Author Topic: Limited and Obscure releases  (Read 113413 times)

Re: Limited and Obscure releases
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2019, 02:18:47 am »
LRG are release The Game Paradise Cruisin’ Mix Special for PS4 this Friday. Never mind that it’s already got a physical in Japan and has full English support....
Ignore this post. Degica (then verified in conversation with LRG) have confirmed this release is indeed different from the Japanese edition.

For starters, the standard release, at 39.99, will include the 29.99 digital came, and 30 USD of DLC (Homura, Claire, and voice pack).

The Collector’s Edition, at 99.99, includes a fourth DLC (Tatsujin), and a boatload of physical extras.

https://twitter.com/DegicaGames/status/1090799221190451200
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

Flashback2012

« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2019, 08:33:36 am »
LRG are release The Game Paradise Cruisin’ Mix Special for PS4 this Friday. Never mind that it’s already got a physical in Japan and has full English support....
Ignore this post. Degica (then verified in conversation with LRG) have confirmed this release is indeed different from the Japanese edition.

For starters, the standard release, at 39.99, will include the 29.99 digital came, and 30 USD of DLC (Homura, Claire, and voice pack).

The Collector’s Edition, at 99.99, includes a fourth DLC (Tatsujin), and a boatload of physical extras.

https://twitter.com/DegicaGames/status/1090799221190451200

Do want.  ;D

« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2019, 09:38:04 am »
It's tough to say no to such an awesome CE, but I'm gonna try my best and pass on it because I know I'd never play it.

The Deer God confirmed for PS4/Vita by Red Art Games.  Their final Vita game.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 11:07:42 am by ignition365 »

shfan

« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2019, 06:00:07 pm »
Call me sacrilegious, but having recently played through the Japanese version of Game Paradise: Cruisin Mix, I found it massively underwhelming compared to several others I've played recently like Caladrius Blaze. Just my opinion, but I'm not seeing a God-tier shooter in it.

argyle

« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2019, 05:00:06 am »
My wife decided to pop in The Observer - a LRG release we picked up last year but that neither of us had played - and we were surprised to see it started an 8gb updated. That was very disappointing, since part of the point of LRG releases, I thought, was to have the game complete on the disc. Has anyone run into this with any of there others? Specifically, I mean really big updates to their games. Any update would defeat the purpose to some extent, but an 8gb update is ridiculous IMO.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2019, 08:25:53 am »
My wife decided to pop in The Observer - a LRG release we picked up last year but that neither of us had played - and we were surprised to see it started an 8gb updated. That was very disappointing, since part of the point of LRG releases, I thought, was to have the game complete on the disc. Has anyone run into this with any of there others? Specifically, I mean really big updates to their games. Any update would defeat the purpose to some extent, but an 8gb update is ridiculous IMO.
Sadly, I think it's par for the course.  I don't think LRG has put out many complete releases, and they aren't quite competent enough to make sure the devs have no planned patches or updates prior to release.

« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2019, 02:15:30 pm »
Fernz Gate announced from LRG for sale this friday on PS4/Vita.  Another PS4/Vita game to be announced.  Speculation is Spelunky due to their teasing the CE last week.

telly

« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2019, 04:08:41 pm »
Fernz Gate announced from LRG for sale this friday on PS4/Vita.  Another PS4/Vita game to be announced.  Speculation is Spelunky due to their teasing the CE last week.

Yayyyy Spelunky!

Game's fantastic, highly recommended
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2019, 04:24:15 pm »
Spelunky was confirmed not too long ago.  CE hasn't been detailed yet.

Guacamelee 1+2 Collection for PS4/NS announced for retail release by Leadman games.

Light Tracer for PSVR announced by LRG for release on Feb 13th.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 01:00:32 pm by ignition365 »

argyle

« Reply #174 on: February 06, 2019, 06:17:18 pm »
I'll wait & see if there's a Switch port of Spelunky.

Also, Best Buy has Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe up for preorder for the Switch for $35, comes out on the 15th. Super Meat Boy comes out from them this Friday.

Oh, and Super Rare Games is taking preorders for Q.U.B.E. 2 for the Switch starting on the 13th.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

« Reply #175 on: February 07, 2019, 08:21:38 am »
I'll wait & see if there's a Switch port of Spelunky.

Also, Best Buy has Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe up for preorder for the Switch for $35, comes out on the 15th. Super Meat Boy comes out from them this Friday.

Oh, and Super Rare Games is taking preorders for Q.U.B.E. 2 for the Switch starting on the 13th.
Spelunky is not currently on Switch at all and the developers have stated that they will not be porting it to Switch as they are working on Spelunky 2.

SLG announced R-type Dimensions EX for PS4/NS releasing this month.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 11:10:51 am by ignition365 »

argyle

« Reply #176 on: February 07, 2019, 11:00:51 pm »
Man, R-Type was my favorite shmup back in the day, so Dimensions is a must!

That, Varsus Collection and QUBE 2 - and I know Play-Asia is going to announce something new any day now. Busy month! I'm glad the currently announced LRG releases don't really appeal to me.

telly

« Reply #177 on: February 08, 2019, 10:10:43 am »
Picked up Spelunky on PS4! So excited :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Flashback2012

« Reply #178 on: February 08, 2019, 08:20:30 pm »
Decided to go CE on Spelunky for Vita instead of getting the regular edition in the Mega Bundle. Expensive LRG the last couple of weeks.  :o

« Reply #179 on: February 12, 2019, 01:04:31 am »
Toe Jam & Earl: Back in the Groove (PS4/Switch) will be available for a 45-day preorder from Limited Run Games starting this Friday. There is also a CE for both platforms. Links below.

https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/1095087625042563074?s=21

https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/1095087861982994437?s=21
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)