Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1602729 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #465 on: March 26, 2013, 07:19:51 pm »
Hello again guys!  Back after a brief absence.  I do that, though: I'm active for a bit and then disappear for short periods of time.  Not to worry, I always wander back at some point.  :)

Welcome back!  Now back to talking about me  8) ;)

nice.

I can't wait to see how many people you street pass in Japan. :P

Right?  It sucks that the regular model of the 3DS has such crappy battery life... :(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #466 on: March 26, 2013, 07:51:29 pm »
Really? My battery lasts a long time on my 3DS?

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

ko1ru

« Reply #467 on: March 26, 2013, 08:04:16 pm »
Hello again guys!  Back after a brief absence.  I do that, though: I'm active for a bit and then disappear for short periods of time.  Not to worry, I always wander back at some point.  :)

Welcome back!  Now back to talking about me  8) ;)

::)  ;D

Y'all been busy up in her' over the past few weeks... I'll have to catch up on the bulk of it tomorrow.  I also have a stack of strategy guides I'm selling that I'll be posting as well.

desocietas

« Reply #468 on: March 27, 2013, 01:25:13 am »

Compared to the DS lite, the 3DS battery is terrible.  My DS would last for weeks on sleep mode.  My 3DS can't last two days on sleep mode.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #469 on: March 27, 2013, 01:49:14 am »
Hm, looks like I have an extra pass for the GDC/IGF awards tomorrow night... anyone live in the area?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #470 on: March 27, 2013, 08:55:19 am »
Not to worry, I always wander back at some point.  :)

Make sure that you continue to do so  ;)

Also, interested in seeing your list 'o' guides :)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #471 on: March 27, 2013, 09:09:01 am »

Compared to the DS lite, the 3DS battery is terrible.  My DS would last for weeks on sleep mode.  My 3DS can't last two days on sleep mode.

Ah true. I noticed that too. Of course, I also forgot that the DS Lite had a marathon long battery.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #472 on: March 27, 2013, 09:11:17 am »
Holy Shit!

This thread is closing-in on 500 posts...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #473 on: March 28, 2013, 12:26:19 am »
I'm still sitting backstage at the GDC awards and enjoyed seeing the premiere of the trailer for Broken Age.  Saw a few folks I recognized from the DoubleFine documentary and had this old man sit next to me.  That, in itself, wouldn't bother me, but he was doing that old man thing of coughing without covering his mouth and falling asleep continuously throughout the show.  ...Not really sure why he was there, honestly.

Add-on: I almost forgot to add that there were some good Mega64 stuff that will probably be put up online pretty soon.  One was a very direct jab (or punch to the gut) to Gamestop.  I felt a little bad because I do go to Gamestop a lot, but I felt even worse because I walked over to my local GS today to offer my other GDC badge to any of the employees who wanted it.  One took it, and I wonder if he made it to the show and, if he did, how he felt when that bit was played...  Good thing the GS manager didn't take me up on the badge offer  ::)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:29:12 am by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #474 on: March 29, 2013, 07:02:17 pm »
So my town turned down putting a Dave & Busters here. WTF?! I'd LOVE a barcade in this town. And I don't understand the big deal. We already have a ton of bars, and we have an arcade that just recently opened up with pool tables. So what's the big freaking deal about combing the 2 into 1?!

jcalder8

« Reply #475 on: March 29, 2013, 07:07:48 pm »
I'm still sitting backstage at the GDC awards and enjoyed seeing the premiere of the trailer for Broken Age.  Saw a few folks I recognized from the DoubleFine documentary and had this old man sit next to me.  That, in itself, wouldn't bother me, but he was doing that old man thing of coughing without covering his mouth and falling asleep continuously throughout the show.  ...Not really sure why he was there, honestly.

Add-on: I almost forgot to add that there were some good Mega64 stuff that will probably be put up online pretty soon.  One was a very direct jab (or punch to the gut) to Gamestop.  I felt a little bad because I do go to Gamestop a lot, but I felt even worse because I walked over to my local GS today to offer my other GDC badge to any of the employees who wanted it.  One took it, and I wonder if he made it to the show and, if he did, how he felt when that bit was played...  Good thing the GS manager didn't take me up on the badge offer  ::)
So how many people did you get with Streetpass?

scott

« Reply #476 on: March 29, 2013, 07:55:01 pm »
So my town turned down putting a Dave & Busters here. WTF?! I'd LOVE a barcade in this town. And I don't understand the big deal. We already have a ton of bars, and we have an arcade that just recently opened up with pool tables. So what's the big freaking deal about combing the 2 into 1?!

I would love a Dave & Busters around here. Unfortunately I'm not sure there would be the draw to make it profitable... maybe. We do have a couple colleges in the area, maybe it would get all the students to go there.

scott

« Reply #477 on: March 30, 2013, 12:32:54 am »
After a week of worrying about if I was going to get this grant to cover my down payment on my house, or not. I found out today that we got the paperwork in under the wire and I don't have to come up with $3500 for the down payment on my house!

The bank guy also told me that the paperwork is going to pre-closing on Monday and then once that's all set He'll be able to give me a closing date! woot!

jcalder8

« Reply #478 on: March 30, 2013, 01:48:52 am »
After a week of worrying about if I was going to get this grant to cover my down payment on my house, or not. I found out today that we got the paperwork in under the wire and I don't have to come up with $3500 for the down payment on my house!

The bank guy also told me that the paperwork is going to pre-closing on Monday and then once that's all set He'll be able to give me a closing date! woot!
Great news Scott! I hope you have a room picked out for your gaming stuff!

soera

« Reply #479 on: March 30, 2013, 10:15:40 am »
Awesome news Scott. Now you can give me back the $3500 I loaned ya.