Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 171072 times)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #705 on: March 26, 2014, 01:35:16 am »
Sucks when that happens...
(I do have at least one DQ album pre-ripped, and if you are curious, I think I can link you to another album I ripped awhile back right now. Once I find the link.)
Also, some video game music from the past generation can be found on RPGamer.com.  I don't know if this helps out anyone but might as well post.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #706 on: March 26, 2014, 08:16:00 am »
Ya know we got those first world problems.

Indeed!

Like being able to cancel & back out of deals, commitments, agreements, etc; right?  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #707 on: March 26, 2014, 08:22:06 am »
Im waiting on a 2 day priority package ... except today was the 3rd day and the mail has already run and its not here.

My package is in Michigan now, I'm hoping it'll be on my doorstep today.

On the other hand, I'm on day 24 of shipping for another game. It got lost in the mail and returned to the sender and now they've had to reship it. fuuu
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

karyann

« Reply #708 on: March 26, 2014, 08:42:18 am »
My package is in Michigan now, I'm hoping it'll be on my doorstep today.

On the other hand, I'm on day 24 of shipping for another game. It got lost in the mail and returned to the sender and now they've had to reship it. fuuu

That sucks :( Hope it goes fast this time.

soera

« Reply #709 on: March 26, 2014, 09:12:40 am »

Indeed!

Like being able to cancel & back out of deals, commitments, agreements, etc; right?  :o

Hmmm, sounds bad right here.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #710 on: March 26, 2014, 10:01:49 am »

Indeed!

Meh; not necessarily "bad" (hence just making a comment instead of starting off a new user feedback thread for someone w/ a negative post) -but- moreso inconvenient, inconsiderate, and, IMO, in bad taste.

In a nutshell:

My 1st deal with Greg (Argyle) = he did his research, read my feedback here over the years, and (more than likely) talked to other long-time members about dealing with me ==> then, (as the "new guy" aka unknown quantity) offered to send to me 1st; which to me, makes sense & is just plain old "Netiquette" & the way things have always been done.

Then - Warmsignal (as a very new member to our community) requested that I set aside one of my Witch & the 100 Knight LE's...almost a month ago(?).

We even talked & agreed upon a price.

Then, yesterday, he seemed surprised that I wasn't going to just send it off to him in the mail -and- that (since he was so new) that I had the 'audacity' to actualy expect him to pay up front.

Lastly, "being surprised at the way I do business"...he just went & got it somewhere else  :o

Not the end of the world since I have other interested buyers + (like I said) - I'll give the benefit of the doubt by not "marking/making" his "Permanent Record" (read: User Feedback thread) here start off on such a bad note -but- I *did* feel it worthy & deserving of a comment to the other regulars here who will be reading this to keep in mind...

soera

« Reply #711 on: March 26, 2014, 10:07:37 am »
I dont disagree with the way you handled things. Sending first for someone with really unknown status is normal in most forums that I have been apart of.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #712 on: March 26, 2014, 11:22:18 am »
Sending first for someone with really unknown status is normal in most forums that I have been a part of.

Thanks bro -

it's always nice knowing/seeing that it isn't:

"just me"

;)

desocietas

« Reply #713 on: March 26, 2014, 07:01:49 pm »
Yeah, I agree with how things were handled.  Your feedback and info has been up and available (and super positive) for a while, and any of the regulars here could attest to your character.

I've totally been fine with paying upfront (the sooner the better), if the other person doesn't give me any pause.  I mean, looking at your posts, your info immediately to the left says you've posted over 3k times and are a pro supporter.  And then, if I look at your profile, you've been a member for almost two years.  This is even before I get to your user feedback! :P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #714 on: March 26, 2014, 07:48:54 pm »
Lenovo Y410 laptop (for my wife)
and a Asus external bluray burner (for my laptop since mine did not come with any drives)

argyle

« Reply #715 on: March 26, 2014, 10:53:27 pm »
I've done, like, A LOT of deals online.  :P  And I thought my deals w/ Kenny have been some of the smoothest I've been involved with.  And yeah, I always assume when I go to a new community that I'll be sending first until I get some feedback - aka goodwill/trust - built up with the community.  I have over 100 positive feedback on CAG, but what does that mean here?  Jack squat.  ;)

Anyway, I'm not trying to come down on anyone, just wanted to inject my .02 that Kenny is one of the friendliest, most upfront dudes on the 'net as far as I'm concerned and I thought our first transaction was not only per the standard but above & beyond in terms of communication, shipping speed & packaging and plain 'old friendliness.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

ffxik

« Reply #716 on: March 27, 2014, 02:00:29 am »

Indeed!

