Author Topic: Ni no Kuni for PS3  (Read 36509 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Ni no Kuni for PS3
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2013, 11:55:26 am »
I got my vanilla one on Tues & my steelbox one today...afraid I might be on the bad end of that Namco deal, too...haven't heard anything yet :(
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2013, 12:02:26 pm »
There are conflicting reports about the whole Jan 17th second wave being a whole mistake and that none of those would be be fulfilled, and other folks who got cancellation emails, called Digital River, and got a statement that the email itself was a mistake and sent out erroneously (and the customer would still be getting their product).

So I don't know what to believe now.  I assume my order from August will still be fulfilled, but I'm hoping for your sake that some of those Jan 17th orders will still go through.

This whole thing is a mess - the $20 off coupon is a joke, and that suggestion about purchasing a different preorder from them is insulting to say the least.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

psydswipe

« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2013, 12:05:17 pm »
There are conflicting reports about the whole Jan 17th second wave being a whole mistake and that none of those would be be fulfilled, and other folks who got cancellation emails, called Digital River, and got a statement that the email itself was a mistake and sent out erroneously (and the customer would still be getting their product).

So I don't know what to believe now.  I assume my order from August will still be fulfilled, but I'm hoping for your sake that some of those Jan 17th orders will still go through.

This whole thing is a mess - the $20 off coupon is a joke, and that suggestion about purchasing a different preorder from them is insulting to say the least.

I read a user comment on one of these Ni No Kuni stories who talked about their Ace Combat purchase that came with a stick. They said they had received a cancellation email on that and still got the product so Namco's online store and this Digital River company have been a mess for a while. It sounds like everyone just has to wait and see but who knows how long you should wait.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2013, 12:10:55 pm »

I read a user comment on one of these Ni No Kuni stories who talked about their Ace Combat purchase that came with a stick. They said they had received a cancellation email on that and still got the product so Namco's online store and this Digital River company have been a mess for a while. It sounds like everyone just has to wait and see but who knows how long you should wait.

Pretty much...what you 2 just said...

soera

« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2013, 12:16:04 pm »
Btw, this is a good read about the whole situation. http://www.namcobandaigames.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13022&sid=2355044e9dd72ab0a285b22cafa4bb3c

Ahh nice, got a message saying my guide has shipped too.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:18:13 pm by soera »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #200 on: January 24, 2013, 12:21:48 pm »
Btw, this is a good read about the whole situation. http://www.namcobandaigames.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13022&sid=2355044e9dd72ab0a285b22cafa4bb3c

Ahh nice, got a message saying my guide has shipped too.

Thanks for the link!

« Reply #201 on: January 24, 2013, 12:41:54 pm »
Ugh, still no information whatsoever on my 2 WE copies and 2 pre-ordered guides...  What year is it!?  I could have been playing for a couple days already...

« Reply #202 on: January 24, 2013, 12:43:41 pm »
called them up and the lady asked me to read my whole message about that it was cancelled and giving me 20 dollars to spend at the store. I told her that this is not going to work since I can't use this and pretty much a slap in the face. She of course said she is sorry and that they are working on fixing the situation and should wait for the next e-mail.. I then told her that how do I know if I were to pre-order something else that the same thing wouldn't happen to me again.. She said the same thing "sorry but they are trying to fix the situation. I then asked if I could speak to someone higher up... she told me that why I will get the same answer. I then said that well the situation isn't fixed is why and she said the same thing again "sorry but they are working on fixing the situation and you should wait for the e-mail... I feel kinda bad because I did get in that stern mode.
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

jobocan

« Reply #203 on: January 24, 2013, 01:34:02 pm »
Well I just got my shipping confirmation for my Wizard Edition. I was just about to decide to pick up the regular edition at a store (if I could find it in stock at all), but I guess I'll wait and see.

soera

« Reply #204 on: January 24, 2013, 01:41:11 pm »
I got mine too with my tracking number. :)

jobocan

« Reply #205 on: January 24, 2013, 01:52:47 pm »
I'll believe when/if I actually get the game in my hands... The shipment tracking gives no info yet.

desocietas

« Reply #206 on: January 24, 2013, 05:21:23 pm »
I just got my shipment confirmation two hours ago, but I feel the same.  I won't be able to rest easy until it shows up (probably damaged) on my doorstep.

Still holding my breath a little for the other one to pull through...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #207 on: January 24, 2013, 05:28:50 pm »
As of 1:22 pm, my package has arrived in state. Im getting anxious. I really hope DR didnt beat these things down. We will see tomorrow.

darko

« Reply #208 on: January 24, 2013, 05:39:38 pm »
Has anyone here actually bought & PLAYED the game?

desocietas

« Reply #209 on: January 24, 2013, 05:41:44 pm »
Has anyone here actually bought & PLAYED the game?

Ha, I have the retail vanilla copy in my possession, but it's still sealed, seeing as I don't actually have a PS3 ;)

UPDATE: Boo, I just got a confirmation of cancellation email for my second order... :\  At least I had one preorder go through.  My sympathies to those of you who won't be getting one - this whole clusterf&*! was awful.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 06:24:00 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas