Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 170869 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #180 on: February 25, 2013, 10:14:02 am »
Well, I think this is my first real preorder:

Brutal Legend with Soundtrack on Steam. I got it for slightly less than the asking price (about $16) so this game had better not suck. It comes out on the 26th.

I also got two virtual items with it. :p My heavy will rock that mullet like nobody ever will.

Ask soera about Brutal legend - I think he recently played through it with 1 of his kids...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #181 on: February 25, 2013, 10:34:02 am »
Its a really neat concept for a game. A lot of the creatures are as unique as it gets. Imagine a smaller version of an Elder Scrolls game gone heavy metal.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #182 on: February 25, 2013, 11:22:12 am »
Its a really neat concept for a game. A lot of the creatures are as unique as it gets. Imagine a smaller version of an Elder Scrolls game gone heavy metal.

How was the soundtrack for the game, soera?

Were there any stand-out (80's...or otherwise) metal hits or ballads on it?

soera

« Reply #183 on: February 25, 2013, 11:55:43 am »
Oh, some of the tracks that were on there were shocking. Children of Bodom is quite a bit more hardcore than alot of the stuff that the game was based around. Skeletonwitch is pretty unknown but not bad. A song I hadnt ever heard before from Static X popped up during playthrough and it took me back a minute. Had to pull up images of Wayne Static to show my stepson his crazy hairstyles. A lot of the music was new to me though. If you like metal at all, you should be pretty well covered with the all the songs on here.

foxhack

« Reply #184 on: February 25, 2013, 02:24:20 pm »
Imagine a smaller version of an Elder Scrolls game
... I'm going to hate this game, aren't I? I can't stand the Elder Scrolls games. :\

Dammit. :(

scott

« Reply #185 on: February 25, 2013, 02:24:36 pm »
Etrian Odyssey IV shipped this morning!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #186 on: February 25, 2013, 02:30:49 pm »
I dont exactly mean elder scrolls. I mean the way the world is wide open. Its the best representation of the world to me.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #187 on: February 25, 2013, 05:04:29 pm »
Etrian Odyssey IV shipped this morning!

Same!

« Reply #188 on: February 25, 2013, 06:26:13 pm »
Mine shipped too, and if I'm not mistaken, should be here tomorrow. Hooray Amazon Prime :)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #189 on: February 25, 2013, 06:32:35 pm »
Oh, some of the tracks that were on there were shocking. Children of Bodom is quite a bit more hardcore than alot of the stuff that the game was based around. Skeletonwitch is pretty unknown but not bad. A song I hadnt ever heard before from Static X popped up during playthrough and it took me back a minute. Had to pull up images of Wayne Static to show my stepson his crazy hairstyles. A lot of the music was new to me though. If you like metal at all, you should be pretty well covered with the all the songs on here.

I feel it should said that songs that might seem a little out of place when looking at the soundtrack (and by that I mean just a list of the songs featured in the game) like "Rock of Ages" work great in the events that are being play. Even bands I don't care for at all like Cradled of Filth and Dragonforce, when their songs came on in the story mode it worked perfectly. Also it should be mentioned that Peter McConnell did an amazing job with the OST.

jcalder8

« Reply #190 on: February 26, 2013, 12:15:00 am »
I have finally bought something that I have been wanting to buy for the last 3 years! I can't wait until it gets here :D
Also posted in the finds thread but it's worth updating this :)

« Reply #191 on: February 26, 2013, 06:18:03 am »
My PGM2 shipped! :D

« Reply #192 on: February 26, 2013, 10:41:43 am »

So awesome. Got any plans to pick up some of the Cave PCBs or maybe Demon Front?

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #193 on: February 26, 2013, 11:01:01 am »
NBA 2K13 is headed to my house.  My wife found it super cheap, so I'll be enjoying it pretty soon.

« Reply #194 on: February 26, 2013, 11:36:23 am »

So awesome. Got any plans to pick up some of the Cave PCBs or maybe Demon Front?

AFAIK only Dodonpachi Daioujou (and DDP: DOJ Tamashii?) got a PGM 2 release, and Demon Front is on PGM1 ;) I'm not that fussed about DDP - I don't mind buying the odd console port of it but *checks online* I'm not enough of a fan to spend $500+shipping for the arcade version. Demon Front's one I'll definitely pick up at some point as I already have a PGM1 motherboard, it's just a question of getting the money and finding one at a decent price!