Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1541942 times)

argyle

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4245 on: October 30, 2014, 03:11:33 pm »
I just won an ebay auction for the original Ar Tonelico CE in mint condition! :D Got it for $53, which I felt was decent given the fact that it's complete & the condition described (sounds like the game's never even been played, it's just been sitting on the shelf - pics look very good as well).  So I'll finally be able to start the series from the beginning!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4246 on: October 30, 2014, 03:31:50 pm »
So, I just bought & downloaded Costume Quest 2 (PS4 version); I'd forgotten all about it until I saw another friend of mine playing it  :o

Looking forward to getting around to playing it after having a lot of fun with the 1st one!

Also, since I just finished up & platted Ar nosurge (a text-heavy game) today...I think that, instead of jumping right into & starting to play Tears to Tiara 2 (another text-heavy game; maybe even more-so than the one I just finished), that I'll take a gaming-break for a day or two, to take the time to watch my Blu ray anime of the original Tears to Tiara.

I was pleasantly surprised when, after reading the back cover of it - I saw that it *is* also voiced in English  ;D

For some reason - I was mistakenly thinking that it was only voiced in Japanese w/ English subtitles; which would have been a definite deal-breaker for me watching it now...when the last thing that I'd want to do would be reading more dialogue  :-\

anime fans -

What's up w/ bonuses called things like "clean openings, closings, out-takes," etc?

"Clean" as opposed to...what? 
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

davifus

« Reply #4247 on: October 30, 2014, 03:44:02 pm »
So, I just bought & downloaded Costume Quest 2 (PS4 version); I'd forgotten all about it until I saw another friend of mine playing it  :o

Looking forward to getting around to playing it after having a lot of fun with the 1st one!

Also, since I just finished up & platted Ar nosurge (a text-heavy game) today...I think that, instead of jumping right into & starting to play Tears to Tiara 2 (another text-heavy game; maybe even more-so than the one I just finished), that I'll take a gaming-break for a day or two, to take the time to watch my Blu ray anime of the original Tears to Tiara.

I was pleasantly surprised when, after reading the back cover of it - I saw that it *is* also voiced in English  ;D

For some reason - I was mistakenly thinking that it was only voiced in Japanese w/ English subtitles; which would have been a definite deal-breaker for me watching it now...when the last thing that I'd want to do would be reading more dialogue  :-\

anime fans -

What's up w/ bonuses called things like "clean openings, closings, out-takes," etc?

Clean OP(Opening) & ED(Closing) is basically the OP & ED without any credits/texts. Outtake is bloopers. I heard FMA has some funny outtakes. 
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

argyle

« Reply #4248 on: October 30, 2014, 03:54:25 pm »

anime fans -

The openings & closings without credit text on top of them. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4249 on: October 30, 2014, 03:56:43 pm »
So I finally finished my "have" list on this site..... I was being lazy about adding stuff, and having to go dig stuff out....
Time to do my "wish list".....

Also, finally got ahold of the guy on ebay about the gameboy that wasn't sent, he said the company "forgot to send it" and he threw in a N64 game..... he gave me a list and all but one i owned... so I picked NASCAR 2000. Damn, I was hoping he offered Conker Bad Fur day or something...
Also gotta get my buddy dreamcast, and also buy another buddy PSP and his few games.... he also wants to throw in the movies, which I don't want... So once I get them, ill prob just give them away haha.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4250 on: October 30, 2014, 03:58:52 pm »

anime fans -

Clean OP(Opening) & ED(Closing) is basically the OP & ED without any credits/texts. Outtake is bloopers. I heard FMA has some funny outtakes.

"FMA"?

KASH -

How far into the anime are you?

Did you get/are you watching the same one as me?

davifus

« Reply #4251 on: October 30, 2014, 04:02:53 pm »
FMA = Full Metal Alchemist

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4252 on: October 30, 2014, 06:24:58 pm »
I don't know what all kinda music everyone here is into, but if anyone is a fan of Baroness and/or Mastodon and could recommend some stuff that is similar in style/feel I would appreciate it. Not too heavy in the metal scene so I kinda just latch on to random stuff I find on my own. But I've been listening to Baroness and Mastodon a lot recently.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4253 on: October 30, 2014, 06:33:37 pm »
There's a whole thread of stuff like that in the Off Topic section. I think the thread is called Gaming Metalheads.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4254 on: October 30, 2014, 06:35:49 pm »
Ah cool. I'll go see if I can find it. thanks!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4255 on: October 31, 2014, 11:16:48 am »
Happy Halloween everyone! Stay safe tonight, I was invited to a Halloween party, but not sure if I wanna go. Way to many cops on patrol both in my buddy's area and mine, not that I drunk drive, but ill prob have a few beers, and police will be out in full force looking to pull everyone over.

