Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514965 times)

argyle

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1335 on: June 23, 2014, 12:53:11 pm »
I haven't read it yet either.  :P

I like the game a good bit, it's just odd to me that S-E won't give them a decent budget to polish it up a little.  The money they spent on Lightning's hair probably equalled this game's entire budget. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

abe

« Reply #1336 on: June 24, 2014, 11:37:12 am »
Wow, Aksys sure is brutal with their anti-piracy warnings. :o This shows up after you load up XBlaze Code: Embryo on the Vita (presumably the PS3 version as well).
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1337 on: June 24, 2014, 12:00:54 pm »
Meh -

that game is yesterday's news!

8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #1338 on: June 24, 2014, 12:03:21 pm »
lol  :D

became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1339 on: June 24, 2014, 12:07:17 pm »

Which makes me wonder (when I'm submitting a new game entry here)...

...If I'm holding & submitting a game the day that I bought it home from a store; does that then constitute it as its "release date"  :o

abe

« Reply #1340 on: June 24, 2014, 12:09:33 pm »

...If I'm holding & submitting a game the day that I bought it home from a store; does that then constitute it as its "release date"  :o

Is that a legitimate question or are you still trying to rub it in my face that you got yours early?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1341 on: June 24, 2014, 12:12:43 pm »

Is that a legitimate question or are you still trying to rub it in my face that you got yours early?

legitimate!

If you have & are submitting a game...is it on the person (as the submitter here) to 'double-check' & confirm that the game wasn't mistakenly bought/sold a day or a week early *OR* does day-of-purchase = "release date"?

abe

« Reply #1342 on: June 24, 2014, 12:20:44 pm »

legitimate!

If you have & are submitting a game...is it on the person (as the submitter here) to 'double-check' & confirm that the game wasn't mistakenly bought/sold a day or a week early *OR* does day-of-purchase = "release date"?

I would say you should submit whatever official release date it was supposed to have for new entries, even if somehow you got yours early. The release date should be the date that everyone for the given region is (supposed to be) able to go out and buy a copy. That's the way I add them. If I got my copy early, it would be reflected in the purchase date when I added it to my collection, not in the database's entry.

argyle

« Reply #1343 on: June 24, 2014, 02:28:57 pm »
Right.  Pretty much every NISA game comes early as well, but the release date is still whatever the official release date was.  You just got the game a day early.  :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1344 on: June 24, 2014, 03:20:13 pm »
Right.  Pretty much every NISA game comes early as well, but the release date is still whatever the official release date was.  You just got the game a day early.  :)

Oh, I know & agree with what you're both saying...just that for most people, collectors, gamers, etc - *I* would think that if they bought a game in a store & came home to submit it to a database like this (myself included); the assumption is going to be made that the "Actual"/"Technical" release date of the game is *NOT* going (to be presumed, at least) to be a day/date that hasn't yet arrived.

I'm just pointing out that:

a).  you'd have to be knowledgeable + invested enough in a certain game/series to even *realize* that you're receiving it pre-release day and/or

b).  people would need to start operating on an assumption that (there's a chance) that they have their games before they SHOULD have them ==> and get into a habit of cross/fact-checking that they are, indeed, 'allowed' to have the game that they have.

TL;DR = I just don't see people going out of their way to find out if they may have received a game before the "official" release date & IMO, it's not even that important where I'd even really care if there's a discrepancy of a day or 2 (1 way or the other) between when I *GOT* the game vs. the projected date of when I *SHOULD* have got it...

abe

« Reply #1345 on: June 24, 2014, 09:08:32 pm »

Oh, I know & agree with what you're both saying...just that for most people, collectors, gamers, etc - *I* would think that if they bought a game in a store & came home to submit it to a database like this (myself included); the assumption is going to be made that the "Actual"/"Technical" release date of the game is *NOT* going (to be presumed, at least) to be a day/date that hasn't yet arrived.

I'm just pointing out that:

a).  you'd have to be knowledgeable + invested enough in a certain game/series to even *realize* that you're receiving it pre-release day and/or

b).  people would need to start operating on an assumption that (there's a chance) that they have their games before they SHOULD have them ==> and get into a habit of cross/fact-checking that they are, indeed, 'allowed' to have the game that they have.

TL;DR = I just don't see people going out of their way to find out if they may have received a game before the "official" release date & IMO, it's not even that important where I'd even really care if there's a discrepancy of a day or 2 (1 way or the other) between when I *GOT* the game vs. the projected date of when I *SHOULD* have got it...

True, but somebody who's not particularly concerned about release dates for the games they're buying probably aren't going to be the ones who manage to get their copy early. They're probably not too concerned about adding it to VG Collect either.

« Reply #1346 on: June 25, 2014, 09:32:55 pm »
Shovel Knight! It's really good.  It's the kind of game that every retro gamer should be getting cause it's really well done.  Not super far at the moment, but it's very smartly handled.  It plays like a very tight oldschool 8 bit game, but it's not unfairly challenging like some of these new retro titles can end up being and I hate games like that.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1347 on: June 25, 2014, 09:43:11 pm »
Right now I'm playing Mario Kart 8 online.  People are way better at this than me.

soera

« Reply #1348 on: June 25, 2014, 09:46:54 pm »
Shovel Knight! It's really good.  It's the kind of game that every retro gamer should be getting cause it's really well done.  Not super far at the moment, but it's very smartly handled.  It plays like a very tight oldschool 8 bit game, but it's not unfairly challenging like some of these new retro titles can end up being and I hate games like that.

I watched the final trailer for this game 2-3 days ago. It looks amazing. I wish it wasnt digital only but I may still get one anyhow!

« Reply #1349 on: June 25, 2014, 09:50:45 pm »
Right now I'm playing Mario Kart 8 online.  People are way better at this than me.

I feel your pain, I thought I was doing good then tried to play online. I was mistaken. I think Bobster just lets me win sometimes for a ego boost.