Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1552461 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1455 on: February 03, 2014, 02:29:44 pm »
The real question is did anybody watch the Kitten Bowl?

That's my kind of sports! I'd watch this  :D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1456 on: February 03, 2014, 03:13:40 pm »
*Uses...

...every...

...last...

...bit...

...of...

*RESTRAINT*...

to NOT make a joke using a diferent word for cats/kittens  :-X
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

90snostalga

« Reply #1457 on: February 03, 2014, 05:05:08 pm »
Im not sure how many people are interested in SMS but I am in the process of actually proving the release of a game in the US that has been otherwise marked as EU only. I have been trying to prove the US existence of this game for months and I recently found something to back up my story. Its actually 2 games but so far, the second one is being difficult.

I would like to know your findings, Soera.   That would be very interesting.  Didn't Sega release an official US release list tho'?  May I ask how are you doing all this or you going to tell us about the investigation after you get both findings?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1458 on: February 03, 2014, 08:06:13 pm »
Sooooo...

...I was in an "80's / Hair-Metal" kind of mood today & brought & listened to Skid Row's "Slave to the Grind" CD with me while driving around on some errands -and-

Maaaaan!

Sebastian Bach is *THE* fucking man when it comes to Metal singers!

You can hear it the best/most (I think) on "In a Darkened Room & Wasted Time".

Best/strongest/most talented metal singer...EVAR?!

Indeed he is a great. It's a shame he started the band pretty much exactly when the entire genre was collapsing.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1459 on: February 04, 2014, 09:08:30 am »
Sooooo...

...I was in an "80's / Hair-Metal" kind of mood today & brought & listened to Skid Row's "Slave to the Grind" CD with me while driving around on some errands -and-

Maaaaan!

Sebastian Bach is *THE* fucking man when it comes to Metal singers!

You can hear it the best/most (I think) on "In a Darkened Room & Wasted Time".

Best/strongest/most talented metal singer...EVAR?!

Indeed he is a great. It's a shame he started the band pretty much exactly when the entire genre was collapsing.

True.

It did, however, open the door to a broadway career for him -and- he has since put out several solo albums (of which, I only own one; so far:)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1460 on: February 04, 2014, 12:13:46 pm »
I got to work this morning just in time to get sent home because of ice. So, I'm bored. I'm going to be checking the site every little bit. So, it's up to you to keep me entertained.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1461 on: February 04, 2014, 12:23:57 pm »
I got to work this morning just in time to get sent home because of ice. So, I'm bored. I'm going to be checking the site every little bit. So, it's up to you to keep me entertained.

Play some of those 1,700+ games, dammit  ;)

soera

« Reply #1462 on: February 04, 2014, 12:37:04 pm »
Im not sure how many people are interested in SMS but I am in the process of actually proving the release of a game in the US that has been otherwise marked as EU only. I have been trying to prove the US existence of this game for months and I recently found something to back up my story. Its actually 2 games but so far, the second one is being difficult.

I would like to know your findings, Soera.   That would be very interesting.  Didn't Sega release an official US release list tho'?  May I ask how are you doing all this or you going to tell us about the investigation after you get both findings?

Im not trying to keep everything quiet. Here is the story. When I was a teen, I bought two games at Toys R Us brand new. Ultima IV and Basketball nightmare. These games had Vidpro cards on the shelf just like all the other games. Ive been trying to prove that these games were released here to get them on the Sega Age US release list. Well, one of the guys on Sega8bit.com found an article doing a review of Ultima and a release date of 3/1/90. Also found another magazine that did a review of Ultima too. Basketball nightmare I havent found much on other than the game was supposed to be released as Nightmare basketball.

karyann

« Reply #1463 on: February 04, 2014, 01:58:26 pm »
Soera, your avatar reminds me that I'm about 2 hours in Ni No Kuni now, and... man, Mitey's just so cute! Dem little horns and little sword and little shield and little cape and little victory pose are just adorable.

soera

« Reply #1464 on: February 04, 2014, 02:05:49 pm »
Mitey is awesome. He was far and away my favorite familiar on the game.

Going to answer the other question here to get it off the game room thread.

Going to watch the video after I post this reply. Kenny, I played Torneko. It doesnt have an RPG feel. Its more like a solo dungeon crawler action game. It didnt hold my attention past a few hours.

Thanks.

Yeah, I'd heard that it was more of a roguelike than the rest of the series.

What's up with DQ VII?

I've got it for the PS1 -and- I've heard very...'mixed' things about it.
So what's it got going for it (in "goods" & "bads")?

Also...if I'm going to play it - should I just go ahead & play the PS1 version?

I'm only asking that, because - weren't there rumors(?) about a re-make of it coming out on a more modern system?

Feel free to answer in the VGAnonymous/general thread so we can stop hi-jacking this one  ;)

DQ VII is awesome. Its already been released in JP as a 3DS game. There is speculation that its going to make it here but so far, there has not been a single inkling of proof. I think the part that people do not like about it is the fact that its incredibly long. You could probably rack up 125 hours and not have done everything yet. I love the traveling you can do in the game and the quirkiness of some of the characters. Its a tough game to figure out which continent to go next without a walkthrough so dont feel too bad if you have to use one.

scott

« Reply #1465 on: February 04, 2014, 02:13:19 pm »
Soera, your avatar reminds me that I'm about 2 hours in Ni No Kuni now, and... man, Mitey's just so cute! Dem little horns and little sword and little shield and little cape and little victory pose are just adorable.

Did you feed him Chocolate yet? If not, prepare to die from cuteness overload.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #1466 on: February 04, 2014, 02:14:58 pm »
LOL his laugh. Yeah my kids used to get excited when I would feed him.

scott

« Reply #1467 on: February 04, 2014, 02:16:33 pm »
Going to watch the video after I post this reply. Kenny, I played Torneko. It doesnt have an RPG feel. Its more like a solo dungeon crawler action game. It didnt hold my attention past a few hours.

Thanks.

Yeah, I'd heard that it was more of a roguelike than the rest of the series.

What's up with DQ VII?

I've got it for the PS1 -and- I've heard very...'mixed' things about it.
So what's it got going for it (in "goods" & "bads")?

Also...if I'm going to play it - should I just go ahead & play the PS1 version?

I'm only asking that, because - weren't there rumors(?) about a re-make of it coming out on a more modern system?

Feel free to answer in the VGAnonymous/general thread so we can stop hi-jacking this one  ;)

DQ VII is awesome. Its already been released in JP as a 3DS game. There is speculation that its going to make it here but so far, there has not been a single inkling of proof. I think the part that people do not like about it is the fact that its incredibly long. You could probably rack up 125 hours and not have done everything yet. I love the traveling you can do in the game and the quirkiness of some of the characters. Its a tough game to figure out which continent to go next without a walkthrough so dont feel too bad if you have to use one.

I still need to start a serious game in Dragon Warrior VII. Soera put in a lot of effort to get me a copy for a great price and haven't given it the time it deserves... I might start it up after I finish Dragon Quest V.

90snostalga

« Reply #1468 on: February 04, 2014, 04:38:30 pm »

Are you not entertained???!!

How about you send me a selfie?

scott

« Reply #1469 on: February 04, 2014, 04:48:06 pm »
Mitey LOVES Chocolate!