Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1601530 times)

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1605 on: February 15, 2014, 12:25:10 am »
Oh my god Scott, that's so cute of you two! ;D

...happy valentine's day to me  :-[

foxhack

« Reply #1606 on: February 15, 2014, 05:00:36 pm »
Clueless buyers on eBay piss me off.

I list a computer program for sale. I say it's designed for older PCs so it might not even work on modern computers.

Someone buys it and a day after he gets it he asks how to get this to work on Windows 8.

ARGH.

karyann

« Reply #1607 on: February 15, 2014, 08:22:10 pm »

I list a computer program for sale. I say it's designed for older PCs so it might not even work on modern computers.

Someone buys it and a day after he gets it he asks how to get this to work on Windows 8.

ARGH.

And I guess he'll leave you bad feedback saying how it's your fault that it won't work  :-\ People seem to become less and less able to read, it's crazy.

I don't remember in which thread I mentioned writing to Nintendo about my NNID, but I got an answer telling me to call them. And now, after calling, I can confirm: Nintendo now CAN transfer NNIDs from a Wii U to another! However, the process will completely destroy any other NNID existing on the receiving console.* The process takes 2-3 business days, so I should have my NNID back by Wednesday. I can finally play my Virtual Console games, and I'll be able to link my 3DS too once the transfer is complete! I can't wait to transfer my shiny trapinch with the Pokébank and train him  ;D

*I just transferred my account, and the other one wasn't destroyed at all! I guess the guy played it safe just in case something went wrong. But everything went perfectly!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 06:46:15 pm by karyann »

bobster

« Reply #1608 on: February 15, 2014, 08:28:42 pm »

ARGH.

And I guess he'll leave you bad feedback saying how it's your fault that it won't work  :-\ People seem to become less and less able to read, it's crazy.

I don't remember in which thread I mentioned writing to Nintendo about my NNID, but I got an answer telling me to call them. And now, after calling, I can confirm: Nintendo now CAN transfer NNIDs from a Wii U to another! However, the process will completely destroy any other NNID existing on the receiving console. The process takes 2-3 business days, so I should have my NNID back by Wednesday. I can finally play my Virtual Console games, and I'll be able to link my 3DS too once the transfer is complete! I can't wait to transfer my shiny trapinch with the Pokébank and train him  ;D
Grats Karyann! Any reason you can't tie your 3ds to it right now?
Currently Playing: The Witcher

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1609 on: February 15, 2014, 08:35:05 pm »
I had my mind blown this afternoon. I went in a brand new store that just opened up in Little Rock. It was a place that rented Blu Rays/DVDs and games. What a concept!

I thought it was an entertainment type store, but it was a rental place. It really blew my hair back. Do the owners hate making money?  Did they go into a coma in 1988 and just wake up?  Weird.

scott

« Reply #1610 on: February 15, 2014, 08:42:24 pm »
There was a comic book shop by me that was fully into comics and renting movies/games. I bought my comics there cause I wanted to help the guy succeed, but eventually it went out too. It's a shame, you see a guy who has a passion for something and then you see it wilt away around him.

One of the reasons why my dream record/cd shop would never happen. Because I don't see it being sustainable.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

karyann

« Reply #1611 on: February 15, 2014, 10:04:07 pm »

The guy said it was better to wait until the transfer was fully complete, because the original Wii U has 2 accounts tied to it, and I wanted to transfer only one. He said it was a trickier process than simply transferring everything, so I'd better not mess with anything NNID related until they were done switching things around. And since I'm happy to finally have access to my NNID again (been waiting since July), I don't want to risk it  :P

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1612 on: February 15, 2014, 10:14:14 pm »
Sad but true...  The times, they are a-changin'.

I remember opening CDs bought by my family to look at the inserts and see behind-the-scenes or intimate photos of band members or artists.  While others contained song lyrics.  Never had any experience with records but I do hear that the music file is much more crisp compared to CD.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

bobster

« Reply #1613 on: February 15, 2014, 10:40:54 pm »

The guy said it was better to wait until the transfer was fully complete, because the original Wii U has 2 accounts tied to it, and I wanted to transfer only one. He said it was a trickier process than simply transferring everything, so I'd better not mess with anything NNID related until they were done switching things around. And since I'm happy to finally have access to my NNID again (been waiting since July), I don't want to risk it  :P
Fair enough! better safe than sorry.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1614 on: February 16, 2014, 12:14:09 am »
I had my mind blown this afternoon. I went in a brand new store that just opened up in Little Rock. It was a place that rented Blu Rays/DVDs and games. What a concept!

I thought it was an entertainment type store, but it was a rental place. It really blew my hair back. Do the owners hate making money?  Did they go into a coma in 1988 and just wake up?  Weird.

I'll contact the owner and ask if he wants in on the ground floor for a product that allows people to receive numeric messages on a device they wear on their belt. They can be "paged" wherever they are. Might end up calling the device a pager.

They are going to make a fortune selling these things.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1615 on: February 16, 2014, 07:20:04 am »
The 80's were a special time.

They were indeed!

Then again...if you can *Remember* the 80's...ya' did them wrong  ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 07:23:09 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1616 on: February 16, 2014, 12:00:45 pm »
Thought that only applies to the '70s.  Then again...   :o

Please check out the games I have for sale.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1617 on: February 16, 2014, 12:03:54 pm »

70's was just a long, drawn-out warmup for the 80's  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1618 on: February 16, 2014, 12:08:14 pm »

70's was just a long, drawn-out warmup for the 80's  ;)

I always said the 80's were a 10 year hangover from the 70's.  To be honest though, I don't fully understand anything until the 00's.  I was a kid in the 80's, a teenager in the 90's, and a twinkle in my daddy's eye in the 70's

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1619 on: February 16, 2014, 12:18:25 pm »
the 80's were a different kind of special. no further proof needed than looking at the first Poison album cover