Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514929 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1680 on: November 15, 2014, 10:54:55 am »
Finally got back to playing AC: Black Flag with all the talk of how poor Unity is and how derivative and weak Rogue is lol I played for awhile before, but didn't get super deep into it before getting sidetracked, but I do love sailing the seas, attacking ships, being a pirate.  Definitely the best one to me in a series I really don't care for too much.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1681 on: November 15, 2014, 11:10:00 am »
Finally got back to playing AC: Black Flag with all the talk of how poor Unity is and how derivative and weak Rogue is lol I played for awhile before, but didn't get super deep into it before getting sidetracked, but I do love sailing the seas, attacking ships, being a pirate.  Definitely the best one to me in a series I really don't care for too much.

What are they saying about Unity and Rogue?

I just read the MP is having issues, but i dont really care about that since i am not a big MP person... And that it has some frame rate issues...
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #1682 on: November 15, 2014, 11:30:14 am »

I just read the MP is having issues, but i dont really care about that since i am not a big MP person... And that it has some frame rate issues...

Unity is apparently a pretty buggy mess right now across all the systems.  Rogue just sounds like it kinda is a "Best Of" for the AC series, having aspects from the previous games, but doesn't really do much new.  It just sounded like people were underwhelmed by both of them.  I personally don't really even like the series, the combat is bad and it never really has that great of a story, but Black Flag for the first time seemed like it actually had an interesting world to explore and the modern aspect in it is very minimal.  A good thing I feel since I hated the modern part of the story in AC3.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1683 on: November 15, 2014, 11:35:51 am »
I'm still playing Tears to Tiara 2 (and will be for the foreseeable future) but, I found it comment-worthy that, during a scene in the game last night...there was this warm, moist, and salty...something; draining out of the sides of my eyes  :P

I'm doing my best to try & remember if any other games have ever caused a similar aberration or affliction before.

Anyone else have any games that have provoked such strange reactions?  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1684 on: November 15, 2014, 11:38:51 am »

Unity is apparently a pretty buggy mess right now across all the systems.  Rogue just sounds like it kinda is a "Best Of" for the AC series, having aspects from the previous games, but doesn't really do much new.  It just sounded like people were underwhelmed by both of them.  I personally don't really even like the series, the combat is bad and it never really has that great of a story, but Black Flag for the first time seemed like it actually had an interesting world to explore and the modern aspect in it is very minimal.  A good thing I feel since I hated the modern part of the story in AC3.

Interesting.... I like AC..... But hated AC3 too..... knowing me, ill end up buying them just to add to my collection.

1049-2600-8730

maximo310

« Reply #1685 on: November 15, 2014, 01:25:43 pm »

Interesting.... I like AC..... But hated AC3 too..... knowing me, ill end up buying them just to add to my collection.
I wouldn't pick up Unity right now, mostly due to the amount of bugs and glitches in the game, as well as the unstable frame rate present throughout the game unless you turn online off. The story isn't very good from what I heard, and there's also microtransactions that ubisoft put in the game because they felt they needed it of course. The Xbox One version of this game runs the best, followed by the PS4 version, and then Steam in dead last( since many people are pissed that you need dual graphics card to make the game run smooth, along with the other requirements for PC. Rogue is like Black Flag in some ways, there are some glitches in the game as well, but its somewhat better than unity. Honestly, I would wait until those games drop in prices and get everything fixed before any sort pf purchase.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1686 on: November 15, 2014, 05:13:06 pm »

I wouldn't pick up Unity right now, mostly due to the amount of bugs and glitches in the game, as well as the unstable frame rate present throughout the game unless you turn online off. The story isn't very good from what I heard, and there's also microtransactions that ubisoft put in the game because they felt they needed it of course. The Xbox One version of this game runs the best, followed by the PS4 version, and then Steam in dead last( since many people are pissed that you need dual graphics card to make the game run smooth, along with the other requirements for PC. Rogue is like Black Flag in some ways, there are some glitches in the game as well, but its somewhat better than unity. Honestly, I would wait until those games drop in prices and get everything fixed before any sort pf purchase.

thank you for the info

1049-2600-8730

abe

« Reply #1687 on: November 15, 2014, 09:28:06 pm »
I'm still playing Tears to Tiara 2 (and will be for the foreseeable future) but, I found it comment-worthy that, during a scene in the game last night...there was this warm, moist, and salty...something; draining out of the sides of my eyes  :P

I'm doing my best to try & remember if any other games have ever caused a similar aberration or affliction before.

