Author Topic: Games everyone hates but you love?  (Read 23165 times)

Re: Games everyone hates but you love?
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2014, 11:50:28 pm »
I liked Final Fantasy XIII despite widespread hate.

doafan

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2014, 10:05:17 am »
Haunting Ground, a lot of my friends and folks about the Internet talk trash about this game but I really love it, not only because Fiona is so fucking hot, the idea and the concept at my personal opinion are pretty cool, never played a game like this one and still haven't played anything like this  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

karyann

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2014, 10:39:51 am »
Haunting Ground, a lot of my friends and folks about the Internet talk trash about this game but I really love it, not only because Fiona is so fucking hot, the idea and the concept at my personal opinion are pretty cool, never played a game like this one and still haven't played anything like this  8)

I love this game! I can't play it by myself (too much of a scaredy cat  :-X), but I went through it together with my brother and it was great  ;D

mrnikon

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2014, 10:28:05 am »
I like Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom for the NES. I got it for Christmas one year along with Star Voyager.

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2014, 12:11:10 pm »
I wouldn't necessarily say I "love" the game, but I enjoyed DmC: Devil May Cry.
I realize it's faults with a combat system that's hardly as deep and intricate as it's predecessors and a story full of awful dialogue and dumb anti-corporate undertones, but that aside it's a pretty good hack n' slash.

davifus

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2014, 01:11:17 pm »
I guess FFX? My favorite game of all time. Its more of a 50/50. You ether love it or hate it.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2014, 04:43:37 pm »
I guess FFX? My favorite game of all time. Its more of a 50/50. You ether love it or hate it.

I plan on giving FFX another try once I grab the HD version.

davifus

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2014, 04:47:27 pm »

Did Tidus get to you?

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2014, 04:52:55 pm »

Did Tidus get to you?

I didn't go much farther than just after the swimming part. The folks talking to me in scrambled dialog I would only be able to understand after I beat the game once and replayed it got to me.

I like to bleed a game dry the first play through. It was clear this game would require a second play through to truly understand what the hell was going on.

davifus

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2014, 04:59:52 pm »
You're probably talking about the Al-bhed's. The Al-Bhed dialog isnt that important and you could just look it up.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2014, 09:57:15 am »

yeah, I don't think that FFX could really fit into the category of "games that everyone hates", though; ya know?  :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2014, 12:34:17 pm »

yeah, I don't think that FFX could really fit into the category of "games that everyone hates", though; ya know?  :P

I've heard a lot of people talk crap about the FF series starting with that game. That's seems to be the "jump the shark" game in the series. It's a point in the series when they focused less on traditional fantasy-elements and more on character-driven stories.

Warmsignal

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2014, 01:02:41 pm »
Ninaj Bread Man. Why hate it? It's a basic platformer that wasn't really finished, but was pushed out onto the market. You run around as a gingerbread ninja and beat the crap out of cupcakes, and candy canes, and different stuff like that with basic platforming and puzzle solving.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2014, 01:12:03 pm »

I've heard a lot of people talk crap about the FF series starting with that game. That's seems to be the "jump the shark" game in the series. It's a point in the series when they focused less on traditional fantasy-elements and more on character-driven stories.

FF8 was also hard for me to get into. I didn't play it much past the first village after the caves.

maximo310

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2014, 04:02:05 pm »

FF8 was also hard for me to get into. I didn't play it much past the first village after the caves.

FF8 is defenitely hard to get into for the aspects of the game. I've been play it on and off and i'm halfway through disc 2 last time I checked and pretty underleveled. I remember watching someone on youtube saying the battle system is this game is just all about playing card games, because of how cards are very important for converting into items, spells, and well as enhancing your weapons,and you can't really beat the game without figuring out how to abuse the card playing system. This also why you need to collect all of the different summons because of their elemental- card abilities to convert cards, and its pretty easy to miss a beginning of the game summon like siren, and figure out you can't get her until a disc 4 boss which really sucks. So I think I may have to restart the game so that my team can collect everything and not be very underpowered and easy to kill for those boss fights. But the music is pretty great thanks to uematsu, and what's even cooler is that he just used a roland sc88 synthesizer to compose the entire songlist of the game.