Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1549879 times)

doafan

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #14145 on: January 31, 2018, 07:21:14 pm »
Y'all have been really quiet the last couple of days.  How've y'all been?

Not that much, have been working as usual even when right now we have a lot of problems at the office, this because a fucking virus has infectet at least the 90% of the equipments but since they don't want to pay for the extra time (in fact I have the stupid idea that they don't know what that extra time/payment means) I'll not gonna stay more time than usual, they want to pay my work with free time/days but the main problem with this is that they want to decide when can I take those free days, dunno how things work in other countries but here in Mexico this is pretty common, honestly totally dislike it cause with free time I can't paid the bills  >:(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

rayne315

« Reply #14146 on: January 31, 2018, 07:31:00 pm »
Y'all have been really quiet the last couple of days.  How've y'all been?

Not that much, have been working as usual even when right now we have a lot of problems at the office, this because a fucking virus has infectet at least the 90% of the equipments but since they don't want to pay for the extra time (in fact I have the stupid idea that they don't know what that extra time/payment means) I'll not gonna stay more time than usual, they want to pay my work with free time/days but the main problem with this is that they want to decide when can I take those free days, dunno how things work in other countries but here in Mexico this is pretty common, honestly totally dislike it cause with free time I can't paid the bills  >:(

I feel you man. my office is sitting at 80% in other words 1/5 people have been out all week. in America it really depends on your employer. mine gives us a additional week of vacation on start but we have no sick time (we are expected to use personal vacation days for every day we are sick). im also allowed to make up time if I am sick throughout the week (I can work over 8 hours a day to make up for an absence)

Me I just got my collection organized enough to post in the collections thread. I just need to transfer the pictures from my phone to my computer when I get home.

PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

« Reply #14147 on: January 31, 2018, 07:57:28 pm »
The same could be said about retro gaming: Why not just emulate?

It offers a crapload of stuff that never made it to DVD. VHS brought an explosion of media along with it, just so much it.

And then there's the nostalgic attachment. Having that original artwork (which VHS had way cooler, inviting artwork), seeing those old school trailers, and experiencing it as you had as a kid.

I wasnt meaning the availability. I guess for me when it comes to movies or music, I prefer the instant option. If I want to find a certain scene in a movie, I just click it. Same with songs on CD.

And as far as NES/SNES vs PS4, I think my answer is obvious. :P

doafan

« Reply #14148 on: January 31, 2018, 08:17:11 pm »
in America it really depends on your employer. mine gives us a additional week of vacation on start but we have no sick time (we are expected to use personal vacation days for every day we are sick). im also allowed to make up time if I am sick throughout the week (I can work over 8 hours a day to make up for an absence)

That sucks, in my country I can go to the hospital and if the doctor says that am not capable of work for some days thay have to respect the inability and still pay my complete salary without having to touch any of my vacations days, neither am obligated to recover the lost time, speaking of vacations they still haven't approved my vacations of this past 2017 neither the ones of this 2018, they owe me right now 25 days, the problem is not only that I can't take these days also that some employers approve that the workers can work at their vacations and they are obligated by law to pay the twice but they don't want to pay me this, they want me to work those days for the same ammount, am not stupid, at least not enough to work for free, the problem started when some people around here started to came to the office at 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM Monday to Friday, dunno what the hell is wrong with that people.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #14149 on: January 31, 2018, 10:31:21 pm »
Anyone hear about the news of Nintendo partnering with Illumination to make a Mario movie?

« Reply #14150 on: February 01, 2018, 02:15:22 am »
I'm opening up more to Sea of Thieves, mostly because I want to sail around blaring Alestorm lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDANxp31V-Q

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14151 on: February 01, 2018, 09:14:26 am »
Anyone hear about the news of Nintendo partnering with Illumination to make a Mario movie?

That's the bunch that made "Despicable Me", right?  That seems like a good fit.  Personally, I think they just need to leave Mario in video games.  It's cartoon enough as it is.

« Reply #14152 on: February 01, 2018, 09:56:38 am »
Wooooheeee

Cat got sick throwing up like crazy.  Had to have surgery.  Cost like $1,500.  Cats got a giant incision down her stomach.  She's pretty miserable.