Meh; not necessarily "bad" (hence just making a comment instead of starting off a new user feedback thread for someone w/ a negative post) -but- moreso inconvenient, inconsiderate, and, IMO, in bad taste.

In a nutshell:

My 1st deal with Greg (Argyle) = he did his research, read my feedback here over the years, and (more than likely) talked to other long-time members about dealing with me ==> then, (as the "new guy" aka unknown quantity) offered to send to me 1st; which to me, makes sense & is just plain old "Netiquette" & the way things have always been done.

Then - Warmsignal (as a very new member to our community) requested that I set aside one of my Witch & the 100 Knight LE's...almost a month ago(?).

Then, yesterday, he seemed surprised that I wasn't going to just send it off to him in the mail -and- that (since he was so new) that I had the 'audacity' to actualy expect him to pay up front.

Lastly, "being surprised at the way I do business"...he just went & got it somewhere else  :o

Not the end of the world since I have other interested buyers + (like I said) - I'll give the benefit of the doubt by not "marking/making" his "Permanent Record" (read: User Feedback thread) here start off on such a bad note -but- I *did* feel it worthy & deserving of a comment to the other regulars here who will be reading this to keep in mind...

I thought that was standard.

I do things pretty much the way Ebay/Amazon do things.  I pay you, you send goods.  If I have a problem I will let you know. 

Warmsignal

« Reply #717 on: March 27, 2014, 05:01:09 am »

Indeed!

In a nutshell:

Hey, what happened to you reassuring me that no matter what I decided to do, you would not take it personally or be offended? Because it sounds like I did offend you! :-[ I also never made any such implications towards your dealings with words like audacity and such, I simply said that "I was not aware" of your dealing methods. That's honest. I wasn't aware you did cash only! (My mistake).

I think we are confused about my thoughts regarding etiquette - let me clear that up - I wasn't surprised about who should send first, because I expected to pay first! Like anyone else here, I've dealt many many times online and I am content with pay first, then receive! I was surprised about the request to send actual cash money through the mail. Just wasn't comfy with that idea, and wasn't expecting it. You even said to me that you knew I'd think it sounded weird! It wasn't that I don't trust you, I am just weary of putting cash money in the mail.

When I posted a want-to-buy thread for W&HN, you responded asked me if I wanted it - I said yes, in fact, I did. We agreed on a price. However, I did not think to ask (nor did you tell me) about any specific transaction methods before we settled that I wanted it and you would sell it to me for X amount. We didn't dot the i's and cross the t's properly.  :-\

I meant nothing personal by this very abrupt cancellation and felt reassured by Kenny that he felt the same way if I was uncomfortable sending cash. In hindsight, perhaps it was in poor taste to tell him that I had purchased it elsewhere, but know that this came after he told me he was okay with whatever I decided... I must apologize if this sounded spiteful. I was just excited to get the thing, and was pretty certain that the sale of Kenny's copy was directly in line for someone else if couldn't do the deal.

Just so that everyone knows from this point forward - I buy and sell online via PayPal only. Also, I will happily pay first, since I am new and I have no issue with that. I also have an irrefutable feedback score elsewhere for reference if needed. I only backed out this one time because the details were not ironed out before the time came to do the deal. I believe Kenny did use the word "cash" early in our initial talks, but that did not occur to me that he meant "cash money". I will take responsibility for this error. It happens, again, nothing personal and I apologize if I offended you Kenny.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 05:57:49 am by Warmsignal »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #718 on: March 27, 2014, 07:58:15 am »
I'm not offended or taking it personally - ask anyone who's been around here long enough to have seen me while offended or taking it personally ;)

Like I said, there's a reason that it's posted here.

Anyways, yeah - I definitely said cash when we agreed on the price.

Anything that I've ever sold (or bought) here has always been for cash through the mail & there's never been a problem w/ sending or receiving it.

I don't have any hard feelings, I guess that I was just disappointed because it's my 1st time here that something that was agreed upon didn't happen.

anruiukimi

« Reply #719 on: March 27, 2014, 09:52:59 am »

Anything that I've ever sold (or bought) here has always been for cash through the mail & there's never been a problem w/ sending or receiving it.

Not exactly on topic, but I never send cash through the mail, I had several rounds get pinched back in the day, and never again. That's what money order is for, because if it gets stolen, you have recourse. But if it's worked for you, keep on trucking. xD;