Author Topic: September 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28484 times)

Re: September 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2015, 11:35:32 am »
I've been busy over the past couple of weeks since I'm going back to college, and I finally got a chance to get to my local thrift stores and game shop...

All the PS2 games and FIFA Street 2 for GameCube were found at my two local Salvation Army stores and the PS1 games were found at Goodwill. Unfortunately, most are missing their manuals (I happened to have the manual for Burnout 2 so that's now complete); except for GTA Vice City, which has its manual, but is missing its map/poster, Gran Turismo is missing the Reference Manual, and Crash Bandicoot Warped is missing the disc and the manual, but it has the lenticular/holographic cover.

I also found this at Goodwill. No, it's not an Australian edition, I just can't figure out how to rotate the pic.

Black and Operation Winback are from my local game store and the rest I bought online.

davifus

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2015, 12:25:28 pm »
I've been busy over the past couple of weeks since I'm going back to college, and I finally got a chance to get to my local thrift stores and game shop...

All the PS2 games and FIFA Street 2 for GameCube were found at my two local Salvation Army stores and the PS1 games were found at Goodwill. Unfortunately, most are missing their manuals (I happened to have the manual for Burnout 2 so that's now complete); except for GTA Vice City, which has its manual, but is missing its map/poster, Gran Turismo is missing the Reference Manual, and Crash Bandicoot Warped is missing the disc and the manual, but it has the lenticular/holographic cover.

I also found this at Goodwill. No, it's not an Australian edition, I just can't figure out how to rotate the pic.

Black and Operation Winback are from my local game store and the rest I bought online.

FTFY
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

telly

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2015, 01:19:41 pm »

Ace Combat Zero... :( I want to play it so badly - I need to buy it haha.

I picked up a case/manual for Suikoden a few weeks ago to make it complete. Not a game purchase but it's something?  8)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

spac316

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2015, 09:12:58 pm »
I got Rayman Legends for Wii U from a garage sale today. I also got a bunch of other stuff from it...

theflea

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2015, 01:47:05 am »
This week picked up a few new obscure game consoles.

First my store/online pickups...

XBone
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Collector's Edition

Vita
- Ultra Despair Girls: Danganronpa Another Episode - Collector's Edition

3DS
Target had a huge clearance of 3DS games most of these where $6 a piece.
- Legends of OZ, Dorothy's Return
- Lego Chima: Laval's Journey
- Lego Lord of the Rings
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

XB360
On clearance for $10
- Crysis 3

PS3
On Clearance for $5
- Starhawk

Wii
Saw this game at Gamestop and it's been getting harder to find lately so I figured I better grab it while I can.
- Kirby's Return to Dreamland

GB
Saw this in a video on Youtube and it looked cool and wasn't to expensive.
- Noobow (JP)

Digiblast
This I have a huge thank you to fellow VGCollector Fazerco, He donated these Digiblast systems and games to my collection. Where they will stay in my collection for as long as I collect video games. I now have the main 3 Digiblast's that came out. (that I know off)  ::)
- A Blue Digiblast (in great shape I might add)  :)
- A Silver Digiblast CIB with Winx
- Rayman 3
- DigiQuad
Again thanks Fazerco, I will love these in my collection and they mean more to me knowing someone wanted me to have them.  :D

Last something I've been watching for a long time, an extremely rare game console that was only released in Japan and only six games where ever released. I've seen it many times on Ebay but it was always System only and they where pricy.
Well one popped up that not only had the system complete in box but had three games with it.  :o I've never seen games for this system. And I ended up getting it all for the same price a system only goes for.  ;D
A Gakken Compact Vision TV Boy
- Chitaiku (Scramble)
- Robotan Wars (Robotron 2084) had manual
- Frogger

Now onto the garage sales...

