Author Topic: August 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 9442 times)

blipcs76

Re: August 2012 - Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2012, 10:15:59 am »
Below a table at an unassuming garage sale Saturday morning, I found a Sega Genesis model 1 system.  I asked if he had any games for it, which he didn't, but he asked if I just wanted it.  So he gave it to me for FREE, though I made him take a dollar for it.  It's pretty dirty, so I'm not sure if it works or not, but it has one of those Turbo Touch 360 controllers I always wanted to try out.

I haven't added any NES carts for awhile, so I went to my local retro game store and picked up the following cheapos:
-Gremlins 2
-Willow
-Total Recall
-Metal Mech
-Conquest of the Crystal Palace
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:18:31 am by blipcs76 »

atariboy

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2012, 03:09:27 pm »
This is what I picked up this weekend at local garage sales and Pawn shops.

Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

jobocan

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2012, 04:32:04 pm »
That controller looks completely weird. I can't imagine using it.

Oh, and I just picked up Ace Combat 6 on the 360... It was suggested to me as the last good Ace Combat game, before it got "Call of Duty-ized" by Event Horizon. It's the first time I'll be playing a game of the series, so I can't wait.

soera

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2012, 04:44:42 pm »
Those controllers are awesome. I have that one and one other (both sealed). I had the last pack (a double pack) that I got for father's day this year but it wasnt as described on Ebay so I had to return it. My kids were upset cause thats what they got me.

I got a new set of controllers today that I want to research before I mention exactly what they are. Ill post about em soon!

*EDIT* I am going to go ahead and mention the controllers. Its a prototype set of the limited edition Messiah wireless NES set. The controllers have never been used and also come with paperwork from Messiah saying the differences between the ones I have and the ones that actually were released. Im kind of excited to own them as its probably the most obscure item in my collection now. :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 05:01:44 pm by soera »

atariboy

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2012, 05:17:19 pm »
Ya, I don't know what the controller is from or what series or anything but it actually feels somewhat comfortable.
@soera I would love to get those type of controllers, that is pretty neat. I have a prototype Messiah NES so it would be cool to add something like that. Good find!
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

soera

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2012, 05:40:36 pm »
The controllers are made by Game Elements and called the Freak series. They made some for PS2 and some for Xbox/PC. Sadly one of the coolest ones (the dragon) was only released on the Xbox.

jobocan

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2012, 02:47:31 pm »
Just received Shatterhand on NES. It's one game I've been looking for for a while, but recently it's been going up in price quite a bit... But I found it online for its older price, yay.

I was also supposed to get Godzilla 2 on the NES from that order, but somehow they didn't have a copy left when my order went through, so they just credited my account on that website.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2012, 04:19:38 pm »
Was just browsing my local pawn-shop & picked up Max Payne 2 (PS2) pretty cheaply :)

Btw - that other game I saw a few of you talking about, "Hyldlide" (sp?)
is it at all rare or worth anything?

Just wondering 'cause they had it for $1.99 (game only)...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2012, 05:11:51 pm »
There is a Hydlide for NES, a Super Hydlide for Genesis and a Virtual Hydlide for Saturn. The NES one is pretty common. The Saturn one is probably a $15-20 game.

jobocan

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2012, 05:19:11 pm »
Hydlide (at least on NES) isn't rare, not worth much either.

It's definitely worth checking out just to see how bad it is though. Even when you understand how it works and how to play it properly... It's still not really good, but it's that special kind of bad you have to experience... Like Shaq Fu and Superman 64 and E.T. :P

scott

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2012, 12:07:17 am »
Hydlide (at least on NES) isn't rare, not worth much either.

It's definitely worth checking out just to see how bad it is though. Even when you understand how it works and how to play it properly... It's still not really good, but it's that special kind of bad you have to experience... Like Shaq Fu and Superman 64 and E.T. :P

Love me some Shaq-Fu.

I have Virtual Hydlide, but haven't attempted to play it yet. If I remember I got it pretty cheap to, I think less than the $15-20 range Soera mentioned. I did read up on it tho, and I guess it also is all kinds of bad. ha
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2012, 09:07:54 am »
Yeah, it was just the NES one.

pacpix

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2012, 07:13:48 pm »
I actually like Hydlide...  I have no idea why though ha.  Im thinking of getting a complete Hydlide collection just for fun.

edit: Also Hydlide II for the MSX showed up today.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

blipcs76

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2012, 10:51:36 am »
Just received Shatterhand on NES. It's one game I've been looking for for a while, but recently it's been going up in price quite a bit... But I found it online for its older price, yay.

I was also supposed to get Godzilla 2 on the NES from that order, but somehow they didn't have a copy left when my order went through, so they just credited my account on that website.

Shatterhand is a great and criminally overlooked gem in the NES library.  Feels a lot like Sunsoft's Batman IMO.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2012, 11:13:15 am »
First time I've gone to a worthwhile garage sale in ages :)

I just bought 8 games @ $1/each...some I'm familiar with and (the Genesis game) I know nothing about...but...it was 8 games for $8!!!

They are:

GENESIS:

TAZ In Escape From Mars C.I.B.

and...

PS1:

The X-Files C.I.B,
Resident Evil: Director's Cut *GH* C.I.B,
Final Fantasy VII *GH* C.I.B,
Final Fantasy VIII missing manual,
Final Fantasy IX missing manual,
Legend of Dragoon missing manual, and
Metal Gear Solid no manual

It's about time for some good luck!