Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 170475 times)

jcalder8

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #555 on: February 08, 2014, 12:14:30 pm »
I pre-ordered Tales of Symphonia CE way back in October and it's now about two weeks away!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #556 on: February 16, 2014, 11:24:52 am »
Just realized how soon the HD FFX & FFX-2 re-makes are coming out for the PS3 (pre-ordered the game itself last September) -and- I noticed that there's a *Really* pretty-looking strategy guide (for both games) that can also be pre-ordered for <$20 from Amazon...and so it is pre-ordered!

I've still got original Brady (I think?) guides for the original games, but:

A.  They're in tatters, and

B.  This new version is supposed to be coming with the "International Version" content that was never previously released - in the West, at least.

Really looking forward to re-playing these 2 games again...it's been long enough for me so it won't feel repetitive/'just did/played this' when I play 'em again  ;D

Anyone else getting/looking forward to playing these 2 games; either again...or for their 1st times?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #557 on: February 16, 2014, 12:08:29 pm »
Just realized how soon the HD FFX & FFX-2 re-makes are coming out for the PS3 (pre-ordered the game itself last September) -and- I noticed that there's a *Really* pretty-looking strategy guide (for both games) that can also be pre-ordered for <$20 from Amazon...and so it is pre-ordered!

I've still got original Brady (I think?) guides for the original games, but:

A.  They're in tatters, and

B.  This new version is supposed to be coming with the "International Version" content that was never previously released - in the West, at least.

Really looking forward to re-playing these 2 games again...it's been long enough for me so it won't feel repetitive/'just did/played this' when I play 'em again  ;D

Anyone else getting/looking forward to playing these 2 games; either again...or for their 1st times?!
I ordered this for my girlfriend as she's huge into FFX. I've never played X-2 so it'll be nice to try that for the first time. I also really didn't play X to it's full potential. I beat it in like a week on vacation once so I didn't do all the side quests. It'll be all new to me really!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #558 on: February 16, 2014, 01:29:19 pm »
FFX actually has my 2nd favorite mini-game of all time ("Blitzball") in it - my favorite being "Spheda" from the Dark Cloud(s) RPG's.

I've prolly spent as many hours playing Blitzball as I have the rest of the game.

FFX-2, however is a...different beast entirely!

In a "bad" way, (IMO) X-2's Blitzball wasn't as good/fun as it was in the original.

In the old "People like to talk shit" way...X-2 is "girly, emo, and too much JPOP"

Hell; it may be a little bit of ALL of those things -but- none of them takes anything away from

DAT "Dress-Sphere"!!!

"Dress-Sphere" = 'Combat system/mechanics' -and- it fucking rocks  ;D

scott

« Reply #559 on: February 16, 2014, 02:03:25 pm »
I tried, really tried to get into Blitzball and I just couldn't do it. I had a hard time with the mechanics and stats. In all I really do like FFX, the combat system in particular. I'd say it's my 4th most played Final Fantasy game.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #560 on: February 16, 2014, 02:04:46 pm »
I tried, really tried to get into Blitzball and I just couldn't do it. I had a hard time with the mechanics and stats. In all I really do like FFX, the combat system in particular. I'd say it's my 4th most played Final Fantasy game.

What's your top 3?

scott

« Reply #561 on: February 16, 2014, 02:13:16 pm »
It'd prolly look something like this.

1. VII
2. III (SNES) - VII beat it out due to the Golden Saucer and Chocobo racing (plus I've never actually beaten it)
3. IX
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

argyle

« Reply #562 on: February 19, 2014, 04:06:26 am »

I'm the same way - I've played through FFX 2.5 times (stopped half-way through my last playthrough because they announced the HD remake) and every time I tell myself this is going to be the time I get into Blitzball.  Hasn't happened yet.  I wonder if trophies will be enough to finally push me into it? 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

ffxik

« Reply #563 on: February 19, 2014, 04:39:07 am »
I don't remember Blitzball being in X-2.  I do however remember that basic math game called Sphere Break.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #564 on: February 19, 2014, 07:27:05 am »
I don't remember Blitzball being in X-2.  I do however remember that basic math game called Sphere Break.

Yeah.

You needed Sphere Break to get the Lady Luck Dress Sphere.

It *did* have Blitzball in it -but- it was more of a recruiting & training based (*boring*) kind of thing.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #565 on: February 20, 2014, 01:25:51 am »
Thinking of pre-ordering South Park: The Stick Of Truth considering there's additional pre-order bonuses at GameStop.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

argyle

« Reply #566 on: February 20, 2014, 04:51:21 pm »
I have more preorders, and specifically CE preorders, right now than I can remember ever having! 