I go out on Thursday and I must have hit about 20 sales and I only found one game.  :-\

GB
- F-1 Race
I saw in mixed with a bunch of junk and asked how much and he said take it. Can't argue free. lol  :P

On Friday I see a couple ads for "Video Games" including one that had NES, SNES, Genesis, 32X, etc..
I hit that one first thing and get there an hour before they listed they would open. I was expecting a line of resellers but I get there and they are already setting up. I think crap odds are there was already a reseller here. I get up the driveway and the guy there said that someone came yesterday night and bought everything.  :'( Then I asked what he had for SNES games and price. He said it had five games and all was loose and sold for $150.  :o I said you mean all of it sold for $150? and he said "no just the SNES and games, I must have priced it too low" Yikes ether this system had some incredible games with it or someone paid out the butt. lol

So I raced to the other video game sale and it wasn't open yet, I looked at the ad on my phone and saw they changed the start time from 8am to 10am. so I decided to hit some sales not far off near a flea market... and oh boy did I have some finds.  ;D

Hit a sale and found a PS1 4-player adapter for $1 and a Twisted Metal Black guide for .50c.

Stopped at a sale and asked about games, the old man telling No we have nothing like that, I take a quick look and see a Blue PS2 controller sealed and priced at $3.

next sale I find a Armatron complete in box for $1, it's not a video game but I thought it looked so nerdy and cool I couldn't say no. lol As I walk to the lady to pay for my Armatron I see this young man scanning and buying a bunch of board games. (I hate these guys) I place the Armatron on the table and he picks it up and scans it. Then asks me if he could buy it. I tell him no. Then I ask the lady about games and she points to a box. I go over and open it and see an Atari 2600 complete in box. I lift up the Atari see a small box of games and a Game Boy Storage Case CIB. I Open the box and see there's a Game Boy in the case with 4 games. Then the reseller comes over and tries to grab some of the stuff and I push him away and tell him please don't touch it I'm looking to buy it. Then he starts talking about how valuable the Atari is. (Did I tell you I hate these guys) lol So I offer $20 a piece for the Atari and Game Boy lot and the seller said she will go $50 for both and as I paid the reseller was pissed and stormed away with his board games mumbling to himself. lol
Atari 2600
- Near Complete System, 2 Joysticks, Paddles, Hookups only thing missing was the manual.
- Space Invaders
- Warlords
- Phoenix
- Asteroids
- Pac-Man
- Combat
- Missile Command
- Grand Prix
GB
- Game Boy in great shape
- Game Boy Storage Case (case is a little beat up but the box is in excellent shape.)
- Tetris (with manual)
- Super Mario Land (with manual)
- Kwirk (with manual)
- Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (with manual)

Next I hit a bunch of sales in a small neighborhood and found nothing, then was driving to head out when I see a lady setting up a single table of odds and ends in her front yard. I drive up and ask from my car about games. She thinks a minute and says her husband has a ton of games but he'll kill me if she sells any of it. I was about to say okay thanks and drive off when she added, but I think I still have my Nintendo I can sell. My eye's lit up and she says she'll be right back. I pull over and wait outside her house when She calls out from a storm cellar she invites me inside. So I go inside and she's going through several boxes and finds nothing. After a while she tells me sorry to waste your time. I thank her for trying and was about to leave when she says, Wait I think it's upstairs and tells me to tippy-toe and follow her because her baby was asleep. So I quietly follow her to her living room and see her husbands game collection. About 20 PS1 games, 20 PS2 games and about 40 PS3 games. I look them over and see nothing exciting, she searches through a few cabinets and says she found it. It was a SNES with 2 controllers, all hookups and 4 games. She told me to make an offer so I start with the usual $20 and by her reaction I think could have gotten it for $5. lol Here's the games.
SNES
- Super Mario World (x2)
- Super Mario All-Stars
- Donkey Kong Country 2

