Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515443 times)

abe

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1740 on: December 05, 2014, 05:53:29 pm »
I decided to try out Castle of Shikigami III on the Wii today. I'm enjoying it so far, it's pretty challenging (for somebody like me without a lot of experience with shmups). The English voice acting is horrendous though, and unfortunately it doesn't seem to have dual audio options. That's just a minor issue, and I look forward to giving it some more time later.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 05:55:01 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

scott

« Reply #1741 on: December 05, 2014, 05:54:33 pm »
I've been looking for a copy of that locally for awhile now. Still need to get CoS2 for PS2 too.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

abe

« Reply #1742 on: December 05, 2014, 06:01:06 pm »
I've been looking for a copy of that locally for awhile now. Still need to get CoS2 for PS2 too.

I've been looking at getting Castle Shikigami 2 as well. It's not too expensive, so I might end up buying a copy off the internet to play soon.

retroone

« Reply #1743 on: December 05, 2014, 06:36:49 pm »
Super Hexagon has been my addiction lately...

maximo310

« Reply #1744 on: December 05, 2014, 07:14:35 pm »

I've been looking at getting Castle Shikigami 2 as well. It's not too expensive, so I might end up buying a copy off the internet to play soon.
Same here, that's the only one I need in the series( if i don't could 2's different versions in Japan). I can't find it anywhere, so I'm guessing it online for me. Fortunately, it's one of the cheapest ps2 shmups considering how some shmups for the system are close to $200, and its pretty enjoyable fun. I heard that 2's voice acting is pretty terrible as well, and the script makes no sense at times as well.

abe

« Reply #1745 on: December 05, 2014, 07:58:47 pm »

Same here, that's the only one I need in the series( if i don't could 2's different versions in Japan). I can't find it anywhere, so I'm guessing it online for me. Fortunately, it's one of the cheapest ps2 shmups considering how some shmups for the system are close to $200, and its pretty enjoyable fun. I heard that 2's voice acting is pretty terrible as well, and the script makes no sense at times as well.

The voice acting in III is so bad it's almost funny. Not quite at the Chaos Wars level of crappy voice acting, but it's impressively bad.

bobster

« Reply #1746 on: December 05, 2014, 09:10:21 pm »

2 is the only CS I have played, but the dialog is terrible. I'm pretty sure the voice actors didn't know what was going on so they just went with it.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

scott

« Reply #1747 on: December 05, 2014, 09:51:22 pm »
The only one I have is Mobile Light Force 2, which is apparently I stripped down version of CoS1. Always been wanting to get 2 and 3 tho.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

maximo310

« Reply #1748 on: December 05, 2014, 10:15:23 pm »
Although the voice acting is terrible in those games, I still think it adds to the experience along with the gameplay, since they are pretty solid shmups. I'm wondering if there will be a 4th game in the series, since 3 came out around originally 8 years ago or so. I would really enjoy playing more games of the series if they decided to create more of them.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1749 on: December 06, 2014, 02:33:25 am »
Just beat Super Mario 2 (Japanese version) and beat worlds 9-1 though 9-4

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1750 on: December 06, 2014, 10:52:48 am »

You accomplished something.  That game is crazy hard.  I get mad and quit every time I think I found a warp zone and it takes me backwards.   >:(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1751 on: December 06, 2014, 11:34:26 am »

That is a gaming feat! Congrats! That game is seriously hard! I did it once. But I did it on Lost Levels via Super Mario All-Stars on SNES. I don't know if that makes it any easier (I didn't use the save function, did it in one sitting).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:36:50 am by burningdoom »

Warmsignal

« Reply #1752 on: December 06, 2014, 02:37:07 pm »
Kameo Elements of Power.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1753 on: December 06, 2014, 06:36:09 pm »
Kameo Elements of Power.

UNDERRATED

That was my first Xbox 360 game. I loved it.

Warmsignal

« Reply #1754 on: December 07, 2014, 02:16:20 pm »
Kameo Elements of Power.

UNDERRATED

That was my first Xbox 360 game. I loved it.

Yeah, it's great so far. The only thing is the Watnot book guy, he wants to spoil every puzzle for you and it's tempting.  :-X