Author Topic: August 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 29197 times)

pacpix

Re: August 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2014, 07:32:25 pm »
Yesterday I got my new PS3 in the mail! I purchased a 60GB backwards compatible model and the two games Dark Souls and Dragons Dogma.  I have been thinking about getting one for a while and finally just bought it instead of staring at them online ha.  I don't think my wallet likes me anymore though  :-\ I sent friend requests to everybody in the username thread, but my psn name is Pac_Pix if you want to add me.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #151 on: August 22, 2014, 07:57:51 pm »
PS2
Mortal Kombat Kollection (Deception, Shaolin Monks and Armageddon)

SNES
Super Game Boy

Game Boy
Pokemon Yellow and Red

N64
Pokemon Stadium w/transfer pak

PS1
Tekken 2 and 3

this was my big one... So I've been waiting forever to find a Wu-Tang Ps1 controller at a somewhat decent price. I almost never see the item come across ebay (and definitely never see it locally) and when it does it's usually more than I want to spend (one went up for 90 bucks recently that I passed on). While it wasn't the best deal ever, I came across one today that was selling for 41 bucks and it came with the game (Wu-Tang Shaolin Style... which, I guess, is called "Taste the Pain" for the PAL region) as well. However, it's from the UK and after shipping it ended up being just over 50 bucks... Main thing that sucks is I can't really play the game due to region locks, lol. I'm super happy about it tho, I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Wu-Tang Clan fan.

Now comes the waiting...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #152 on: August 22, 2014, 07:58:11 pm »
Over the past week, I've picked up a few games I've been meaning to get for a while.
-Bit.Trip Complete (Wii)
-Castle of Shikigami III (Wii)
-Metal Gear Rising (PS3)
-Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (DS)
-Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (PS2)
I'm really looking forward to playing Bit.Trip Complete and SMT Nocturne in particular. That is, once I have the time to play them. :'(

The Bit.Trip games are a blast to play and a treat for your ears. But damn are they hard!

abe

« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2014, 08:09:22 pm »
Over the past week, I've picked up a few games I've been meaning to get for a while.
-Bit.Trip Complete (Wii)
-Castle of Shikigami III (Wii)
-Metal Gear Rising (PS3)
-Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (DS)
-Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (PS2)
I'm really looking forward to playing Bit.Trip Complete and SMT Nocturne in particular. That is, once I have the time to play them. :'(

The Bit.Trip games are a blast to play and a treat for your ears. But damn are they hard!

I've only played Bit.Trip Beat before I got this compilation, but I agree. It was definitely very challenging game, and the music is awesome. I was lucky enough that the used copy I found still had its soundtrack disc.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

scott

« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2014, 09:21:42 pm »
Yesterday I got my new PS3 in the mail! I purchased a 60GB backwards compatible model and the two games Dark Souls and Dragons Dogma.  I have been thinking about getting one for a while and finally just bought it instead of staring at them online ha.  I don't think my wallet likes me anymore though  :-\ I sent friend requests to everybody in the username thread, but my psn name is Pac_Pix if you want to add me.

I'm happy to be one of the people that "talked" you into it.  :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

spac316

« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2014, 09:42:39 pm »
Just got Urban Strike for Genesis in the mail today! So now I have the whole "Strike" trilogy on Genesis(as well as the two games on PS1).

90snostalga

« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2014, 11:01:30 pm »
Took advantage of two Gamestop coupons today and got the following:

*Infamous (PS3)
*Encharted 3 (PS3)
*Halo 3 (360)
*Halo 4 (360)
*Halo Reach (360)
*Super Mario Star Sticker (3DS)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2014, 11:02:45 pm »
Took advantage of two Gamestop coupons today and got the following:

*Infamous (PS3)
*Encharted 3 (PS3)
*Halo 3 (360)
*Halo 4 (360)
*Halo Reach (360)
*Super Mario Star Sticker (3DS)

Nice finds! All A-list titles!

pacpix

« Reply #158 on: August 23, 2014, 02:29:51 pm »

I'm happy to be one of the people that "talked" you into it.  :)
Ha thanks to you and Insektmute I should have a lot more games to add to my backlog since I have a PS1/2/3 now!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #159 on: August 23, 2014, 03:58:04 pm »

Congrats! Welcome to the 60gb fatty club!

Check out my sell list. I have some PS 1 and 2 games that might interest you. I am open to trade. :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:03:35 pm by dashv »

argyle

« Reply #160 on: August 23, 2014, 05:11:28 pm »
Bwigdahl, putting a mod chip in your PS1 to make it region free isn't that big of a deal if you have low-moderate skills w/ a soldering iron. 

I stopped by a pawn shop today that I have literally passed thousands of times over the years because it is directly on my way home.  Always wanted to stop, just never did.  They had a pretty decent selection of PS3 games, and they were selling them for $10/each or 2 or more for $8/each.  So I grabbed Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm: Generations and the original Rainbow Six Vegas.  They were both complete & in excellent condition, as were 95% of the games I saw there.  Definitely going to be one of my regular stops now!  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

spac316

« Reply #161 on: August 23, 2014, 05:41:35 pm »
Bought Future Tactics:The Uprising for PS2. Found it at Goodwill for about $3. Looks interesting and for that price, why not?

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2014, 06:10:44 pm »
Bought Future Tactics:The Uprising for PS2. Found it at Goodwill for about $3. Looks interesting and for that price, why not?

That's exactly how Twisted Metal Black made it into my collection. :)

My pickups today:

Picked up these items for $15 from the local mom and pop.

Chrono Cross is just the case and manual. Someone stole the discs. My copy is the greatest hits release but the case art and manual have water damage.

I offered to buy the case for $5 but he refused to accept any money for it.

foxhack

« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2014, 06:17:13 pm »
Bwigdahl, putting a mod chip in your PS1 to make it region free isn't that big of a deal if you have low-moderate skills w/ a soldering iron.

It's a PAL game. It can't be played on an American TV. :P

jcalder8

« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2014, 06:37:38 pm »
lol, that's how most of my stuff ended up in my collection.