Author Topic: Looking For / Help Me Find Thread  (Read 163546 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Looking For / Help Me Find Thread
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2013, 11:04:45 am »
I'd wait until the hype has died down a little.
That's what I said when Earthbound was around $80

darko

« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2013, 11:14:36 am »
I'd wait until the hype has died down a little.
That's what I said when Earthbound was around $80

Didn't Nintendo announce that they're going to release EB on the Virtual Console?

scott

« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2013, 11:17:14 am »
Nope. They announced "Mother 2" for the Japanese VC. But still no word on "Earthbound" for NA VC... at least that I know of.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2013, 04:10:22 pm »
Okay, I decided to make a Google Doc to send to a friend who has been selling games that had been traded in/sold to a local music shop.  All the trades from the area come to one shop, and he has a connection with the store and has been getting stuff to sell for pretty cheap.

I've been working on my list, but I thought I'd open it up for everyone to edit and add stuff to in case we ever come across these items in the wild.

Let me know if you have any questions!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au6bSvGi8N1pdDRUUm0zclAyZUVCMC05eVRUdGhOQmc&usp=sharing

Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

ko1ru

« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2013, 11:04:26 am »
Okay, I decided to make a Google Doc to send to a friend who has been selling games that had been traded in/sold to a local music shop.  All the trades from the area come to one shop, and he has a connection with the store and has been getting stuff to sell for pretty cheap.

I've been working on my list, but I thought I'd open it up for everyone to edit and add stuff to in case we ever come across these items in the wild.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au6bSvGi8N1pdDRUUm0zclAyZUVCMC05eVRUdGhOQmc&usp=sharing

This sounds awesome!  But just to clarify, this is open to any and all VGCers to add to?  What kind of stuff does this guy normally seem to have pass through his hands on a regular basis?

desocietas

« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2013, 11:24:01 am »

This sounds awesome!  But just to clarify, this is open to any and all VGCers to add to?  What kind of stuff does this guy normally seem to have pass through his hands on a regular basis?

Yup, totally open to anyone.  I figure this can act as a general list for any of us who might come across something in the wild.  Was a little hard for me to go through all the pages of this thread, so a google doc might be handy to keep it all together, sortable, and editable.

I figure if he can find anything on this list, I can pass it on to the forum folk.  I'm not sure what he comes across as he just mentioned it to me the other day briefly before needing to take off.  I asked if the stuff was older or not, and he says they definitely have Gamecube games if anything.  I have a feeling it might not be anything older than that generation of games, but maybe they have Playstation 1 stuff, too.  I just threw different platforms in there just in case they ever pop up.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2013, 01:53:10 pm »
Great idea. I added a few.

foxhack

« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2013, 02:29:07 pm »
Added the three items I've been looking for the most. There's no point in adding more because I have way too many wants.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2013, 05:06:14 am »
I know it's been a little while since anyone's posted in this thread, but would anyone have any idea where to find a copy of "Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories" for the PS3, specifically the English-Chinese or English-Korean version? I'm aware it's one of the rarest PS3 games out there, so price doesn't really matter to me, but just finding the darn thing is proving to be a real chore. Every site I go to seems to be sold out or only stocked with the Japanese version, which doesn't have English subtitles. The one copy I did find sold almost immediately after. I would prefer having the English-Chinese version (any excuse to practice my Chinese,) but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

While I'm here, I'm also looking for a rather obscure Japan-only PSX game called "... Iru!" (Written in hiragana as ”。。。いる!" and roughly translated as "... There!" or "... Something's here!") With its generic title, it's rather hard to find, especially on Japanese sites. I found a few copies on Amazon Japan, but seeing as I live in the U.S., I can't order it. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2013, 09:59:18 am »
Ever heard of it, Kimimi?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2013, 12:22:38 pm »
There's one on Taobao, it's 401CNY (about $64USD). There are a lot of Taobao proxy services out there that would buy it and ship it for you. Here's the link to the game - http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.201.FHGr4G&id=16275654231

If you want to order off Amazon Japan use this guy - http://www.otokichi.com/main/newotokichien/middlemanservce.htm

His website doesn't look great, but he's an honest and reliable middle man that isn't going to pull $30 "handling fees" out of thin air when it comes to postage time.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2013, 12:28:38 pm »
Never heard of that PS3 game - what kind of game is it?

I really like the cover-art & coloring of it!

Have you heard of/played the game, Kimimi?

« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2013, 12:31:41 pm »
I've played the PS2 game but not the new PS3 or Wii ones :/

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2013, 12:32:04 pm »
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/2012/11/blog-post_26.html

Found a review & some pics & info. on the game here...color me interested  8)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2013, 12:33:23 pm »
I've played the PS2 game but not the new PS3 or Wii ones :/

How were they - are any of them on your Blog?!

If so...link, please  ;D