Author Topic: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34824 times)

soera

Re: May 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2012, 05:28:36 pm »
I put $5 on a pre-order at Best Buy for Assassin's Creed whatever the new one coming out is just so I could get that steelbox and I am leaving it sealed. I have 2 copies of the Xenoblade artbook in a sealed bag atm as well.

atariboy

« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2012, 08:04:13 pm »
Today I got from Local pawn shop for about $13:

Xbox - Panzer Dragoon Orta Demo Disc
Xbox - Worms Forts Under Siege
Xbox - Shattered Union
PS2 - Final Fantasy XII
PS2 - Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
PS2 - Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

scott

« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2012, 08:49:00 pm »
Diablo III CE came today! I'm installing it now, while thumbing through the Artbook. Man, everything about this set is well done, the packaging is high quality, the artbook is nicely bound and the soundtrack has a very nice case. The Diablo skull is a little small, but still really really cool. I'm pretty sure this is the best, most worth it CE I've ever bought.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2012, 10:38:14 pm »
You suck! Thats so painful to see ... makes me super jealous. :P

scott

« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2012, 11:59:00 pm »
The only bad thing about this CE? It's too big to fit in my scanner to get my own scans of the front and back. :P

I won't twist the knife and mention anything about awesomeness of the game itself... it's flipping sweet

jobocan

« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2012, 01:03:40 am »
... it's flipping sweet

That's pretty true. While I'll remain annoyed at the lack of customizing, the gameplay is still super solid, and they actually improved a couple things from the beta. The enemies are tougher, the skills are given out in different order so you're less overpowered... and it's actually possible to die, something I didn't see in the beta. Very nice.

My big problem right now though is... well... I'm playing single-player, but I'm at the mercy of a server, so I get frequent lag, and if the servers blow up I can't play the game at all. It's just dumb. A large part of the day people couldn't even play it. Great job Blizzard; the biggest launch of the year and you screw it up.
It's like they forgot to stress test their servers and work out any potential issues even during the busiest days of the beta. I'd understand if this were an MMORPG, WoW/Everquest expansion releases always have issues, but this is a single-player game with a co-op mode, there's literally no reason to be bound to a server other than to play multiplayer.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2012, 09:29:47 am »
Diablo III CE came today! I'm installing it now, while thumbing through the Artbook. Man, everything about this set is well done, the packaging is high quality, the artbook is nicely bound and the soundtrack has a very nice case. The Diablo skull is a little small, but still really really cool. I'm pretty sure this is the best, most worth it CE I've ever bought.

That is indeed a very nice looking CE!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

madmax

« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2012, 03:27:47 am »
I really really regret not getting the CE :(

Anyways, Alex was cleaning the basement and found these. She had told me that they had a "few" n64 games, I was really happy when she found all of these (and a controller).

htimreimer

« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2012, 10:45:28 am »

Anyways, Alex was cleaning the basement and found these. She had told me that they had a "few" n64 games, I was really happy when she found all of these (and a controller).

my family had a n64 until the power switch died damaging circuit board and thats what i call bad design

« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:50:03 am by htimreimer »

scott

« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2012, 10:59:36 am »
That's a pretty nice haul on the N64 games!

blipcs76

« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2012, 02:32:35 pm »

Nice find!  I poked around garage sales this morning and picked up Mario Party, Mario Kart 64 and Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire for $10. 

I have the rest of the week off since we're prepping for OUR garage sale which starts tomorrow, so I was able to hit a few this morning.  There are a TON of garage sales this weekend; it's a shame I'm going to miss them while I'm sitting on my porch hoping people haul off our junk :D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2012, 03:11:09 pm »
Killed some time yesterday, so I milled around in Gamestop.  I came home with Rogue Squadron II and Wave Race for GameCube for $7.  See, Gamestop isn't all that bad.  ;)

desocietas

« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2012, 03:31:11 pm »
Killed some time yesterday, so I milled around in Gamestop.  I came home with Rogue Squadron II and Wave Race for GameCube for $7.  See, Gamestop isn't all that bad.  ;)

I'm surprised you still found some Gamecube games!  My local Gamestop either had someone buy all of them or they shipped them off to another store or something...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

atariboy

« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2012, 04:42:49 pm »
Just stopped by a house where a guy was setting up for yard sale, asked him if he would mind if i took a look. I found Rayman 2 with free watch packaging. It's still sealed, with bent corner on packaging. Scan is what I put up.

http://vgcollect.com/item/25848

Edit: Just returned from savers where I picked up The Death and Return of Superman for Genesis for $2.99
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 07:24:00 pm by atariboy »
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

jcalder8

« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2012, 10:01:05 pm »

I picked most of these up over the last 2 days. The Nash jersey was $5, the PC games were $3 each and complete. The Stix 200 thing was only $3 and you will see why I bought it in the next photo.

This stuff was inside the Stix 200 box. I know that it is worth about what I paid but I have never found anything like this before. The videos on the disc are pretty much just TV spots but there is also "Rough Cut" of a TV ad so that is cool.

Lastly I thought these needed their own picture. They are all complete including any inserts they came with. I overpaid for Shadows of the Empire but I under paid for the Zeldas so I figured it all evened out. The original plastic is still there on the Zelda games just the one side was cut open.