Author Topic: Collection Achievements thread  (Read 75074 times)

jcalder8

Re: Collection Achievements thread
« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2013, 02:54:56 pm »
I have just passed 2500 total games!

I couldn't have done it without the support of my loving wife who forces me to buy video games :D
Also everyone here for all the suggestions of games that I should buy :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2013, 03:57:11 pm »
I have just passed 2500 total games!

I couldn't have done it without the support of my loving wife who forces me to buy video games :D
Also everyone here for all the suggestions of games that I should buy :)

BIG *CONGRATS*!!!;
 J.Calder  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

sin2beta

« Reply #167 on: April 05, 2013, 07:57:30 pm »
Hit 50 Genesis games with Toe Jam and Earl 1 and 2, and outrun.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

jcalder8

« Reply #168 on: April 05, 2013, 09:19:04 pm »
With Battalion Wars 2 I am now at 70 Wii games

scott

« Reply #169 on: April 05, 2013, 09:24:12 pm »
Congrats guys! Nice milestones!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #170 on: April 05, 2013, 09:27:11 pm »
70 Wii games

Dang! That's a lot of Wii games.

jcalder8

« Reply #171 on: April 05, 2013, 09:50:22 pm »

soera

« Reply #172 on: April 05, 2013, 10:44:08 pm »
I just recently broke 700 NES titles (at 705). Considering how my game wall is set up, Im going to go for 10 more titles and be done (each row holds 65 games and 11 rows is 715 games). I am totally done with my Tengen releases, all 6 Mega man games, all 3 of : Ninja gaiden, Contra, Adv island, Lolo, all 4 AD&D titles and some other milestones. My last 10 games list is as follows : Bible buffet (last Wisdom tree title), Chip & Dale RR2 and Mighty final fight (final capcom games as well as last Disney game), Ultima Warriors of destiny (last of the 3 Ultima games) Linus Spacehead (last Aladdin title), Ultimate air combat (final Activision game) and then Jetsons, Cool world, Wacky races, and Wayne's world. Then my NES game wall will be complete.

Got a few other personal milestones that I am working on: My last 2 Gamecube Zelda titles are on the way to the house. Im 1 game from finishing my SMS display as well. Not sure where Im going to go collection wise from there. We shall see :)

sin2beta

« Reply #173 on: April 05, 2013, 10:58:29 pm »
I just recently broke 700 NES titles (at 705). Considering how my game wall is set up, Im going to go for 10 more titles and be done (each row holds 65 games and 11 rows is 715 games). I am totally done with my Tengen releases, all 6 Mega man games, all 3 of : Ninja gaiden, Contra, Adv island, Lolo, all 4 AD&D titles and some other milestones. My last 10 games list is as follows : Bible buffet (last Wisdom tree title), Chip & Dale RR2 and Mighty final fight (final capcom games as well as last Disney game), Ultima Warriors of destiny (last of the 3 Ultima games) Linus Spacehead (last Aladdin title), Ultimate air combat (final Activision game) and then Jetsons, Cool world, Wacky races, and Wayne's world. Then my NES game wall will be complete.

Got a few other personal milestones that I am working on: My last 2 Gamecube Zelda titles are on the way to the house. Im 1 game from finishing my SMS display as well. Not sure where Im going to go collection wise from there. We shall see :)

Man, you're so close to a complete NES set. It would be tough for me to say "done". On that set, there are so many that are insane to get, you have to be satisfied. But I don't think I could be done that close to the end.

After the NES and the SMS collection, you should go Game Gear. It is a lonely road. Not many of us. But we are the collectors that can never live the button-down lifestyle of Nintendo and Sony collectors. No, we get it all. The terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure we might offend some of the bluenoses with our cocky strides and musky odors. Oh, we'll never be the darlings of the so-called "city fathers" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and say "what ever will be done with this Sin2Beta".

soera

« Reply #174 on: April 05, 2013, 11:15:47 pm »
It would put me close enough to do that I would be happy with the collection. I dont really want to go for a full set the more I think about it cause if I really did get close, I wouldnt ever finish it with the thought of the Panesian trio, Stadium Events, Cheetahmen II, Racermate, Flintstones 2, Myriad and Caltron, Samson, etc. 10 games listed right there and it would probably set a person back 15k to get them. Just illogical. I havent paid over $100 for any game in my collection and dont plan to anytime soon.

You mention the game gear which is an interesting thought. Not sure I could do it though. Never ever owned one. I could begin the quest to get the other kiosk Ive always wanted : http://segaretro.org/Master_System_Kiosk:o :o 8) 8)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2013, 12:08:47 am »
70 Wii games

Dang! That's a lot of garbage Wii games.
Fixed it for you :)

Did you just talk crap about your own collection?  ???

sin2beta

« Reply #176 on: April 06, 2013, 12:11:27 am »
70 Wii games

LOL. That's hilarious. I didn't notice that.

jcalder8

« Reply #177 on: April 06, 2013, 12:16:42 am »
70 Wii games

Yes I did ;D I do own a lot of crappy Wii games but at least they were all cheap :D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #178 on: April 06, 2013, 12:20:48 am »
70 Wii games

Yes I did ;D I do own a lot of crappy Wii games but at least they were all cheap :D

If you don't like them, then why pay even a penny for them?

soera

« Reply #179 on: April 06, 2013, 12:22:12 am »
Its all about the collection itself sometimes. People going for full sets of stuff end up with a ton of filler stuff. Its inevitable.