Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664792 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6630 on: March 28, 2015, 05:10:26 pm »
Alrighty, then -

I've replied to desocietas' and devancowan's PM's...

Things are crazy, hectic, chaotic here -and- I haven't forgotten about you (tafk and MJMarannan) and, I expect to have replies for the both of you by tomorrow or Monday (I'm going by the order that I received the inquiries ;))
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6631 on: March 28, 2015, 09:40:12 pm »
Now I'm wondering if I should get a copy of the first Mass Effect and play it first, or not? Does it feel like jumping in the middle of story if I start at #2, or does #2 stand on it's own?

I especially enjoy the idea that a few of my past exploits and some benefits transfer to the next story, that's why I'd rather play chronologically.  Still, the game is pretty cool to play that you could play Mass Effect 2 without playing the first.  Since there is a prologue DLC that you can create an ideal game state of the first game's events with.  As for playing Mass Effect 3, I would definitely play Mass Effect 2 with an ideal game you want to transfer.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6632 on: March 28, 2015, 10:24:40 pm »
Helped my brother build a speaker box today.... to much sun and red as hell on my face now.... Curse this Irish blood! We dont tan well
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6633 on: March 29, 2015, 02:30:16 am »
Anyone here seen The Video Game Years series on YouTube?

Fantastic series chronicling the history of video games. It feels like G4 Icons meets VH1's I Love the 80s/90s. And it has a lots of popular gaming personalities throwing their two-cents in about subjects. Lots of game footage and vintage commercials mixed in, too.

It focuses on the industry year-by-year, starting with 1974.

Here's the latest episode in the series, 1987:

TVGY rocks. I'm hoping to buy the DVD but their store has been down for a month and no one responds to me from retroware ... I love everyone involved with that show.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6634 on: March 29, 2015, 06:01:56 pm »
Anyone here seen The Video Game Years series on YouTube?

Fantastic series chronicling the history of video games. It feels like G4 Icons meets VH1's I Love the 80s/90s. And it has a lots of popular gaming personalities throwing their two-cents in about subjects. Lots of game footage and vintage commercials mixed in, too.

It focuses on the industry year-by-year, starting with 1974.

Here's the latest episode in the series, 1987:

Seen it?  Son, I bought the DVDs. This started back before RetrowareTV started slipping in content.
I really dig the series.

karyann

« Reply #6635 on: March 29, 2015, 08:59:04 pm »
Just an FYI, don't forget to enter your coins in your club Nintendo account before Tuesday, because that's the last day before coins can no longer be registered anymore!

Speaking of which, I have 280 coins right now. What digital game should I get with this? I was kinda hesitating between a Mario vs Donkey Kong (since I love the original Mario vs DK) or Earthbound since I probably never will own it in a physical format, but after watching videos for both, Earthbound doesn't really appeal to me and I'm unsure about how fun Minis March Again looks.  :-\

kashell

« Reply #6636 on: March 30, 2015, 08:29:34 am »
Aside from light video game shopping and gymming, most of this weekend was spent with HD Noire and maxing out Lily Ranks for the girls. I told this to dark, but I'll share it with the rest of you. HD Noire has -the- best writing in the entire series. The amount of inside jokes and one-liners the writers put in make it seem as the though the game was meant for those that have been gaming for years. Combat is fluid, even for a strategy RPG. Unlike something like Kartia or FF Tactics, the battles are over within minutes. Even with all of the gimmicks like switches, warp points, conveyor belts and the like, battles are the right length. There are other good things, but I need to explain my thoughts about the Lily grinding:

GAAAAAAHHHH!!!11!!one!eleven! >_____<

I know, I know. They are entirely optional. But, I love the Neptunia series and I like having 100% with each entry. HD Noire is no different, but grinding these Lily Ranks has been mind numbing. And I only partially scratched the surface with them. If not for Netflix/Hulu and the need to catch up on a variety of shows and documentaries I would have snapped long ago and quit the game entirely.

I know a thing or two about patience since I've gotten some really tiresome trophies. But these might be more frustrating. After I finish this game, I think I'm going to play a couple of action games. I'll need to let out some aggression.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

kashell

« Reply #6638 on: March 30, 2015, 09:45:29 am »
The website is blocked, but the URL gives me the general idea.

Very sad and unfortunate. 2015 has been a really heavy year.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6639 on: March 30, 2015, 10:07:58 am »
Finally got all the way to worker 8 in FFT. Beat all the side stuff I could so far. Got into a random battle to test the newbies out and holy shit is worker 8 a powerhouse. This guy is definitely scary.

And the other thing is this side-quest is so ancillary I'm surprised they included it at all. It's really surprising considering its like the only one in the entire game.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:46:00 am by tafk »

argyle

« Reply #6640 on: March 30, 2015, 11:23:35 am »
I put a lot of time into both Xillia 2 & Bloodborne this weekend. Both are fantastic and different enough that they complement each other well. I'm over 50 hours in Xillia 2 now, and I think I'm sorta-kinda getting close to the end. Was originally thinking I might go for the plat, but I've changed my mind - I have too much in my backlog and it looks like it will be a lot of end-game grinding. I'm trying to set myself up for it tho in case I decide to go back one day.

Bloodborne is brutal, but it's drawing me in more than any Souls game ever has. I don't know if it's the setting (that Victorian Gothic vibe is right up my alley :) ), the faster paced combat or...what, exactly. But I'm digging it. Stuck on the second boss right now. I had him last night - I HAD HIM!!! :'( When he finished me off, you could barely see a sliver of his health remaining. Next time!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6641 on: March 30, 2015, 12:02:43 pm »
The website is blocked, but the URL gives me the general idea.

Very sad and unfortunate. 2015 has been a really heavy year.

< an hour from home, too :-\

PM incoming, kash!

kashell

« Reply #6642 on: March 30, 2015, 12:28:07 pm »
Yikes. I didn't know it was so close to your area.

PM has been received and a response has been sent.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6643 on: March 30, 2015, 12:35:59 pm »
Finally got all the way to worker 8 in FFT. Beat all the side stuff I could so far. Got into a random battle to test the newbies out and holy shit is worker 8 a powerhouse. This guy is definitely scary.

And the other thing is this side-quest is so ancillary I'm surprised they included it at all. It's really surprising considering its like the only one in the entire game.

There's also Jobs in every Tavern that if you send the right party, you'll be rewarded with more than just Gil.  Not sure if it's always every Job, but definitely a nice little addition.

Worker 8 is pretty cool...  If I remember correctly, you need a certain Stone to activate him.  I love most of the unique party members!

What.  A.  Fucking. Shame.  :'(

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/police-officer-killed-in-gamestop-shootout/1100-6425764/?ftag=YHR28b9ce3

If I remember correctly, the officer just wanted to reward his kid for doing well in school with a new game and two suspects pinned him with automatics(?).  Very tragic.  Condolences to the officer's family.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

kashell

« Reply #6644 on: March 30, 2015, 02:04:08 pm »
Worker 8 can also be used as a stepping stone. Move him towards a higher area and your team can walk up him.

I renamed him T260G when I got him.