Author Topic: July 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 32130 times)

jobocan

Re: July 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2012, 06:19:44 pm »
I picked up Rhapsody for the DS today for $4.50. I haven't heard of it but when the back of the box says that I can attack with pancakes I knew I had to get it.

It's supposed to be a port of the PS1 Rhapsody, but it features a completely different battle system.

OH, and I got games today, started building up my Xbox "collection"!

For Xbox, I got:
Jet Set Radio Future+Sega GT 2002 (both games for less than one of them? yes please... it seems still sealed, but that's not staying)
Outrun 2
Panzer Dragoon Orta

And otherwise I got:
Space Channel 5 on Dreamcast
Chiki Chiki Boys on Genesis (whatever that is)

I'm on a Sega roll today :)

foxhack

« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2012, 09:28:20 pm »
DDS1 was unfortunately squashed when the eBay seller decided to send me the item (that looked pristine in his photos) in an unpadded manila envelope.
LEAVE THAT BASTARD A NEGATIVE.

He has it coming. That's unexcusable.

desocietas

« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2012, 09:41:30 pm »
DDS1 was unfortunately squashed when the eBay seller decided to send me the item (that looked pristine in his photos) in an unpadded manila envelope.
LEAVE THAT BASTARD A NEGATIVE.

He has it coming. That's unexcusable.

*laughs* Thanks, Foxhack, for the sympathy - I thought you would certainly understand!

I was pretty astounded by how stupid it was on his part, ranted loudly to my boyfriend about it, and messaged the seller as soon as I could.  He got back to me promptly and said he might have an extra slipcase and outerbox (he said he used to have more than one copy) he can send me to make up for it.  We'll see how it all turns out.  I'm thankful that the final bid price was low, though, or I'd be even more upset.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jobocan

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2012, 09:46:22 pm »
Okay, so since I finally got actual games for my original Xbox, I plug it in, press the eject button to start playing some Panzer Dragoon Orta, and find a Midway Arcade Treasures disc in there.... Weird.

desocietas

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2012, 09:48:58 pm »

Speaking of DDS1, I wanted to verify with you forum folk about whether the item was released in two formats: 1) regular game-only version and 2) deluxe version with slipcase & soundtrack and such.  If so, that means the non-deluxe version should have the non-deluxe image, no? (http://vgcollect.com/item/1144)

I was just afraid to change it when I noted how many users had already marked that they owned the non-deluxe version (while only 1 person has claimed the deluxe version).  ... also looks like the barcodes for the game box itself and the deluxe slipcase are the same, too, which is a bit confusing.

While I don't know all of the specifics, I *CAN* confirm for you that there were indeed 2 releases of DDS 1.

I'm pretty sure the 1st release (which is probably what may have been called "the deluxe" one) is the one that you have that came in the box...I also *Believe* that there may have been an OST originally included w/ that version.

There was then a re-release/2nd print-run of the 'vanilla' (non-boxed) game.

Thanks!  I submitted a regular cover of the non-boxed game... hopefully that will prevent future confusion.

Also, be aware that, iirc, *BOTH* DDS 1 & DDS 2 have quite nice *reversible* sleeves (so, depending on which sleeve each owner likes better...you could be seeing pics of the same game that look different/have different cover-art work.

Also,

@Scott and/or Matt:

Is there any 'policy' here concerning games with 2 possible images for the front & back of the case?

Just wondering, because if two people have the same game -and- each one of them prefers a different side of the reversible-sleeve...this could quickly (and easily) lead to confusion, dupes, etc...

A suggestion...possibly instead of attaching an image of the game disc itself - use that spot for a pic of the alternate cover...or...just be sure to make mention of this whenever adding one of these games in its "Description"/"Notes" area???

This is a good question... Mods, would this info clutter too much or be helpful?  The description field is supposed to be used for things such as listing box contents or variant-specific details, as far as I know, so I'm wondering if noting reversible artwork should be included or not.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2012, 09:50:22 pm »
Okay, so since I finally got actual games for my original Xbox, I plug it in, press the eject button to start playing some Panzer Dragoon Orta, and find a Midway Arcade Treasures disc in there.... Weird.

Score!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

madmax

« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2012, 03:46:51 am »
The obvious give away is the box, its way too small to be legit. Second, the cartridge just says "GAME" on it instead of "GAME GEAR". Third, I bought it from Taiwan ;)

Right, I'm not terribly familiar with Game Gear overall, so I didn't realize the box was too small. The last 2 do give away the fact it's pirated though :P

Oh, and that Armor thing, is it "compatible" with an X figure? That'd be kinda awesome.
Supposedly it's compatible with all of Bandai's X figures from the mid 90's (namely the Rockman X3 line), but I imagine the X4 and X5 figures work too. I've got an X3 Zero and X4 Ultimate Armor X that I would test with, but I don't want to open it ;)

I guess you'll need to get a second one. For Science.

matt

« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2012, 12:07:12 pm »
This is a good question... Mods, would this info clutter too much or be helpful?  The description field is supposed to be used for things such as listing box contents or variant-specific details, as far as I know, so I'm wondering if noting reversible artwork should be included or not.

