Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1670953 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #1650 on: February 19, 2014, 08:29:24 am »
they that Doge Meme up as an advertisement at my local subway
my reaction to seeing it

Oh no no no no no. I hate when companies use memes, it's the least professional thing ever... A cable company here used success kid to try and appeal to students, but we ended up laughing at them so much.

scott

« Reply #1651 on: February 19, 2014, 01:53:25 pm »
Looks like tomorrow (possibly tonight while I wait for the GF to get home), I'm starting up Lords of Shadow again followed by a run of Mirror of Fate.  That way I'm all up to speed with the story of the mini-series. I think it's been long enough that I can put myself through Lords of Shadow again.

But damn them Chupacabras.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #1652 on: February 21, 2014, 10:48:08 am »
Federal Return came in! Video Card time!

« Reply #1653 on: February 21, 2014, 06:01:00 pm »
I'm hoping that the upcoming release of Final Fantasy X/X2 HD outsells Lightening Returns. I know a lot of people like FFXIII, but to me it seemed like the final nails in the Final Fantasy coffin, officially killing this once great series. Maybe if X/X2 HD does better than Lightening Returns Square might finally pull their heads out their butts, and bring this once great series to its former glory. Just a thought. . .

soera

« Reply #1654 on: February 21, 2014, 07:35:09 pm »
Maybe if X/X2 HD does better than Lightening Returns Square might finally pull their heads out their butts, and bring this once great series to its former glory.

You would figure Squenix would have done a lot of things and pulled the head out of their ass. Like porting over more DQ games. Like doing an HD version of FF VII. Etc.

foxhack

« Reply #1655 on: February 21, 2014, 10:31:19 pm »
Maybe if X/X2 HD does better than Lightening Returns Square might finally pull their heads out their butts, and bring this once great series to its former glory.

You would figure Squenix would have done a lot of things and pulled the head out of their ass. Like porting over more DQ games. Like doing an HD version of FF VII. Etc.
Meanwhile, at Squeenix Japan:

MORE CELL PHONE GAMES! MOAR! MOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1656 on: February 22, 2014, 02:13:38 am »
Final Fantasy VII HD-remake?  Old news.  Never going to happen.

How about Secret Of Evermore?!  I love games with animal companions, anthropomorphic or otherwise.  Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout 3, Dragon Age: Origins, Legend Of Heroes, Chrono Trigger...  Good times.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1657 on: February 22, 2014, 06:18:06 am »

How about Secret Of Evermore?!  I love games with animal companions, anthropomorphic or otherwise.  Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout 3, Dragon Age: Origins, Legend Of Heroes, Chrono Trigger...  Good times.

You ever play PRIMAL (PS2, iirc)?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #1658 on: February 22, 2014, 10:54:11 am »

Agreed.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1659 on: February 22, 2014, 11:34:09 am »
Speaking of remakes: Why haven't we gotten a RE2 and RE3 remake or HD treatment? We got it on the first game (which was freaking AWESOME!) and then they skipped straight to RE4 (which was already one of the best looking games of that generation, so it could have waited). RE2 is the best in the series with RE3 trailing right behind it, come on Capcom!

soera

« Reply #1660 on: February 22, 2014, 11:35:13 am »
May never happen but its among the highest request of Squenix.

« Reply #1661 on: February 22, 2014, 12:24:45 pm »
Speaking of remakes: Why haven't we gotten a RE2 and RE3 remake or HD treatment? We got it on the first game (which was freaking AWESOME!) and then they skipped straight to RE4 (which was already one of the best looking games of that generation, so it could have waited). RE2 is the best in the series with RE3 trailing right behind it, come on Capcom!

I know there are several fan-made projects in the works, however these will never become more than internet roms seeing how Capcom owns the rights to RE. In addition to that, if Capcom has shown us, the fans, anything over the years it is they won't give us what we actually want, but what THEY THINK we want. Seeing how their finances are in the toilet right now, maybe they should rethink their strategy. . .

foxhack

« Reply #1662 on: February 22, 2014, 02:43:49 pm »

I know there are several fan-made projects in the works, however these will never become more than internet roms seeing how Capcom owns the rights to RE. In addition to that, if Capcom has shown us, the fans, anything over the years it is they won't give us what we actually want, but what THEY THINK we want. Seeing how their finances are in the toilet right now, maybe they should rethink their strategy. . .

They did! They're now focusing on DLC sales.

Yes, REALLY.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1663 on: February 22, 2014, 08:01:04 pm »
You haven't lived until you've been trash digging drunk.
I spen all afternoon with the other husbands while my wife was at a baby shower. Now, I've been to a game store and Goodwill and I'm in no shape to drive. My wife is driving and boy is she proud.

anruiukimi

« Reply #1664 on: February 22, 2014, 08:45:11 pm »
I figured that while I was making my patch orders, I would listen to some proper music. Even if I have to turn it up so the sound of the embroidery machines doesn't drown it out....