its about 10am and that sale that advertised video games should be opening. I get there a little after 10 and see 2 small tables out on her lawn. The only video game stuff I see is a stack of SNES sport games, a stack of guides and some crappy 360 games. I'm thinking someone beat me to the good stuff. But I buy the 4 sport games at .25c a piece, they where in great shape and if nothing else be used to replace bad backs on other games. I find 2 guides worth buying and ask her if she had anything else video game to sell. She says she has a N64 but wasn't sure she wanted to sell it. I ask what color it was and she says Purple.  :o So I ask if she plays it anymore and she says no, and she says let me show you what I got and goes inside to get it. I'm excited because I'm still missing a Purple N64. She comes out with a Jungle Green N64, 3 controllers, rumble pak and one game. (system has extra ram pak) I ask how much would she sell it for and she says I'd let it go for $75. I told her if it was the purple one I might go that high but I can't for the green one. She then says $50 I say can you go $40 then she says $45 and I say ya I can do that. I'm guessing she got Purple from the Atomic Purple controller.  :-\ But I can't beat a Jungle Green N64 and a good game for $45.  ;D
SNES
- Hole in One Golf
- NHLPA Hockey
- Super Bases Loaded
- John Madden Football
Guides
- Nintendo Power Final Fantasy ($1)
- Tactics Ogre
N64
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - CE

And last I hit a sale that was WAY out in the boonies at a farm house. From the first sign I saw it took me several miles to find this place. I look around a see a Pac-Man Plug n Play for $1. I see nothing else and I ask the man if he had anything video game to sell. He says he has an old Sega. I tell him I'd love to see it and he goes to find it. He comes out with 2 boxes (yay) I look in the first one and its and Atari 2600 (sears 6-switch heavy) For being a rare console I sure find this version a lot lately. There was also an Atari 7800 in the box and a bunch of common loose games. I ask price and he says $150. ya... I'll pass. Then I look in the second box and see Atari, NES, SNES BOXES.  :o All empty (except one I find out later) and there was even a baggy full of manuals. I asked if he had the games for the NES boxes and he said no, his son took the NES a long time ago. I pull out an Atari TrakBall and put it with the boxes and ask what he'd want just for the Trakball and all the empty boxes. He looked confused. You want all the empty boxes? I said ya I love to display them in my game room. He said $10 for the TrakBall and I could take the empty boxes. lol When I got home and looked through the boxes I found something I didn't notice. The Atari Game Kaboom was a Sealed game.  ;D
The boxes I got where...
Atari 2600
- Kaboom (Sealed with game)  8)
- Grand Prix (with manual)
- Ms. Pac-Man (with manual)
- Sprint Master (with manual)
- Moon Patrol (with manual)
Atari 7800
- Choplifter (with manual)
SNES
- John Madden Football (with manual)
- Sim City (with manual)
NES
- NES Cleaning Kit
- Double Dribble (with manual)
- Blades of Steel (with manual)
- Bases Loaded
- Days of Thunder
- Wheel of Fortune Family Edition (with manual)
- Golf (with manual)
- Bigfoot (with manual)
- Championship Bowling (with manual)
- Major League Baseball (with manual)
- Airwolf (with manual)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (with manual)
- Super C (with manual)  :)
- Double Dragon II (with manual)   :)

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 02:09:47 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

karyann

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2015, 09:37:35 am »
I got Rayman Legends for Wii U from a garage sale today. I also got a bunch of other stuff from it...

Wow, that's some cool (and very recent :o ) garage sales finds!  Congrats!

As I mentioned in the most wanted wishlisted items thread, I just decided to order Wonderbook: Book of Potions and Wonderbook: Walking With Dinosaurs! Hopefully I'll be getting them soon.  :)

I also hit a few garage sales yesterday, but all I could find were goodies. :( I did manage to find a mint 1989 McDonald's Paratroopa! And a few Mario danglers, along with a Pikachu plush.

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2015, 12:56:01 pm »
A close friend of mine is selling a ton of games, and was nice enough to give me first dibs and lower pricing. I couldn't afford to go too crazy, but snagged Xenogears, Koudelka, and Chrono Cross for $60 total. Damn good deal, imo!

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2015, 01:57:03 pm »
A close friend of mine is selling a ton of games, and was nice enough to give me first dibs and lower pricing. I couldn't afford to go too crazy, but snagged Xenogears, Koudelka, and Chrono Cross for $60 total. Damn good deal, imo!

That is a ridiculous deal!

You just reminded me that I need to ask a local collector who us selling like 90% of his collection off if he'd be willing to sell some gems to me.

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2015, 03:20:28 pm »
Found some stuff I was really wanting yesterday, especially My Japanese Coach!

turom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2015, 03:55:38 pm »
Explosive new entry today! Metal Slug on Sega Saturn ;D

To play this game properly you need this:

Hopefully I had the cart with my Samurai Spirits IV RAM pack.