I eventually want to change how we handle images. I think our images are too restrictive and small right now. This probably won't happen for some time but it's on my todo list.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2012, 12:48:00 pm »
Speaking of DDS1, I wanted to verify with you forum folk about whether the item was released in two formats: 1) regular game-only version and 2) deluxe version with slipcase & soundtrack and such.  If so, that means the non-deluxe version should have the non-deluxe image, no? (http://vgcollect.com/item/1144)

I was just afraid to change it when I noted how many users had already marked that they owned the non-deluxe version (while only 1 person has claimed the deluxe version).  ... also looks like the barcodes for the game box itself and the deluxe slipcase are the same, too, which is a bit confusing.

You've actually piqued my curiosity with this whole "Digital Devil Saga"...saga :P

I guess that's mainly because I had so much fun playing both of the DDS games :)
Also, once I start wondering about something that I don't know the answer to (*Especially* when it relates to one of my all-time favorite games & series)...I...guess...that...I just get pretty tenacious & relentless - until I've hunted down the answers/Info that I was after  ;)

Anyway...here's the full *deal* w/ DDS One...

A).  There were indeed two releases of the game.

B).  The *Initial* release was the boxed version.  At the original time of the game's release...this boxed-version would have been the *only* version to be found.

C).  This initial boxed edition (which, supposedly has enough room/space in the box to hold both DDS 1 & DDS 2) came with:

(1).  The game disc itself,
    (2).  A  40-page instruction manual,
    (3).  An Art-Book, and
    (4).  A "*Special*" version of the OST.
             (- the word "Special" used above is in quotes because...it is *NOT* the entire/official OST.  For various "Licensing" reasons/issues/problems, and due to various other vague & unspecified isues...a good amount of the songs that are on the Japanese OST/Game...were left-off of this (U.S) OST...

(D).  Then, later...the game was re-printed as the 'vanilla' "game-only" version.

Both versions have the same reversible sleeves.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2012, 02:14:36 pm »
Awesome!  That definitely clears things up.  A little confusing for the launch copies to be called "deluxe" but I guess that's just how it goes.  I'll have to edit the description field in the deluxe version to include what all the goodies are.  Thanks for doin' the research!

Both versions have the same reversible sleeves.

Hm, I checked when you mentioned this in your previous post, but I didn't see a reversible sleeve in my game... :\  I'll have to check again to make sure I'm not crazy.  I think maybe it's just the second game that has the reversible cover.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2012, 02:33:23 pm »
Damn, Scott!

Where the hell did you ever manage to find such an amazingly beautiful copy of that PS2 game, Romancing SaGa ;)

I'm not sure where it came from, it just arrived in the mail one day. I was all like "Oh hey, thanks amazing game mail genie, I'll take that."

Also (I also somewhat recently got myself a copy of Dragon Warrior VII)...where did you find that one -and- what kind of prices did you see it going for (in a "Used" Like-New W/ case & manual) kind of condition?

I've been looking for Dragon Warrior VII for a while, and every copy I saw was priced around the $65 range. Soera found this one for me at the OVGE show for like $35 and it's in excellent shape. When he told me the price I had to jump on it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2012, 02:40:11 pm »
Im simply jealous of your mega man stuff. I really wish there were more DQ games I could add to my collection. Im sure I could pick up a bunch of figures/plushies but they arent as cool as games themselves. I wonder if there are any pirated DQ games. Its making me curious now!

I know there are some romhacked Castlevania games out There but I honestly don't care about them at all. (Except for Foxhacks translated Kid Dracula). Personally I wouldn't include pirated carts in my collection of Castlevania stuff.

I do enjoy my copy of Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart tho. But that's a rare instance.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2012, 02:44:14 pm »

Hm, I checked when you mentioned this in your previous post, but I didn't see a reversible sleeve in my game... :\  I'll have to check again to make sure I'm not crazy.  I think maybe it's just the second game that has the reversible cover.

Oooh...sorry about that - I must have had one thing on my mind while I was typing another  :-[

You're absolutley right, though...It's only the 2nd DDS that has the reversible cover :P

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2012, 02:49:42 pm »
Damn, Scott!

Where the hell did you ever manage to find such an amazingly beautiful copy of that PS2 game, Romancing SaGa ;)

I'm not sure where it came from, it just arrived in the mail one day. I was all like "Oh hey, thanks amazing game mail genie, I'll take that."

Ha Ha Ha!
I've got one of those "Mail Genies" too :P
Sometimes I get these envelopes from dudes 'n' gals from different states, open 'em up...and find some cash  ;)

I've been looking for Dragon Warrior VII for a while, and every copy I saw was priced around the $65 range. Soera found this one for me at the OVGE show for like $35 and it's in excellent shape. When he told me the price I had to jump on it.

Very nice price/buy, indeed  8)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2012, 04:01:21 pm »
So, I was running around and found myself almost driving right past my closest Gamestop store...

I decided to stop-in real quick & see if they had any B1G1's, B2G1's or B2G2's for anything that I'd have any interest in...

Turns out, that their Game-Cube games (which were just about as slim as pickings could possibly ever get :)
- were B2G2.

Since they really didn't have anything that I would have bought normally...and since I...

...*Just Couldn't*...*NOT*...

...buy four games for $10.00...

I walked out w/ the following *4* GC games (that are each & every one of them the very epitome of the descriptive word..."MEH":

(1).  Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell,
(2).  The Sims: Bustin' Out/*"Player's Choice"* version,
(3).  Turok: Evolution, and
(4).  Bionicle.

(All games are C.I.B.; Btw)

I guess that this can also be (at least partially) attributed to my closing-in on/wanting to cross that elusive threshold & get my badge for my:

*500*

"Items in Collection"...W/O having to start going throuh/adding all of my guides, OST's, Swag, etc...