Yep, the ending battle in Mother 3 is what got me. :'( By the sounds of it, Tears to Tiara II will probably be added to that list too when when I get to playing it.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1688 on: November 16, 2014, 01:18:59 am »
I had a long day of playing games today, it was nice.

First I tried some Ninja Gaiden II on XBox 360. I was really enjoying it, a lot. Then I got to the final boss of Chapter 2. And I got my butt handed to me over, and over, and over again. I can't even begin to come close to beating this guy. Looks like that was as far as I was gonna get in this game.

So I played DuckTales Remastered again. This time I beat it on Hard Difficulty and I finished unlocking everything in the art gallery. Quite productive!

After that, I decided to get into my next full 360 game, since I wasn't gonna get any further on Ninja Gaiden II. I popped in Resident Evil 5. After about an hour of bland, repetitive gameplay that reminded me of bastardization of some squad-based military shooter, with Resident Evil references, I had had enough of that. God-awful game that should be ashamed to have the name "Resident Evil" on it. Tried to see what I could get for it at GameStop....a $1. Anyone looking for this game? I've got a couple of cheapies I've had my eye on that I'd take in return (one or the other, I don't mean my 1 for those 2): Thor: God of Thunder or Iron Man 2, both on XBox 360.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 01:27:46 am by burningdoom »

maximo310

« Reply #1689 on: November 16, 2014, 01:23:09 am »

thank you for the info
No problem. I still think unity is a decent game, but I wouldn't pick up until the fix all of the bugs, glitches, and fps problems that are numerously strewn throughout the game, since it can be pretty unplayable in its current state. Not everyone will experience huge amount of problems, but its just best to play it safe and wait.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1690 on: November 16, 2014, 07:36:08 am »

Yep, the ending battle in Mother 3 is what got me. :'( By the sounds of it, Tears to Tiara II will probably be added to that list too when when I get to playing it.

It's funny...I keep learning more things about Tears to Tiara 2, the more I play & read about it.

Ex.  I was already thinking that the protagonist (Hamilcar Barca) is quickly becoming one of my favorite mc's...ever.

As a fan & reader of all sorts of history - when I found out that, not only is he based on a real person (see Hamilcar_Barca on Wikipedia), but...also that the story, lore, and game itself are actually & accurately sticking to & recounting his life & events - I just started liking & appreciating everything about the game & its storytelling even more  ;D

whiteyfox

« Reply #1691 on: November 18, 2014, 05:08:08 pm »
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth has been killing me and my hours lately. I wish there weren't so many issues with the trophies.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1692 on: November 18, 2014, 05:49:29 pm »
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth has been killing me and my hours lately. I wish there weren't so many issues with the trophies.

what are the issues with the trophies?

« Reply #1693 on: November 18, 2014, 10:55:25 pm »
Been roaming around, skinning animals and shooting up baddies in Far Cry 4 on PC.  Enjoying it about as much as Far Cry 3.  It doesn't really do a lot different, though I feel like it cleaned up the game, smoothed things, added some general improvements, but not a big leap like the difference between FC2 and FC3.  Story seems a tad more engaging since your character has roots in this area compared to FC3, where the guy just ends up being in a bad place.

whiteyfox

« Reply #1694 on: November 19, 2014, 08:00:15 pm »

what are the issues with the trophies?

They simply don't unlock even if the in-game achievement has popped up. I had to do some twice to pop up. Still, some harder ones like Mama's Boy, I doubt I'll do again so I hope they fix it asap.