up some more later.
Also added the physical release of Dekamori Senran Kagura, since this is the first time Japan is getting a physical release for it. We're getting the game in North America as Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit, but as with Japan, we're only starting out with a digital only release. No plans for a physical release in NA as of yet.

Missed ya the last few days Abe!  :D

Honestly, I will be surprised if Dragon Quest Heroes doesn't make it to the US.  True, S-E has been spotty at best localizing DQ titles, but there hasn't been a "Warriors" game that hasn't been released in the US so far to the best of my knowledge.

It's nice to be back. :) I wasn't really gone long, but it feels like forever when you're somewhere without internet access. It seems like a lot happened too in a little over a week. :o Like the New 3DSes, and other announcements.

I hope it does. Ive all but given up on the recent games (DQ VII 3DS, DQX, etc) getting here.

I feel exactly the same way.

abe

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2014, 08:55:22 am »
Well, IA/VT Colorful has been delayed again. :'( It's now due for a release date sometime in 2015, rather than fall 2014, which had already been pushed back from July 2014.

davifus

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2014, 10:54:34 am »
Wooo, thanks for reminding me about IA/VT Colorful. I'll go preorder the crystal edition on amiami.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2014, 11:17:17 am »
Davifus, a quick amiami question - I see they have the new reprint/reduced price Tales of Vesperia for PS3 listed but they don't tell you how much shipping costs will be.   :-\  How much is it generally to ship a game from Japan through them? 

davifus

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2014, 11:57:42 am »
Davifus, a quick amiami question - I see they have the new reprint/reduced price Tales of Vesperia for PS3 listed but they don't tell you how much shipping costs will be.   :-\  How much is it generally to ship a game from Japan through them?

I'm assuming you're talking about the Tales of 20th anniversary (Vesperia). AmiAmi does not calculate the preorder shipping until items is released and in their possession. From my experience of ordering a single PS3 game (J-Star Victory ansion edition) my shipping was about 1200yen or about $10-$11 (dollars are stronger than Jap yens) with EMS (the best shipping service they provide). They have many other options for their shipping but I try to get the best shipping as possible so I can avoid any possible damage or loss during transport. I have preorder many things from AmiAmi like figures, games, and a console. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 12:14:09 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2014, 12:27:29 pm »
That helps, thanks.  :)

abe

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2014, 09:06:02 pm »
Added in a couple things I missed:
Shining Resonance (PS3) out on December 11th, 2014
Tales of Zestiria (PS3) rumored but not confirmed for January 22nd, 2015
I'm not sure how I managed to forget Tales of Zestiria, considering how long ago it was announced. Better late than never I guess. I wonder how long it'll be before we get this Tales game. With the recent history of the series, I wouldn't be surprised if we got it within a couple years. Not sure about Shining Resonance though.

*Edit: Just noticed Play Asia has North American and European copies of Tales of Zestiria up for preorder. Maybe I missed some big announcement? Has there been an official announcement for the localization of Zestiria? Anyone else hear about this yet?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 09:15:53 pm by abe »

argyle

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2014, 10:59:41 pm »
Added in a couple things I missed:
Shining Resonance (PS3) out on December 11th, 2014
Tales of Zestiria (PS3) rumored but not confirmed for January 22nd, 2015
I'm not sure how I managed to forget Tales of Zestiria, considering how long ago it was announced. Better late than never I guess. I wonder how long it'll be before we get this Tales game. With the recent history of the series, I wouldn't be surprised if we got it within a couple years. Not sure about Shining Resonance though.

*Edit: Just noticed Play Asia has North American and European copies of Tales of Zestiria up for preorder. Maybe I missed some big announcement? Has there been an official announcement for the localization of Zestiria? Anyone else hear about this yet?

Zesteria was the first Tales game to be announced for release in NA at the same time it was announced for Japan (note, it's not *coming out* at the same time, it was just announced that it is getting localized at the same time ;) ).  So yeah, it's already on my list.  :P

I hope that Shining game gets a US release too, but...it's published by Sega, right?  :(