In order of release:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles CE
Dark Souls II Black Armor Ed.
Final Fantasy X-X2 HD Collection CE
Final Fantasy X-X2 HD Collection - Vita
Deception IV: Blood Ties
The Witch & The Hundred Knight
Demon Gaze CE
Drakengard 3 CE (x2)
Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle

And I still plan on preordering Watch Dogs, Dying Light, Destiny and probably Wolfenstein.  That 20% discount from Best Buy's Gamer's Club Unlocked makes it harder to pass up games I want on day-1, especially when they combine that with a $10 credit-back preorder bonus.  Luckily, I've been selling a lot of unneeded/unwanted items on ebay lately so I've been able to cover everything so far with those profits. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

soera

« Reply #567 on: March 06, 2014, 10:26:10 am »
All right, another thread got me to thinking about something. Right now Im playing Bravely Default and at the end of the month Witch and the hundred knight comes out and Ill be playing that then. Once that is done, however, I have nothing else planned. I want something else to look forward to as well so I figured Id post here to see if anyone has anything they are waiting for that would fit my specifications.

First, must be an RPG. I dont ever hardly dabble in any gaming that doesnt take 100+ hours to beat the game. Just no fulfillment when its accomplished for me.

Second, gotta be on a non Microshaft system. It is what it is. I hate any form of Xbox system.

If you give a recommendation, I want to know why. For example, I want someone (Argyle, looking at you) to really sell me on FF X- X2 HD remake.

argyle

« Reply #568 on: March 06, 2014, 11:45:46 am »
Hrm, don't know that I can sell you on the remake, since I'm assuming you've played the original PS2 games.  If not, then by all means you should play it.  They are both amazing games - FFX is the full package, great story & fantastic gameplay.  FFX-2 has a much more "fluffy" story but it also has what is arguably the best battle system of any FF.  But if you've played them already, you know where you stand & you probably know if you want to play through them again w/ improved graphics/sound & a little extra content.

I *can* recommend some other RPGs I'm looking forward to tho.  :)

Demon Gaze - Upcoming Vita RPG, published by NISA, comes out on April 22.  First person dungeon crawler - think Etrian Odyssey - but it seems to have more of an anime/story bent to it.    I've heard that it's considered one of the best games for the system in Japan, so I'm looking forward to it.  Oh, and if you're a CE person, NIS is reporting less than 50% stock left on it and it's only $10 more than the standard edition.  Here's the first US trailer:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OduN5GzU1v0[/youtube]

Drakengard 3 - PS3 action-RPG, Square-Enix, releases May 20.  You're probably familiar with this one.  It's a very unique series - if you played Nier this gen, then that is part of the same universe.  I was very surprised to see this game get a sequel and even more shocked that it is being brought over here.  The only place to get a physical copy will be direct from Square's online store.  Here's a trailer for that:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfRu7z_MDOM[/youtube]

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - MMO-RPG, Square-Enix, releases April 14 for PS4, out now for PS3/PC.  Some people hate MMO's - if that's you, just disregard this.  ;)  I fall somewhere in the middle, I like them sometimes but I never get hardcore into them.  My wife and I played the PS4 beta together recently (yes, we're a 2-PS4 household...no kids = more toys for us :P ) and we really enjoyed it.  That combined with the fact that I hear there's a proper FF 60+ storyline to play through in the game has me very excited.  I'd also like to find some other people who play or who are planning to get the PS4 version.  :D  Again, trailer:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoWERpPz9ug[/youtube]

Fairy Fencer F - Turn-based RPG, NISA, release date TBA 2014.  Don't know a ton about this one other than it has a great pedigree and looks very interesting.  No release date yet, so probably won't be until the Fall.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMNr1vfp6Ok[/youtube]

There are some Western RPGs I'm looking forward to as well such as Witcher 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but those won't be out until the Fall at the earliest. 

Maybe something there will pique your interest!

soera

« Reply #569 on: March 06, 2014, 12:05:15 pm »
My issue with FFX is a long story. Basically, while you mentioned that you are in the middle of the road of MMOs, I was the extreme. I played Everquest for 11 years averaging almost 12 hours a day the entire 11 years and I played DDO for another 18 months or so with nearly the same daily amount of playtime. I tried to quit EQ many times. One of those times I went out and bought a PS2 (which has another weird story Ill mention in a moment) to try to find something else to play. Well, this was around the time FFX came out so I bought it and the guide and started to play it. After about 8 hours of mostly watching a stupid FMV and actually controlling anything for maybe 20 seconds at a time, I said fuck it and swore it off completely. I hear loads of stories of people adoring this game though and I really want to give it another try though to say for sure whether I just dont like the game or not. The funny thing with the PS2 is another game was available too. Everquest online adventures ... another damned MMO. I ended up buying a second PS2 and played 2 characters co-op for almost a year as well as Everquest so not only did the PS2 not break me from Everquest but it got me to play 2 MMOs at one time.

I am signed up at NISA and I looked into Demon Gaze thanks to Disgaeniac. I hadnt notice the other game you mentioned so Ill take a look at that one. I desperately want to play another MMO but its deadly for my homelife to do so. With Dragon Quest X possibly getting a Western release as well as Elder Scrolls online, Everquest Next and Diablo III Reaper upcoming soon, I have to fight the addiction bad lately. I want to also get into another WRPG. My last was Amalur and that was far and away the best one Ive ever experienced. I hated the fact that I ran out of stuff to do there. That is probably the reason Im so obsessive with MMOs is that there is always "something" to do.

Thanks for the input. Ill check these out and I want to hear more from others!