So I will likely lock all my doors, blackout my house, and stick to my room or go help take my nephew trick or treating.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

davifus

« Reply #4256 on: October 31, 2014, 11:42:03 am »
I say Nephew

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4257 on: October 31, 2014, 01:04:22 pm »
People are such heartless assholes.

Yesterday I was driving to a job-site and there was a dog in the middle of the freeway running around. There's also an animal control van plainly in view parked on the side of the highway. Everyone is stopped and allowing them to do their job and not hit the dog. But then there's one jackass that just can't wait and rockets down the side of the freeway. He hits the dog, but keeps going. He doesn't give a crap.

Then a semi-truck pulls out to do the same thing. I get out of my car, to get him to stop. He doesn't slow down. I then get in the middle of the his way so he can't get by. He's honking and screaming the entire time as animal control is racing to this poor, limping dog. This son of a bitch had no intention of slowing down nor avoiding the dog after just watching someone else hit it. I swear to God if I didn't have a client in the car with me, I was worked up enough pull that mother fucker out of his truck and hit him with my car.

I just can't believe that people can be so damn heartless with animals.

The dog seemed to be okay enough, though. He was limping. But he was in good enough shape to run from the animal control down an embankment.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4258 on: October 31, 2014, 01:44:21 pm »
People are such heartless assholes.

Yesterday I was driving to a job-site and there was a dog in the middle of the freeway running around. There's also an animal control van plainly in view parked on the side of the highway. Everyone is stopped and allowing them to do their job and not hit the dog. But then there's one jackass that just can't wait and rockets down the side of the freeway. He hits the dog, but keeps going. He doesn't give a crap.

Then a semi-truck pulls out to do the same thing. I get out of my car, to get him to stop. He doesn't slow down. I then get in the middle of the his way so he can't get by. He's honking and screaming the entire time as animal control is racing to this poor, limping dog. This son of a bitch had no intention of slowing down nor avoiding the dog after just watching someone else hit it. I swear to God if I didn't have a client in the car with me, I was worked up enough pull that mother fucker out of his truck and hit him with my car.

I just can't believe that people can be so damn heartless with animals.

The dog seemed to be okay enough, though. He was limping. But he was in good enough shape to run from the animal control down an embankment.

There's very few people & very few instances, actions, and behaviors that/where I'm actually happy and it's pleasing + enjoyable to me...to see others suffer, be in pain, and get hurt...severely.

I haven't fought for...'fun', I guess, in years.

There's even fewer people & situations who/that can enrage, disgust, or move me/affect me enough to instill & precipitate violent behavior & actions from me.

Dog abusers & fighters fall directly into this (probably < 1%) extremely small pool/group of...I've gotta believe that, at least the majority of them are both cowards & followers (as in, if they were sitting home by themselves or w/ their families - they probably wouldn't think about doing these things) & I say cowards because, in the few times that I've confronted any of them directly - most of them had no interest in trying to hurt someone capable of defending themselves & the few that didn't immediately run away, well...my little sister could have endured more & fought back harder & more effectively than these scumbags did.

So yeah, if Dante wrote the Divine Comedy today, I'd bet that there'd be +1 more circle of hell for these people.

Every single one of them should be beaten by someone that they're helpless against just to get a taste of what it's like  >:(

kashell

« Reply #4259 on: October 31, 2014, 01:58:45 pm »
Happy Halloween everyone! Stay safe tonight, I was invited to a Halloween party, but not sure if I wanna go. Way to many cops on patrol both in my buddy's area and mine, not that I drunk drive, but ill prob have a few beers, and police will be out in full force looking to pull everyone over.

So I will likely lock all my doors, blackout my house, and stick to my room or go help take my nephew trick or treating.

Halloween parties are the bees-knees! You should go. Just don't drink if you're that worried about the cops. I love Halloween and any excuse to dress-up (cosplay).

Regarding the dog incident, I have no respect for people that abuse any sort of animal. I'm not trying to say I'm part of PETA or anything like that, and I have never been in the premises of someone hurting an animal aside from a house fly or a stinging bug. However, I know for a fact that is something that would set me off. Animals lack a voice. It's up to people to give them a voice. Actually, when I read the news and see that people were hurt or killed, my level of empathy is really low. When an animal is hurt or killed, I am devastated.