I'm very happy with this one!

BLOG - PSN - IMGUR - YOUTUBE

desocietas

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2015, 08:07:18 pm »

Oo, I'm curious if that's any good! I'm using a web program right now, but it'd be nice to have something to help learn katakana and just reinforce the basics.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2015, 08:35:01 pm »

Oo, I'm curious if that's any good! I'm using a web program right now, but it'd be nice to have something to help learn katakana and just reinforce the basics.

It is actually pretty good. I haven't used it in a while, but it's got some useful exercises that help practice with writing and memorizing kana if that's what you're looking for.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Flashback2012

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2015, 10:37:43 pm »
I found a lot of good pick ups the last few days.  :)

3DS
LEGO Chima: Laval's Journey
One Piece Unlimited World Red Day One Edition (Christmas Gift)
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 (Christmas Gift)
Phineas & Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff (Christmas Gift)

DS
Cars 2 (Christmas Gift)
Phineas & Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension (Christmas Gift)
Style Savvy (Christmas Gift)
Yoshi's Island DS
Hands On!: Tangrams

Interactive Figures
Arkeyan Crossbow (Swap Force)
Echo (Trap Team)
Fiery Forge (Swap Force)
Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz (Trap Team)
Gearshift (Trap Team)
Gill Runt (Trap Team)
Golden Dragonfire Cannon (Giants)
Hyper Beam Prism Break (Swap Force)
Jet-Vac Lightcore (Giants)
Legendary Bash (Spyro)
Legendary Zoo Lou (Swap Force)
Nitro Head Rush (Trap Team)
Nitro Krypt King (Trap Team) (incorrectly priced as regular Krypt King)
Scorpion Striker (Giants)
Shroomboom Special Edition (Giants) (incorrectly priced as the regular Shroomboom)
Sure Shot Shroomboom (Trap Team)
Thorn Horn Camo (Swap Force)
Thumpling (Trap Team)
Trigger Snappy (Spyro)
Whisper Elf (Spyro)
Winterfest Lob Star (Trap Team)

PS2
Cart Fury Championship Edition

PC
Titanfall
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
FEAR: Perseus Mandate

Wii
Astro Boy: The Video Game
Tournament of Legends

Strategy Guides
Bioshock Infinite
Disney Infinity
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinel of the Starry Skies
Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley
Little Big Planet 3
Max Payne 3
Street Fighter X Tekken

Not a bad start for the month.  :)

gf78

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2015, 08:51:47 am »
A few more pickups this past weekend.  The quality more than makes up for an lack of quantity.

PlayStation 3
Dragon's Crown (new/sealed)

PlayStation 2
.hack//G.U. Vol. 1 Rebirth complete (light scratches on disc, light shelf wear)
.hack//G.U. Vol. 2 Reminisce complete (light scratches on disc, light shelf wear)
.hack//G.U. Vol. 3 Redemption complete (light scratches on disc, light shelf wear)
.hack//Outbreak complete (light shelf wear)
.hack//Quarantine complete (light scratches on disc, light shelf wear)
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter complete (light scratches on disc, light shelf wear)
GrimGrimoire complete (light shelf wear)
Odin Sphere complete (light shelf wear, light scratches on disc)
Gungrave Overdose complete (light shelf wear)
Okage Shadow King complete ( light shelf wear, light scratches on disc)
Monster Hunter complete (light shelf wear, light scratches on disc)
Contra Shattered Soldier complete (light shelf wear, light scratches on disc)
PS2 DVD Remote complete in box with all paperwork (I actually owned this one, just had it listed as "two" for one item before)
Dawn of Mana manual (found the booklet, now my game is complete!  ;D ;D ;D )
Mortal Kombat Baraka Fatality Kontroller new/sealed

Other
Music Inspired by Final Fantasy CD complete (light shelf wear on jewel case)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2015, 04:36:00 pm »
gf.... how much money are you spending on these haha. All those .hack games man, wish I could have gotten all of mine in one go. Still waiting on Quarantine here.......