Author Topic: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34835 times)

amauriel

Re: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2012, 06:52:03 pm »
A trip to a Gamestop (patooie) that was in an area I never get to netted me a few DS games that I haven't seen in stores either ever or in a long time, so for under $30 I got:

Eco-Creatures: Save the Forest
Theresia...
Again
and Ontamarama.

So a Majesco game, a random Tecmo crime game, an Aksys game, and an Atlus game. Hope at least one of them is fun!
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2012, 07:07:50 pm »
A trip to a Gamestop (patooie) that was in an area I never get to netted me a few DS games that I haven't seen in stores either ever or in a long time, so for under $30 I got:

Eco-Creatures: Save the Forest
Theresia...
Again
and Ontamarama.

So a Majesco game, a random Tecmo crime game, an Aksys game, and an Atlus game. Hope at least one of them is fun!

Nice.

I just recently (like a month or 2 ago) found out (while reading the back of a Guilty Gear case) that Majesco is not only in N.J...but it's also less than an hour from my house.

It's really amazing that I could have *NOT* known that for as long as I have :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

teknophyl

« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2012, 09:06:44 am »
The B2G1 Free at GS (patooie) is great if you can find copies with cover art and manuals. Went in yesterday and got Devil May Cry 2, MGS 3, and Rogue Galaxy, an Eye Toy and PS2 remote all for under $20.

Most proud of the Shining Force Neo guide I found in great condition for $3. It was in a bargain bin at this local used bookstore. Then I went over to their used games section and saw they were selling the game itself for $22... smh

Playing - KOTOR, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

darko

« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2012, 01:07:25 pm »
Picked up a cart only of Mega Man Soccer today for the SNES. Pretty happy to find it in the wild. I spent $20 on it which might be a tad high, but oh well :)

foxhack

« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2012, 03:19:22 pm »

Koala Lumpur: Journey to the Edge - $4.

So a little while ago I was browsing eBay, looking for a game I've wanted for some time, and I saw this at a seller's storefront. I decided I'd buy it if I ever got the money to buy the other game... and today it was right there in a bag of stuff. The box is beat up but it's brand new. Eh.

And I just noticed the crease across the box is kinda aligned with the tiretrack... haha.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2012, 02:00:19 am »
Picked up a few odds n' ends while I was out.

RBI Baseball '95 - Sega 32X
NBA Jam - Sega CD
NHL '94 - Sega CD
Jeopardy! - Sega CD
Power Rangers - Sega CD
Dracula Unleashed - Sega CD
NFL's Greatest San Francisco Vs Dallas 1978-1993 - Sega CD

Nothing too terribly interesting, but the Sega CD stuff was worth it for some decent/intact cases.

jcalder8

« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2012, 02:08:51 am »
@foxhack, wow that is just bizarre looking. What genre is it?

foxhack

« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2012, 11:41:59 am »
@foxhack, wow that is just bizarre looking. What genre is it?
Adventure. Bizarre doesn't seem to be enough to describe it...

jcalder8

« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2012, 01:53:02 pm »
Well the mail carrier came today and delivered me a copy of:Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver: The Official Pokemon Johto Guide & Johto Pokedex: Official Strategy Guide

It was less than 10 shipped so I was really happy about it! Unfortunately I had wanted to buy: Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver The Official Pokemon Kanto Guide National Pokedex: Official Strategy Guide

Not my finest moment.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2012, 04:45:23 pm »
I picked up my 2 pre-ordered copies of Game of Thrones for the PS3.

I also used up like a $5 gift-card balance, and got 10% off for having that silver "whatever-the-hell-they-call-it" card...and an additional 10% off for getting the game & guide together which all added up to me paying ~ $13 (out-of-pocket) to pick up the Prima strategy-guide for it as well

Each one came w/ a 64 page, hardcover art-book; *signed* by George RR Martin (so I have 2 of them - and they're both individually sealed).

This is where I hit that "Gamer vs. Collector" conflict.

I mean...there can be no doubt about how highly-collectible, rare, sought-after, and valuable these signed art-books will (eventually) become...so...rather than open either one of the books up & looking through them...they both sit (and will continue to sit) on my shelf *Sealed*

Anyone else do stuff like this (disliking ourselves for it as we do it)...or is it just me?!@

scott

« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2012, 05:04:34 pm »
Anyone else do stuff like this (disliking ourselves for it as we do it)...or is it just me?!@

Generally, I don't pick up things to keep them sealed. I buy them open them and enjoy them myself and usually don't worry about it affecting it's value. Right now, the only game I have bought new that is still sealed, is Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. But that's only because I haven't had time to finish GS and GS:LA.

I do have some sealed Saturn games, a Castlevania - NES Classics for GBA, and a Naruto game for PS2 that are all still sealed. I was tempted to crack open the copy of D that I got from Foxhack, but have since decided to leave it sealed.

A lot of things I open up so I can scan the discs/carts for the site, which I suppose I make a priority over future value. Plus I've said before that most everything I own won't be given/traded/sold off until I am old and grey and ready to pass it to my kids or to other collectors.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2012, 05:07:13 pm »
6 months ago, I owned nothing other than my Lunar puppet that I can recall is still sealed. Since then, I have acquired quite a few things sealed and plan to leave them that way. Most of them are items I found at thrift stores or really good prices on interesting items. I did buy a fair share of sealed DW/DQ games lately however.

scott

« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2012, 05:14:47 pm »
I agree, if I find a sealed game for Saturn or GB I'll keep it sealed. But new games I crack those bad boys right open, there is no way I'd not allow myself to play Xenoblade, for example, just because it's "rare". But if I found a sealed copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga and the goober was selling it for $20, i'd leave it sealed for sure.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2012, 05:18:15 pm »
I was more talking about things like the signed & sealed art-books...I've already cracked-open the game itself and (fervently hope that), once I get done/caught-up w/ adding my things here...it will be one of the next games that I get around to playing...

scott

« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2012, 05:27:30 pm »
Oooh, ya. I have a signed copy of TMNT #1, the free comic book day reprint. Autographed by Peter Laird. I read it once and then board and bagged it. I'll never touch it again.