Author Topic: July 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 32100 times)

desocietas

Re: July 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2012, 02:16:30 am »

The boxes aren't pristine, unfortunately... Ys Seven is slightly squished and a bottom corner slightly torn probably when someone tried to force it open.

DDS1 was unfortunately squashed when the eBay seller decided to send me the item (that looked pristine in his photos) in an unpadded manila envelope.

Hopefully I can resolve that with him soon...

Speaking of DDS1, I wanted to verify with you forum folk about whether the item was released in two formats: 1) regular game-only version and 2) deluxe version with slipcase & soundtrack and such.  If so, that means the non-deluxe version should have the non-deluxe image, no? (http://vgcollect.com/item/1144)

I was just afraid to change it when I noted how many users had already marked that they owned the non-deluxe version (while only 1 person has claimed the deluxe version).  ... also looks like the barcodes for the game box itself and the deluxe slipcase are the same, too, which is a bit confusing.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2012, 09:48:38 am »
It's not so much of them disappearing from my shelves but that they keep getting pushed around to different locations as the Vita and other displays vie for space...

Exactly this. All my GameStops have may e one shelf of PSP games and some of them are new and used mixed all together.

The used game shops are a different story, but usually they don't have anything good, and mostly lame umd movies.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2012, 10:46:12 am »

Speaking of DDS1, I wanted to verify with you forum folk about whether the item was released in two formats: 1) regular game-only version and 2) deluxe version with slipcase & soundtrack and such.  If so, that means the non-deluxe version should have the non-deluxe image, no? (http://vgcollect.com/item/1144)

I was just afraid to change it when I noted how many users had already marked that they owned the non-deluxe version (while only 1 person has claimed the deluxe version).  ... also looks like the barcodes for the game box itself and the deluxe slipcase are the same, too, which is a bit confusing.

While I don't know all of the specifics, I *CAN* confirm for you that there were indeed 2 releases of DDS 1.

I'm pretty sure the 1st release (which is probably what may have been called "the deluxe" one) is the one that you have that came in the box...I also *Believe* that there may have been an OST originally included w/ that version.

There was then a re-release/2nd print-run of the 'vanilla' (non-boxed) game.

Also, be aware that, iirc, *BOTH* DDS 1 & DDS 2 have quite nice *reversible* sleeves (so, depending on which sleeve each owner likes better...you could be seeing pics of the same game that look different/have different cover-art work.

Also,

@Scott and/or Matt:

Is there any 'policy' here concerning games with 2 possible images for the front & back of the case?

Just wondering, because if two people have the same game -and- each one of them prefers a different side of the reversible-sleeve...this could quickly (and easily) lead to confusion, dupes, etc...

A suggestion...possibly instead of attaching an image of the game disc itself - use that spot for a pic of the alternate cover...or...just be sure to make mention of this whenever adding one of these games in its "Description"/"Notes" area???
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

forte

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2012, 01:47:54 pm »
More new stuff!

Sineca Rockman S (Pirate handheld), Mega Man Game Gear (Pirate), Mega Man X5 PAL (PS1), Rockman World 1-5 Multicart GB (Pirate)

Rockman X3 Chimera/Hawk Armor Kit

jobocan

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2012, 02:18:19 pm »
Just out of curiosity, since I can't see it too well in the picture, how do you know the game gear game is a pirate?

forte

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2012, 02:25:57 pm »
The obvious give away is the box, its way too small to be legit. Second, the cartridge just says "GAME" on it instead of "GAME GEAR". Third, I bought it from Taiwan ;)

jobocan

« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2012, 02:38:08 pm »
The obvious give away is the box, its way too small to be legit. Second, the cartridge just says "GAME" on it instead of "GAME GEAR". Third, I bought it from Taiwan ;)

Right, I'm not terribly familiar with Game Gear overall, so I didn't realize the box was too small. The last 2 do give away the fact it's pirated though :P

Oh, and that Armor thing, is it "compatible" with an X figure? That'd be kinda awesome.

scott

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2012, 02:42:01 pm »
Here's a pic of all my latest pick ups. I've mentioned everything else. But, Persona 4 came today, it was sealed but I opened it up. Other than these, I also have Unlimited SaGa on it's way from Amazon.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2012, 03:30:28 pm »
good stuff!  Love seeing the photos!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2012, 03:58:47 pm »
Damn, Scott!

Where the hell did you ever manage to find such an amazingly beautiful copy of that PS2 game, Romancing SaGa ;)

Also (I also somewhat recently got myself a copy of Dragon Warrior VII)...where did you find that one -and- what kind of prices did you see it going for (in a "Used" Like-New W/ case & manual) kind of condition?

forte

« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2012, 04:02:35 pm »

Right, I'm not terribly familiar with Game Gear overall, so I didn't realize the box was too small. The last 2 do give away the fact it's pirated though :P

Oh, and that Armor thing, is it "compatible" with an X figure? That'd be kinda awesome.
Supposedly it's compatible with all of Bandai's X figures from the mid 90's (namely the Rockman X3 line), but I imagine the X4 and X5 figures work too. I've got an X3 Zero and X4 Ultimate Armor X that I would test with, but I don't want to open it ;)

soera

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2012, 04:32:02 pm »
Im simply jealous of your mega man stuff. I really wish there were more DQ games I could add to my collection. Im sure I could pick up a bunch of figures/plushies but they arent as cool as games themselves. I wonder if there are any pirated DQ games. Its making me curious now!

jcalder8

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2012, 05:01:35 pm »
I picked up Rhapsody for the DS today for $4.50. I haven't heard of it but when the back of the box says that I can attack with pancakes I knew I had to get it.

desocietas

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2012, 05:26:29 pm »
I picked up Rhapsody for the DS today for $4.50. I haven't heard of it but when the back of the box says that I can attack with pancakes I knew I had to get it.

Sounds like my kinda game, too ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2012, 05:38:22 pm »
Never played the DS version of Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure -BUT-, quite a long time ago, I played & had fun w/ the PSX version of the game :)

It actually pulled-off being a "Musical RPG" (as in, characters actually burst-out in song (solos, duets, and more:).
Also, in a 'cheesy' kind of way (...like maybe a *blending* of Journey, Foreigner, and Air Supply :P
...Believe it or not...some of the songs were actually pretty damned good!

A little tidbit of trivia for any other Disgaea/NIS fans is that Margoly (and several other characters that either have cameo appearances, weapons/items named after them, and/or are (at the least) referenced in later Disgaea/NIS games...originally appeared in Rhapsody  ;)