Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515472 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1665 on: November 12, 2014, 10:48:28 am »
Ive been wanting to replay Fallout 3, but do an evil character this time. May start that today.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1666 on: November 12, 2014, 11:13:31 am »
Parasite Eve II ^^

I absolutely love that game. It's a bit more Resident Evil than Parasite Eve, but in a lot of ways, I actually liked it more than PE1.

Is one of the PE games more RPG-like and/or turn-based than the other, or are both PS1 games + the PSP one all identical in gameplay mechanics?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

davifus

« Reply #1667 on: November 12, 2014, 11:25:46 am »
Ive been wanting to replay Fallout 3, but do an evil character this time. May start that today.

One of favorite games from Bethesda. The fastest way is probably blowing up megaton and continuing to follow the "way of the bad karma".
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #1668 on: November 13, 2014, 03:32:18 am »
Is one of the PE games more RPG-like and/or turn-based than the other, or are both PS1 games + the PSP one all identical in gameplay mechanics?

The first Parasite Eve was sort of a body/survival horror RPG, yeah. Like most new things, it's a bit rough, but it's workable.

3rd Birthday is mostly connected to PE only in spirit, since it's basically a third-person shooter. Cool game, though!

« Reply #1669 on: November 13, 2014, 03:34:54 am »
I've had a shaky gaming day. Started up The Last Story and after a couple hours, found I really wasn't liking anything about it. Moved onto Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and found myself dying and continuing constantly. Buhhh.

Started up Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and I think this'll be the next game on the backlog that gets crossed off. Loving it so far!

* Confession: I've owned my Wii for a good while now, and have a bunch of games, but haven't seriously spent time with *any* of them. How lame is that?

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1670 on: November 13, 2014, 10:24:02 am »

One of favorite games from Bethesda. The fastest way is probably blowing up megaton and continuing to follow the "way of the bad karma".

That was the plan, I remember I attempted to start an evil one few years back and ended up not doing it.... most likely I got another game and played that.

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #1671 on: November 13, 2014, 05:13:03 pm »
I've been playing a new file on Dark Souls, I started as a light Pyromancer. It's pretty great.

« Reply #1672 on: November 13, 2014, 07:57:14 pm »
Played the new Mario Kart 8 DLC.  Some great maps, even a few that were more challenging than I expected.  Link is awesome too, though a few of those maps were tough using the Zelda bike I feel cause the challenge comes down to some rough corners to make, though I do like it lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1673 on: November 13, 2014, 10:09:26 pm »

I'm really enjoying this. But I also really enjoyed the XBox games in the series. Lots of destructive action to be had here! And it's cool that they added the hacking-sections. It breaks up the action and uses the touch-screen controls well.

That said, the game isn't without it's problems. They're just problems I can overlook. The first being that it takes a little to get used to the controls. Since there's no 2nd joystick, the game "fixes" that problem by using the 4 face buttons as your 2nd joystick. But you do get used to it. The other problem is the difficulty. There's definitely a feeling of repeating missions because you made a mistake here or took a little too much time while defending something. So those that like their hands held during games, may be turned off. And it does feel like the handheld little brother in the series, but then that's exactly what it is so that's hardly a valid complaint.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1674 on: November 13, 2014, 10:13:40 pm »
Played the new Mario Kart 8 DLC.  Some great maps, even a few that were more challenging than I expected.  Link is awesome too, though a few of those maps were tough using the Zelda bike I feel cause the challenge comes down to some rough corners to make, though I do like it lol

Wait.  What??  That came out???  Dammit!  I'm off to download it now!

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1675 on: November 14, 2014, 01:46:42 am »
Parasite Eve II ^^

I absolutely love that game. It's a bit more Resident Evil than Parasite Eve, but in a lot of ways, I actually liked it more than PE1.
I share that opinion 100% :)
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #1676 on: November 14, 2014, 03:56:35 pm »
Ok, so now I'm doubling up - Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii, and gearing up for another run of Dragon Age and Dragon Age II to prepare for Inqusition (so excite!), since my old saves are apparently kaput.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1677 on: November 14, 2014, 05:43:11 pm »
Getting murdered on destiny campaign at a friend's :(
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #1678 on: November 14, 2014, 06:51:35 pm »
I stupidly starting play WoW again.... now i cant stop... time to say goodbye to all my free time.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1679 on: November 14, 2014, 08:31:04 pm »
I was playing freedom fighter (ps2) today, then found out my mem card isn't working..... now I gotta go dig out another one

Also been wanting to play the first halo. but need to buy it.

1049-2600-8730