Author Topic: November 2015 - The Calm before the Holiday Storm  (Read 19306 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: November 2015 - The Calm before the Holiday Storm
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2015, 05:25:52 pm »
Forgot to mention in my last post that I also came across this at a local shop for only $4:

theflea

« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2015, 07:05:40 pm »
Here's this weeks pickups...

Amiibo
- Falco
- Lottie

WiiU
Saw this on clearance for $5 brand new.
- Game Party Champions

3DS
- Stella Glow - Limited Edition
Saw this on clearance for under $5 new so sure why not.  :P
- Battleship

Wii
If you saw the post on weird games you knew this was coming. lol
I few weeks ago I was looking up odd games made in Japan and came across this one, A weird game where you have cats taking over your business and you have to play weird mini games with them. Watching a video on this made me laugh so hard I had to have it in my collection. The box art alone gets a good laugh. lol 
- Sukeban Shachou Rena (JP)

SNES
Found this CIB for only $3. Box is beat up pretty good but everything else is in great shape.
- Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits

CV
At the same use game store I got the SNES boxed game I saw this. It's a rare Colcovision game that sells for about $40-$50 loose cart. This was CIB box okay shape, but had the manual and game in near mint shape. This sells for well over $100 CIB and they only had it for $30.
- Oil's Well

"Happy game hunting!!!"

maximo310

« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2015, 08:51:41 pm »
From GS
- Trace Memory(DS)
-Secret Files Tungska ( Wii)
-Castle of Shikigami III ( Wii)

Also replaced my fat PS3 w/ a PS3 slim bundle from craiglist, and got a new Playstation TV from BB for $20.

karyann

« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2015, 09:01:30 pm »
WiiU
- Game Party Champions

Even $5 is way too much. I got it for $4 brand new  2 years ago and got rid of that as soon as I could afterwards. It's AWFUL.  :(

spac316

« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2015, 02:16:42 am »
Found the complete set of Super Mario Hot Wheels! Found them at a local variety mall.

theflea

« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2015, 06:28:51 am »
WiiU
- Game Party Champions

Even $5 is way too much. I got it for $4 brand new  2 years ago and got rid of that as soon as I could afterwards. It's AWFUL.  :(

Ya I know when I see some games on clearance, I think is it really worth $5. If it was used at $5 i would probably pass. Brand new shovel ware and most sport games is pretty much $5 and under is worth it just to add to add to my collection. I even like to collect the "Bad" games.  :P
"Happy game hunting!!!"

gf78

« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2015, 11:31:46 am »
I'm told it's one of XBox 360's hidden gems. I'm hoping what I hear is correct!

Some people really gripe about Ninja Theory's games.  But me, I really enjoy them.  Enslaved was a great game IMO.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

doafan

« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2015, 03:46:08 pm »
Found the complete set of Super Mario Hot Wheels! Found them at a local variety mall.
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/12243410_10203802187974146_381503945905625131_n.jpg?oh=f30b62e4f32a87f8049d157a79c1e33a&oe=56F00914

Holly shit this is so fucking amazing, at my next visit to an US store will look for them, indeed an amazing purchase  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

karyann

« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2015, 05:59:54 pm »
Ya I know when I see some games on clearance, I think is it really worth $5. If it was used at $5 i would probably pass. Brand new shovel ware and most sport games is pretty much $5 and under is worth it just to add to add to my collection. I even like to collect the "Bad" games.  :P

Haha yeah I know, I was speaking generally. In your case I guess it's good, but it's the only good use I can see for it  :P Anyone wishing to play it should definitely revise their stance, though.  ::)

Warmsignal

« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2015, 08:19:36 pm »
Forgot to mention in my last post that I also came across this at a local shop for only $4:

That a rare one now? I remember when I picked it up it was fairly common and inexpensive.

« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2015, 08:38:27 pm »
so today i went into bestbuy and OH MY GOD!!! what is that i see
Fallout 4 Pip boy edition. not 1 but 2 of them.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2015, 09:19:30 pm »

That a rare one now? I remember when I picked it up it was fairly common and inexpensive.

No, never mentioned it was rare. Only cost me $4.

desocietas

« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2015, 09:52:50 pm »
so today i went into bestbuy and OH MY GOD!!! what is that i see
Fallout 4 Pip boy edition. not 1 but 2 of them.

That reminds me - my bf told me that their GameStop saw someone return a Pip-Boy edition of Fallout 4 (still sealed).

When the sales associate asked why they were returning it, the customer said it was because she caught her boyfriend cheating.  Apparently she had gotten the Pip-Boy edition for him and decided to return it when she found out what he was doing  ::)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2015, 10:53:40 am »
Just got a nice pickup from Half Price Books yesterday, they had a huge gaming lot come in and I've been going almost daily waiting for them to put the games out on the shelf. I'll post a picture of all my November haul after I get home today.

gf78

« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2015, 11:06:58 am »
Just got a nice pickup from Half Price Books yesterday, they had a huge gaming lot come in and I've been going almost daily waiting for them to put the games out on the shelf. I'll post a picture of all my November haul after I get home today.

Nice.  Aside from new releases, my November pickups have been dry.  I've ended up with quite a few posters, display boxes and the like but not much in the way of actual games or hardware.  I'm not going to complain one bit though.  As for gaming, 2015 has been a good year for me and I've filled out huge chunks of my collection. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us