Author Topic: November 2015 - The Calm before the Holiday Storm  (Read 19109 times)

Warmsignal

Re: November 2015 - The Calm before the Holiday Storm
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2015, 02:03:55 pm »
Forgot to mention in my last post that I also came across this at a local shop for only $4:

That a rare one now? I remember when I picked it up it was fairly common and inexpensive.

No, never mentioned it was rare. Only cost me $4.

I assumed there was an emphasis on the word only, especially in this day and age.

desocietas

« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2015, 03:05:29 pm »
Just got a nice pickup from Half Price Books yesterday, they had a huge gaming lot come in and I've been going almost daily waiting for them to put the games out on the shelf. I'll post a picture of all my November haul after I get home today.

Nice! There's a location down two blocks from where my bf works, so he goes in pretty regularly to see their game selection. Sometimes some interesting things!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2015, 03:44:13 pm »
Forgot to mention in my last post that I also came across this at a local shop for only $4:

That a rare one now? I remember when I picked it up it was fairly common and inexpensive.

No, never mentioned it was rare. Only cost me $4.

I assumed there was an emphasis on the word only, especially in this day and age.

Finding any non-sports NES title for $4 is steal, at least in my area.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #108 on: November 24, 2015, 10:09:55 pm »
Got BlazBlue Continuum Shift EXTEND for the PS3 Via Leaptrade

Also broke down and got the japanese Lucina Amiibo. with that I've just got one Amiibo that's currently released That I want to get, so until the Roy Amiibo is out Palutena is the last one

« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2015, 08:03:26 am »
Picked up Tony Hawk  Pro Skater 2 cib ps1 for 3$

gf78

« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2015, 11:01:32 am »
I went full-on "dude-bro" last night.  I picked up a Call of Duty Black Ops III "pack" that has a wallet, bracelet, keychain and dog tag in it.   :P

I continued my "dude-bro" buying on eBay where I picked up Call of Duty 1 & 2 (both GOTY Editions) for the PC, followed by four PS2 Call of Duty games:  World at War - Final Fronts, Big Red One, Finest Hour and Call of Duty 3 (which was just part of a lot).

Now I will hunt down Modern Warfare Mobilized and Black Ops for the DS, Roads to Victory for the PSP and Black Ops Declassified for the Vita and I will pretty much have all of the Call of Duty dude-bro shooters.   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2015, 04:35:04 pm »
Did some ebay-ing again... I got this beautiful CIB copy of Prince of Persia for SFC. It's probably one of the first games I bought for the cover art alone. Next up is Doshin the Giant for N64DD. I don't have the disc drive yet but the price was right on the game. The packaging is interesting. The final item is this limited edition GBC known as Daiei Hawks. The Hawks is a Japanese baseball team I guess. It's hard to tell from the picture but both the orange and black plastic is transparent. -Funky. The condition isn't as good as I though however. I might replace the screen protector because it's pretty scratched up.

Some of you who have played Animal Crossing New Leaf may recognize this next item. After probing around the internet for a few years I finally pulled the trigger on this 1971 Nintendo Ultra "Cope." Yes, it's suppose to be scope but they didn't spell it right. Later models corrected that however. This particular unit had been posted on ebay for about a year but the seller's asking price was really high. I messaged him an offer and he excepted. I'm super stoked.

doafan

« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2015, 08:47:23 pm »
My financial situation at almost the end of this year is not what I expected but still managed to add another two NES titles to my collection, even when in the past I had seen a lot of reviews even some from the HVGM it was until I found the Cannot Be Tamed channel at Youtube that I finally decided to add the StarTropics title into my list, never heard of this title before but have to admit that it’s pretty fun and challenging also for only $ 5.45 bucks it was an excellent addition, the same week searched for some reviews of this one and noticed that there was a second part so decided to purchase Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II after I read this review, saw a copy near mint at MercadoLibre for only $ 8.48 so here am I, now I just need some free time to play with this too bad dudes  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

soera

« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2015, 09:54:03 pm »
Went ahead and hit the Black Friday sales today. Picked up 6 PS4 games. Mad Max, Until Dawn, Transformers Devastation, Metro Redux, Dark Souls II, and Dishonored Definitive edition.

gf78

« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2015, 08:21:21 am »
Snagged a 30th Anniversary Mario Modern Color Amiibo from Walmart.com yesterday.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

Flashback2012

« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2015, 11:04:38 am »
Last week's pickups...

Interactive Figures
Falco Amiibo
Mega Yarn Yoshi Amiibo

PC
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Collector's Edition

PS3
Knights Contract

PS4
Tearaway Unfolded: Crafted Edition

Wii
Squeeballs Party

XB360
Game Party In Motion

gf78

« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2015, 11:13:19 am »
My financial situation at almost the end of this year is not what I expected but still managed to add another two NES titles to my collection, even when in the past I had seen a lot of reviews even some from the HVGM it was until I found the Cannot Be Tamed channel at Youtube that I finally decided to add the StarTropics title into my list, never heard of this title before but have to admit that it’s pretty fun and challenging also for only $ 5.45 bucks it was an excellent addition, the same week searched for some reviews of this one and noticed that there was a second part so decided to purchase Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II after I read this review, saw a copy near mint at MercadoLibre for only $ 8.48 so here am I, now I just need some free time to play with this too bad dudes  ;D

Star Tropics was actually one of my most favorite NES games.  Absolutely love, love, love that game!

Flashback2012

« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2015, 11:23:56 am »
This Week's Pickups / Brown Thursday-Black Friday Pickups

3DS
Tenkai Knights: Brave Battle Special Edition

Blu-Ray / DVD
Book of Life, The (Blu)
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures: Pac is Back! (DVD)
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World MetalPak (Blu)

Interactive Figures
30th Anniversary 8-Bit Mario (Modern Colors) Amiibo
Chewbacca (Infinity 3.0)
Lottie Amiibo
Mickey Mouse (Infinity 3.0)

PS3
Dark Souls II
Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus

PS4
Assassin's Creed Unity
Bloodborne
LEGO The Hobbit
Transformers: Devastation

WiiU
Splatoon

XB360
Call of Duty: Ghosts (At $1 How could I say no?  :P)

« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2015, 12:51:52 pm »

Star Tropics was actually one of my most favorite NES games.  Absolutely love, love, love that game!
I heard good things about the games, I managed to get Zoda CIB dirt cheap not too long back, but now I need the first one.

theflea

« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2015, 11:30:03 pm »
First I gotta say that Nintendo "Ultracope" is the most unique and coolest piece of Nintendo History.
I honestly never knew this existed.

I didn't think I was going to spend a whole lot on black Friday, but I did buy more then I thought I would.
Also picked up a couple more collector sets.

PS4
- Back to the Future the Game
- Pure Chess (I've only seen this game at my local toys r us it was on sale for $12.50)
- Bloodborne
- Until Dawn

Xbone
- Thief
- Brothers (another game I've only seen at my local toys r us and only $12.50)
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
- Tomb Raider
- Gears of War: Ultimate Collection
- Transformers Devastation
- Mad Max

WiiU
- Splatoon

3DS
- Pokemon: Omega Ruby

VITA
- Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Everafter Edition

PS3