Missed work because of this.  Got to work today and found out that our biggest application (so I thought), is getting shut down in a few months.  3 Devs + other folks without a job.  But another app that only has 2 devs is getting expanded to 8-10 devs for 2 years for a conversion.  So some folks might keep their job and move over, but that's only 2 years of job security.  My app is seemingly unaffected, but I need to chat with my boss about what I missed.

ysssk

« Reply #14153 on: February 01, 2018, 05:56:05 pm »
I am pretty Stoked. After years of trying (and failing) it looks like i will be getting together with a bunch of friends that i have not seen ll at once since... The early 90's??   
I'm sure you all had a "Group" like this, a close circle of friends you hung out with as a group all the time.
The years separated us, but now we have a day we are going to get together, play video games, Drink, and Play an old school RPG game.
if it goes well, we plan on making it a regular thing, same day every month.
After skyping all together for hours, we decided a get-together is way overdue.
It's been too long. Most of us forgot who we used to be, but getting as all together reminded us of ourselves.
We all pretty much adopted the Significant others opinions be damned, we WILL be having our friends again.
We used to call ourselves "The Committee" when we were all together, it was a certain, energy, like we were all somehow greater when together.
We all eve had a color thing, a color we all seemed to wear, that grew into nicknames.
Me Mr Black
Dan Mr Blue
Chuck Mr Green
Chris Mr Red
Jason Mr White.

It feels good to me Mr. Black again, putting on my black trenchcoat, slicking back my hair, putting on my shades and meeting up with the Committee meeting soon.
 8)
The Smiling Bandit Strikes again HAHAHAHAHA

« Reply #14154 on: February 02, 2018, 07:13:53 am »
Monster Hunter World has confirmed my hate for fighting Nergigante lol He's just the worst to fight compared to everything else.  I know I can beat him, but it's still doesn't make the fight fun.  His dive bomb is some frustrating garbage to.

Also Bazelgeuse can screw right off.  I still haven't properly fought him in a quest, but I've had him show up randomly to so many fights just to be obnoxious as hell.  My last fight against a creature at the last area in the game, I had Bazel show up while I was fighting him, along with a Rathalos.  As badass as it is, when multiple monsters show up, it's really annoying when I only need to kill one lol

soera

« Reply #14155 on: February 02, 2018, 07:33:55 am »
Monster hunter stuff

So .. I installed the game and made a character. But you seem to be playing it a lot. Does the game have a lot for solo content? If Im going to need to group up with people all the time to do stuff, Ill just play Summon night 6 instead.

desocietas

« Reply #14156 on: February 02, 2018, 01:09:15 pm »
Monster hunter stuff

So .. I installed the game and made a character. But you seem to be playing it a lot. Does the game have a lot for solo content? If Im going to need to group up with people all the time to do stuff, Ill just play Summon night 6 instead.

You can play the whole game solo. Multiplayer is just there for most of the content if you want it but it's not required at a all.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #14157 on: February 02, 2018, 01:53:16 pm »
Alright cool. I like multiplayer but sometimes I just want to kick some ass alone. I mean I did ESO solo through the entire game and pretty much soloed my entire way through Neverwinter.

« Reply #14158 on: February 02, 2018, 04:57:36 pm »
Yeah I've played for 60 hours without any multiplayer so far.  Multiplayer is just there for people that really want that experience for the challenge, which isn't too big of a deal for me since I don't have a solid crew of good friends I want to play with, which is usually what I require most of the time in co-op games like this.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14159 on: February 02, 2018, 09:22:32 pm »
I had an interesting conversation with a thrift store owner today:

I was looking for some VHS. He had some. So I ask him how much they were. He says, $3...$4...maybe $5. So already I can tell he's looking to take me for a ride, but I keep it to myself and keep looking around.

I find some old Fangoria magazines. I ask him how much they are, he says they're marked on the back. So I look: $8.95 and $9.95...no freaking way am I paying that for some old magazines. So I politely say no thanks, and put them back. He asks me, "What's the problem? Too pricey?" I say, "Yeah, a little." He asks me, "How much were you thinking?" I say, "Honestly, I thought you were going to say a $1 or $2." He says, "Well then I wouldn't make a profit. That's the price they go for on eBay." So I respond with the obvious, "Then I can just go to eBay." He replies with, "Yeah, so you can just sit there and do nothing and get what you want on your little computer." At that point, I'm a little dumbfounded and I say, "Yeah, exactly, why would I bother with going to thrift shop after thrift shop if I can get it for the same price by doing nothing, like you said." He says, "You can help your fellow neighbor out." At that point I just say thanks, and walk out. He's still ranting about something as I'm walking out, but I can't make out what he's saying anymore.

Just, wow. I mean, I can understand trying to make as much profit as possible, but to try and shame your customers because they don't want to pay full price is pretty outrageous.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 04:08:52 am by burningdoom »