Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 505027 times)

desocietas

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #525 on: April 18, 2013, 02:20:18 pm »
I decided to dive back into Etrian Odyssey and am having a lot of fun.  However, knowing how long it took me to get to where I am - only on the 12th floor down - it makes me worried about how many more floors are left...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #526 on: April 18, 2013, 04:27:29 pm »
I think there are 20-25 levels in EO1. So you're maybe halfway... A lot further than me.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #527 on: April 18, 2013, 05:02:25 pm »
I think there are 20-25 levels in EO1. So you're maybe halfway... A lot further than me.

Hm, sounds like not very much but also correct, considering that my characters are around the level 35 mark...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #528 on: April 18, 2013, 09:22:10 pm »
Aladdin on SNES  ;D and Warcraft 2 on Saturn
I make music.
I'm really cool, you should tell your friends about me :P

https://soundcloud.com/torvez

foxhack

« Reply #529 on: April 18, 2013, 10:19:51 pm »
I started playing The Cave. It's kind of like a more story-driven The Lost Vikings mixed with classic point and click adventure gaming, not anything like what I expected it to be. So far it's fun and the puzzles are tough, but they -make sense-.

I also reinstalled Assassin's Creed 1 and Bioshock 1 since I needed to update my Steam backups. I was kinda... hesitant to do so because those two games killed one of my older video cards. >_>

desocietas

« Reply #530 on: April 21, 2013, 04:24:44 am »
Good to know about The Cave.  I was worried it'd just be a Trine clone, but the puzzling intrigues me...

Decided to step away from Etrian Odyssey (got to a part where I have to grind before continuing  :-\ ) and pop in Soul Hackers to try out, especially since the back of the box said something about StreetPass capabilities.  I like that it has that feature but doesn't *require* it - instead you can use Play Coins!  Finally, a game that uses Play Coins and not just for stupid things!

The story is pretty interesting so far, and I thought I'd be put off by the dungeon crawling (I wasn't feeling it when I was playing some of the other older SMT games) but so far I'm really digging it and having a hard time putting the game down.  A lot of decent voice acting and animations and, while I'd prefer an option to have the Japanese audio, it's not unbearable, thankfully.

Too bad the game wasn't released yet in NA for me to have taken with me to Japan, but I don't know it the StreetPass function for the game would've been compatible, anyway...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #531 on: April 21, 2013, 10:35:05 am »
Good to know about The Cave.  I was worried it'd just be a Trine clone, but the puzzling intrigues me...
I was expecting a normal adventure game, not something like this.

The puzzles have made sense so far. Use X character to pull a lever while Y character does something else, that sort of thing. But something I was -not- expecting happened as I was playing, so... I'm not entirely sure what the heck's going on.

It needs more replays, yup.

desocietas

« Reply #532 on: April 27, 2013, 03:35:20 am »
Trying out a few new games recently.  Played a bit of the following:

-  Poker Night at the Inventory
- Don't Starve
- Cart Life  <-- free if you're interested in a strange indie game.  Difficult to figure out but very intriguing.

Nice to be playing different games again, but who has the tiiiiime :(
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #533 on: April 27, 2013, 09:32:43 am »
I started playing the "Atelier" (Arland) trilogy awhile back.

If you're unfamiliar with the games/series - this trilogy consists of:

1).  Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland,

2).  Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland, and

3).  Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland.

I've consecutively played Rorona -and- last night, I finished/beat/saw the "True" ending for Totori...so...I'm moving on to Meruru now.

So far, IMO, the games (well, the 1st 2 games) have been getting progressively better -and- from all that I've read & heard about the third game indicates more of the same, so I'm looking forward to starting the 3rd one...maybe (hopefully) even today!

One last comment about Totori (the 2nd/middle game) is that:

- I was lucky & conscious enough to have not had the True End spoiled for me before getting to it, and

- It's one of the BEST (IMO) True-endings I've experienced in a good, long while :)

I'd gotten & seen all of the other endings first -and- I was very (*Pleasantly*) shocked & amazed at how I didn't expect or predict how much better, different, and enjoyable it was!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #534 on: April 27, 2013, 02:46:15 pm »
I'm still playing through Xenoblade Chronicles. But I've come to the conclusion that now is a great time to start playing through my backlog. Considering I won't have a ton of disposable income for a while for game purchases.

So,  after I finish Xenoblade Chronicles. I'm going to switch it up to Link to the Past. Because, believe it or not, I've never finished it and have only made it halfway through the Dark World.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

pacpix

« Reply #535 on: April 27, 2013, 03:05:34 pm »
I started up Dragon Warrior II again the other day.  I really like it so far, I like the difficulty.  My only complaint is the encounter rate.  Feels like I can hardly take a step sometimes.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #536 on: April 27, 2013, 03:14:58 pm »
I started up Dragon Warrior II again the other day.  I really like it so far, I like the difficulty.  My only complaint is the encounter rate.  Feels like I can hardly take a step sometimes.

I can't imagine going back to that game today. I remember it being one of the harder ones back in the day. By today's standards, I doubt I'd have the patience. I really enjoyed DWIV, though I don't remember it being quite as hard as DWII.

pacpix

« Reply #537 on: April 27, 2013, 03:21:13 pm »
I have not played many DW/DQ games, but it seems like fans say it is the hardest in the series. 
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #538 on: April 27, 2013, 04:40:57 pm »
Started in on Rayman Origins yesterday. It's pretty crazy. Love the music in it.

foxhack

« Reply #539 on: April 27, 2013, 04:53:09 pm »
I started Back to the Future (Telltale) and so far it's been entertaining, despite having the usual Telltale problems - bad animations all around. The writing's decent at least.