Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1601456 times)

foxhack

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1590 on: February 12, 2014, 09:52:56 pm »
The 80's were a special time.
Comico was a very special comic book publisher.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1591 on: February 13, 2014, 12:15:28 am »
Comico was a very special comic book publisher.

I don't know much about Comico. All I ever had by them were some Johnny Quest comics. They were alright, but nothing special.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1592 on: February 13, 2014, 03:31:34 am »

Definitely agree.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

scott

« Reply #1593 on: February 13, 2014, 04:44:49 pm »
Ugh, deciding on a graphics card for my PC is annoying. I'm going to use part of my return for it, so I can get back to graphics stuff and desktop gaming. But there are way too many out there.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

90snostalga

« Reply #1594 on: February 13, 2014, 05:09:42 pm »
Ugh, deciding on a graphics card for my PC is annoying. I'm going to use part of my return for it, so I can get back to graphics stuff and desktop gaming. But there are way too many out there.

You are not lying Scott.  I wanted a desktop gaming pc for gaming to custom build, then I wanted that NES one, scratched that, then a gaming laptop, but its so hard to pick something that i will think is perfect for me.  I cannot make up my mind for nothing.  Well, Keep us updated if you can on what you do decide

foxhack

« Reply #1595 on: February 13, 2014, 05:34:46 pm »
I picked up a generic SNES / NES / Genesis AC Adapter to try out the SNES I got the other week. I realized that I didn't have a game to test it with (I only have a SFC game handy) so I dug up a box where I stored my copy of Final Fantasy III from years and years ago. I remembered having Final Fight stored along with FFIII, I didn't want to risk damaging my FFIII endgame.

So imagine my surprise when I didn't find Final Fight in there.

I found Zelda III. Dusty, but still complete in box.

I stick the cart into the system, turn in on, and it works. The polygon Triforce pieces from the intro don't look right - no doubt because of voltage issues on the power supply - but I play a bit of the game and boom, it's working. I'm incredibly surprised to find the game there. I thought I'd sold it years ago when I had to sell off my SNES and most of my collection to fund a trip that I ended up regretting some time later.

Yeah. Wow...

soera

« Reply #1596 on: February 13, 2014, 10:02:24 pm »
Excellent investigation Soera  :)  Sounds like you will achieve the mission for both games.  Keep us up to date  ;)

Here are the pics I have of the reviews for Ultima IV

One more photo for my file directly from Sega Visions issue 1

karyann

« Reply #1597 on: February 14, 2014, 10:19:09 am »
I picked up a generic SNES / NES / Genesis AC Adapter to try out the SNES I got the other week. I realized that I didn't have a game to test it with (I only have a SFC game handy) so I dug up a box where I stored my copy of Final Fantasy III from years and years ago. I remembered having Final Fight stored along with FFIII, I didn't want to risk damaging my FFIII endgame.

So imagine my surprise when I didn't find Final Fight in there.

I found Zelda III. Dusty, but still complete in box.

I stick the cart into the system, turn in on, and it works. The polygon Triforce pieces from the intro don't look right - no doubt because of voltage issues on the power supply - but I play a bit of the game and boom, it's working. I'm incredibly surprised to find the game there. I thought I'd sold it years ago when I had to sell off my SNES and most of my collection to fund a trip that I ended up regretting some time later.

Yeah. Wow...

Haha, I love these kinds of surprises as much as I hate them. I prefer to know what stuff I have and where it is, but when I find something that I'm happy I still have, it's a better experience, obviously :P

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1598 on: February 14, 2014, 10:24:27 am »
I wish my SMS collection looked like the last magazine scan. All pristine and amazing. For some reason I have found a lot of soiled SMS games out in the wild. Normally the only nice copies I get have to be from Peebay.

I have never seen a SMS gun with the red tip like that. Was that altered late in the system's life span?
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

soera

« Reply #1599 on: February 14, 2014, 01:15:31 pm »
I noticed that phaser red tip myself ... did you notice something else about the boxes? None of them have hang tabs. :)

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1600 on: February 14, 2014, 02:35:16 pm »
I noticed that phaser red tip myself ... did you notice something else about the boxes? None of them have hang tabs. :)

I didn't even notice that!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1601 on: February 14, 2014, 02:49:50 pm »

scott

« Reply #1602 on: February 14, 2014, 09:02:23 pm »
Apparently, my GF is hooked on Skyrim. Not playing it, but watching me play it. Since I've started it up again, I was showing her a few things in it (like the dragons) and now instead of watching movies at night she suggests "Do you wanna play Skyrim".

For someone who's breadth of gaming knowledge only includes newer Mario games. It really surprises me that she'd be interested in this one. haha

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1603 on: February 14, 2014, 11:29:14 pm »
Apparently, my GF is hooked on Skyrim. Not playing it, but watching me play it. Since I've started it up again, I was showing her a few things in it (like the dragons) and now instead of watching movies at night she suggests "Do you wanna play Skyrim".

For someone who's breadth of gaming knowledge only includes newer Mario games. It really surprises me that she'd be interested in this one. haha

That is pretty funny. When my wife and I were first married she would sit and watch me play Final Fantasy VII. She never has watched me play anything since then.

scott

« Reply #1604 on: February 14, 2014, 11:37:22 pm »
Ha ya. I she was texting me earlier asking what I was doing and I said I was playing Skyrim. Then she went on to ask me if I had done X thing yet or if I got the item I was looking for the last time she was watching me play.