Author Topic: Gaming Resolutions for 2016  (Read 7316 times)

Re: Gaming Resolutions for 2016
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2015, 08:43:37 pm »
I put more thought into this since creating this thread and here is my revised 2016 Gaming Resolutions:

Playing Goals
- Participate and complete the VGcollect 52 games challenge
- Play and beat Dark Souls
- Catch all 721 Pokemon in Pokemon Omega Ruby (I'm at around 500 right now)
- Play Final Fantasy XIII

Collecting Goals
- Hit 1750 games in collection this year
- Obtain at least 15 import games this year
- Get within 5 games of finishing my Wii and 360 collections respectively
- reach 250 PS1 games
- Focus primarily on my PS3 collection, hitting the 200 game mark (currently at 158 PS3 games)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 12:30:51 pm by bikingjahuty »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2015, 09:08:54 pm »
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 09:11:53 pm by burningdoom »

gf78

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2015, 08:56:08 am »
Need to update my list a bit...

1.  Reach over 2000 items in my collection.
2.  Purchase (boxed) NES, SNES and N64 systems.
3.  Not buy a single "new" EA game except Garden Warfare 2.  I hate supporting this company and their shenanigans.
4.  Get an import copy of Bloodborne - The Old Hunters (since Asia actually got physical copies)
5.  Custom shelves.  I plan to use a Dremel to carve/etch the name of the system that the games are for on a piece of wood mounted to the top.  It will be fun.  So when you look at the shelf of (say) PS2 games, it will have the "PlayStation 2" logo across the top.
6.  Finally finish taking pictures and cataloging all the various posters, promos, standees and other assorted swag I have.
7.  Have enough aluminum cans saved up that when I cash them in, I can buy a brand-new game or pay off a preorder.
8.  Have enough change saved up to buy a brand-new game or pay off a preorder.
9.  Find more rare & unusual PlayStation items that were not for sale.

10.  Keep playing games with my girls.  I see a lot of Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 in my future...

Since I bounce back & forth all the time and change my mind often, I sat down and really, really thought about what my goals for 2016 should be.   2015 was like a big party for me-at least as far as games go.  But with everything that happened this year such as my well pump crapping out, my house being bombed by softball sized hail resulting in me having to have new windows, shingles and siding put on on top of my wife going out of work on disability and subsequently losing about $900 a month (due to higher insurance costs and the difference between her disability and what she made while working), I think 2016 will be a much, much lighter year for me.  And I'm fine with that.  So with that said...

1.  Reach over 2000 items in my collection (should be easy since I'm only 45 or so away)
2.  Keep collecting cheap back issues of Game Informer to try and complete the collection.
3.  Not buy any EA games besides Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 new (because, y'know...EA sucks)
4.  Finish taking pictures and cataloging all my various posters & other swag (probably another 100 items right there)
5.  Keep playing games with my girls, because we all like the games and it's time together.
6.  Save up enough aluminum cans to pay off a preorder (ended up with $30 worth I cashed in this year)
7.  Save up enough change to pay off a preorder (should be pretty easy).
8.  Work on custom shelf toppers for each system.
9.  Focus on the PS4 games I want this year.
10.  Peruse yard sales, garage sales, storage/flea markets and junk stores for super-cheap old stuff I can buy for around a buck.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2015, 09:01:53 am »
I put more thought into this since creating this thread and here is my revised 2016 Gaming Resolutions:

Playing Goals
- Participate and complete the VGcollect 52 games challenge
- Play and beat Dark Souls
- Catch all 721 Pokemon in Pokemon Omega Ruby (I'm at around 500 right now)
- Play Final Fantasy XIII

Collecting Goals
- Hit 1750 games in collection this year
- Obtain at least 10 Japanese Saturn titles (for real this year!)
- Get within 5 games of finishing my Wii and 360 collections respectively
- reach 250 PS1 games
- Focus primarily on my PS3 collection, hitting the 200 game mark (currently at 158 PS3 games)

Now is a great time for PS3 collecting.  We are at that point where PS3 is being phased out and stores like GameStop are blowing the games out for dirt-cheap prices.  It's hard to pass up even games you aren't too interested in for cheap.  I picked up Battlefield 3 for $1.69 complete!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2015, 01:40:06 am »
Systems:
3ds XL
Xbox One
Have my GBA get a backlight mod, or buy a GB SP AGS-101

Play:
Beat Assassin Creed Unity
Beat Assassin Creed Rogue
Beat MGS V: Grounds Zero
See how far I can get in Far Cry 4
download and play all Fallout 4 DLC (already have season pass)

Games:
Focus More on cart systems
Get more Wii and Wii u games
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

karyann

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2015, 10:25:27 am »
1920x1080 ;)

I'm so late but... Damn, it took me a while to get it, and then I laughed at my stupidity  ::) Good one!

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2015, 10:49:46 am »
1. Add 150 games to my collection.

2. Complete at least 10 retail games.

3. (On the fence on this one) Add another system to my collection - Either an XONE or an NTSC PS2.

abe

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2016, 05:31:11 pm »
I'm kinda late to the thread but here's mine:

• Get the rest of the Hatsune Miku game releases I'm missing. All that's left is to import the original Project Mirai for the 3DS, buy the North American PS3 version of F 2nd, and import a physical copy of the Vita version of Project Diva f and I'll be up to date (not counting the digital-only Dreamy Theater releases). Hopefully Project Diva X, and Future Tone will get localized some time this year after they release in Japan. :)
  • Get the rest of the Disgaea games I'm missing. Still 7 left including the spinoffs.
  • Get more Puyo Puyo stuff.
  • Buy stuff I actually really want to own and play instead of a bunch of cheaper games I won't get around to playing right away.
  • Continue importing more games exclusive to other regions.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

romanticore

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2016, 05:40:22 pm »
Last year, I only played/finished a total of four games. I'd like to beat that sad result this year.

I'm hoping to add some more NTSC-J GBA games to my humble collection.
Currently Playing:
Chrono Trigger (DS)

karyann

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2016, 02:19:12 pm »
My first resolution might be a bit unusual...

• Sort through my collection and sell/trade games that I don't feel like keeping all that much.
  • Play games that I own.
  • Do not break anything when I move to my next apartment  ::) Last year a plastic-drawer-tower-thing broke and my cartridges were spared, but they saw great danger. This year I'll be way more careful.
  • Get more Japan imports

deftommo

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2016, 12:22:37 am »
All I really want to do is get the platinum for Dark Souls 2. Good thing I only have three trophies left. Bad thing is that they're all of the magic trophies, getting some of them is going to be a total bitch.

kevininja

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2016, 08:02:13 pm »
Bit late but whatever:

- Purchase a PSP
- Beat atleast half of my unfinished PS3 games
- Beat atleast half of my unfinished Steam games
- Beat my remaining unfinished DS games

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2016, 02:50:06 pm »
God, japanese Sega Saturn game have become bullshit expensive :/

baseycillings

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2016, 03:52:04 pm »
Complete all my incomplete games before buying more.
Also play them.

Warmsignal

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2016, 12:03:54 am »
God, japanese Sega Saturn game have become bullshit expensive :/

Interesting goal.  ;D

My latest status update - keep buying games like an enraged lunatic. I should be able to unofficially "complete" at least one collection. I mean, I'm only 4 games away from having every N64 game I could think of wanting. But I've saved the priciest for last. :(
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 12:05:29 am by Warmsignal »