Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 505031 times)

kashell

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #4335 on: October 30, 2020, 07:53:26 am »
Nearly a year after receiving it as a gift, I'm playing Soul Nomad and the World Eaters on the PlayStation 2. I'm about 10 hours in and it still hasn't pulled the usual N1-isms I normally can't stand. Even the story and characters have more depth to them than their usual stuff.

I'm quite pleased.

telly

« Reply #4336 on: October 30, 2020, 08:20:11 am »
Nearly a year after receiving it as a gift, I'm playing Soul Nomad and the World Eaters on the PlayStation 2. I'm about 10 hours in and it still hasn't pulled the usual N1-isms I normally can't stand. Even the story and characters have more depth to them than their usual stuff.

I'm quite pleased.

I'm glad you like it :) I'll be waiting to read your review!
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #4337 on: October 31, 2020, 10:46:56 am »
Enjoying Watch Dogs Legion, but I love all of the other Watch Dogs games. About as buggy as you should expect from a Ubisoft title near launch. Also finally sat down and beat Super Castlevania IV, my favorite SNES game from when I was young.

telekill

« Reply #4338 on: October 31, 2020, 11:06:27 am »
I'm currently taking a break from gaming. The calm before the storm of next gen.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4339 on: November 03, 2020, 08:59:47 pm »
Im just fooling around with world of warships on xbox and Brigadine on switch.

tripredacus

« Reply #4340 on: November 04, 2020, 09:14:07 am »
Heretic episode 5 can get rekt. I now know why people complain that the game is a switch hunt, it is exactly what it is. That being said, the levels are amazingly constructed, especially for the Doom engine. I don't think I will go back to it, I think I'm done with Heretic. Onto Hexen.

Warmsignal

« Reply #4341 on: November 05, 2020, 11:34:14 am »
Excalibur 2555 (PS1). Early polygon adventure, tank controls, straight forward dungeon crawling meets Tomb Raider. I love this kinda stuff. Combat is satisfying, music is fantastic. This game is super obscure too, don't think I've ever heard anyone mention it before.

tripredacus

« Reply #4342 on: November 05, 2020, 12:05:03 pm »
I have finished all of the Survival missions in the base game for X-Morph Defense. Not going to achievement chase on it. I will set it aside for now until I get the DLC. The Wednesday game slot has been replaced with Skyrim.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4343 on: November 07, 2020, 11:22:20 pm »
Just started Into The Dead 2 on switch im really liking this game.

« Reply #4344 on: November 08, 2020, 01:11:56 am »
Heretic episode 5 can get rekt. I now know why people complain that the game is a switch hunt, it is exactly what it is. That being said, the levels are amazingly constructed, especially for the Doom engine. I don't think I will go back to it, I think I'm done with Heretic. Onto Hexen.

Hexen is also a switch hunt it's probably more of a switch hunt then Heretic if you don't like Heretic I don't think you will like playing Hexen, but again I only played the Nintendo 64 version of Hexen though
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #4345 on: November 08, 2020, 06:21:12 am »
As I am waiting for my PS5 I thought I's play a classic JRPG - I've never played The Legend of Dragoon on PS1 so began it the other night. Seems decent but the translation is very iffy....
https://twitter.com/The_Vivi_Gamer/status/1325397370020958208?s=20

« Reply #4346 on: November 09, 2020, 08:11:21 am »
Haven't really been feeling playing games, but I did manage to start playing Fallout New Vegas again, I'm surprisingly enjoying playing it again.  I normally get bored after an hour or so, especially when I remember that it's perk every other level, I never liked that.

tripredacus

« Reply #4347 on: November 09, 2020, 11:09:19 am »

Hexen is also a switch hunt it's probably more of a switch hunt then Heretic if you don't like Heretic I don't think you will like playing Hexen, but again I only played the Nintendo 64 version of Hexen though

I do not mind the switch hunt aspect. What really led me to quit on Heretic is because I ran into a map where something didn't work. It is possible because I am using zdoom and can jump and crouch that I did something out of order and softlocked the level. Without the ability to advance, I just did nextmap... and apparently when you do this, your inventory resets. Getting through the next map wasn't super difficult (I was playing on the easy mode) but ammo levels were very low and I lost all those book powerups. It was ok until I ran into a minotaur that cornered me in a secret area. I died and on respawn there was basically no ammo left to get meaning it would be impossible to get past the minotaur to finish the level. I could have used the god mode, but I just wanted a change of pace.

« Reply #4348 on: November 09, 2020, 11:53:14 am »
I started Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, which is fun, but a bit janky in a couple of spots - probably due to the age, as most similar games I've played that are more recent are more smooth.  The color palette is a bit drab, and it's starting to get a little repetitive, but Ratbag is a hilarious character.

shfan

« Reply #4349 on: November 09, 2020, 12:47:43 pm »
Playing through Shantae and the 7 Sirens, it's excellent :)