Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664639 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6645 on: March 30, 2015, 02:10:03 pm »

If I remember correctly, the officer just wanted to reward his kid for doing well in school with a new game and two suspects pinned him with automatics(?).  Very tragic.  Condolences to the officer's family.

This is my understanding of what happened, too.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6646 on: March 30, 2015, 08:44:53 pm »
Now I'm wondering if I should get a copy of the first Mass Effect and play it first, or not? Does it feel like jumping in the middle of story if I start at #2, or does #2 stand on it's own?

I especially enjoy the idea that a few of my past exploits and some benefits transfer to the next story, that's why I'd rather play chronologically.  Still, the game is pretty cool to play that you could play Mass Effect 2 without playing the first.  Since there is a prologue DLC that you can create an ideal game state of the first game's events with.  As for playing Mass Effect 3, I would definitely play Mass Effect 2 with an ideal game you want to transfer.

Sounds awesome, and it looks like I'll be able to do the same! I just got the package in the mail today, and the seller send Mass Effect 1 free with it! Fantastic!

davifus

« Reply #6647 on: March 31, 2015, 12:28:55 am »
That BieberRoast was great.

Martha 10/10
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

kashell

« Reply #6648 on: March 31, 2015, 08:38:25 am »

maximo310

« Reply #6649 on: March 31, 2015, 04:06:04 pm »
I'm not a fan of Apple products, but this article is spot-on:

http://www.pinfofeed.com/article/74354/apple-ceo-tim-cook-there-s-something-very-dangerous-happening-in-america/
Passing a "religious freedom law" to have your religious beliefs trump over others isn't cool. The fact that a bunch of other states are trying to pass similiar laws like this just speaks volumes of how ridiculous this whole thing is.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6650 on: March 31, 2015, 05:24:06 pm »
We don't do politics on here, but I'm going to throw this out there anyway. 

Don't you think it's bullshit that a law could make a person serve someone?  What happened to privately owned businesses running themselves.  If a business wants to be dumb enough to turn away customers, let them.  It's their business. 

I'm all for equality.  Don't get me wrong.  I just think business owners have rights.  They are people too. 

foxhack

« Reply #6651 on: March 31, 2015, 06:32:49 pm »
OB-WOOF-TION!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 06:37:24 pm by foxhack »

tpugmire

« Reply #6652 on: March 31, 2015, 06:50:44 pm »
So my brother in law texted me yesterday. It read "Stop by my house today if you have time. I have some stuff for you".  I was pretty busy at work, so I didn't have time to reply right away or stop by. I remembered his message today and I stopped by. He had 2 big boxes of video game stuff that his ex wife found in her storage. She mailed them to him, and he really didn't want it. He knows I collect games, so he just gave them to me for free. Looks to be a PS1 with a bunch of games and controllers, and a Atari 1200XL with a ton of games and accessories. Not a bad haul for free.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6653 on: March 31, 2015, 07:06:09 pm »
So my brother in law texted me yesterday. It read "Stop by my house today if you have time. I have some stuff for you".  I was pretty busy at work, so I didn't have time to reply right away or stop by. I remembered his message today and I stopped by. He had 2 big boxes of video game stuff that his ex wife found in her storage. She mailed them to him, and he really didn't want it. He knows I collect games, so he just gave them to me for free. Looks to be a PS1 with a bunch of games and controllers, and a Atari 1200XL with a ton of games and accessories. Not a bad haul for free.

Where da pics!?

and congrats
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6654 on: March 31, 2015, 10:25:16 pm »

You have one day left to submit to the March pickup thread! Get on it!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 10:37:34 pm by tafk »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6655 on: March 31, 2015, 10:35:07 pm »
Ya, like said above, lets not to politics here...... Good way for issues to arise on a forum
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #6656 on: March 31, 2015, 11:41:07 pm »
Normally, I don't talk politics. But, eh, a good read on some issues in a state I've been to many times due to family and other reasons seemed fitting given how heavy this year has been in the news.

In other news, I got a couple of new girls in HD Noire. Chapter 7 has been the most challenging so far.

90snostalga

« Reply #6657 on: April 01, 2015, 01:19:57 am »
I'm still floating around from family to family house.  If I ever finally get settled again with my own place, I will be back on the forums on a daily basis again...I miss the forums and gaming dearly

kashell

« Reply #6658 on: April 01, 2015, 08:21:21 am »
Another HD Noire update. I recruited two more characters, Vio and Sango. Vio is clearly based off of Resident Evil. While I'm not a fan of the games, Vio is fantastic -AND- super useful in battle. I'm not sure how her name has anything to do with RE, though. Vio-lence? I dunno...

Sango (I think) is based off of Dynasty Warriors. Again, not a follower of the games, but she's equally entertaining.

Finally, Wyn's and Lid's Lily relationship is growing without much hassle. If this keeps up, Lid might be the one who gets 100% Lily Ranks with everyone first.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6659 on: April 01, 2015, 09:44:43 am »
I'm still floating around from family to family house.  If I ever finally get settled again with my own place, I will be back on the forums on a daily basis again...I miss the forums and gaming dearly

Good to see you brother.  Hope it all works out.