Author Topic: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 81044 times)

madmax

Re: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #795 on: April 22, 2012, 05:01:29 pm »
Mystic Ninja is an awesome game. My friend and I used to play it in coop mode all the time ^_^

« Reply #796 on: April 22, 2012, 10:45:46 pm »
Final Fantasy Dissidia Duodecim 012 - PSP

To be honest, I'm somewhat disappointed.  The first Dissidia is my favorite PSP game and one of my overall favorite games.  I've spent about 100 hours on the first one.  The sequel just feels like a roster update.  I've only played about 5 or 6 hours so far, so maybe it gets better. 

There are only 4 new backgrounds, the other 14 (plus 14 "Chaos versions") are from the first game, at least right off the bat.  The camera angles on 2 of the new BGs can be horrible at times.  The 5 new characters are fan favorites, but Lightning is even slower than Cloud, and Yuna's attacks block the screen momentarily (with Aeon summons), which make it difficult to tell whether or not the attack was dodged, thus leaving you open to counterattack.

I'm iffy on the assist character at this time, I need more experience with it to see how I feel about it.  5 hours in, and the "overworld" they added to this game feels more like a hub and looks more like a randomly constructed dungeon than a huge landscape to explore.  Things started to pickup around hour 3 though, at least there are enemies scattered about now.

The story is basically a retelling of the first one:  a bunch of characters trying to earn crystals to defeat the bad guys in a never-ending cycle.  It seems a little disjointed this time, as they throw "reports" at you that have a little story and some random missions thrown in.  There's no grand suprise this time around, as the story is thematically the same.  The dialogue and stuff is all new, but it's the same idea...  Watching Kefka's lunacy is as fun as usual, and I think the creators of this game knew that, since he seems to lord over nearly every scene (thus far).

Still, I find myself playing until my hands are beyond cramped, and being drawn back every few hours, so it's not too shabby.  A good thing they have in here is the ability to transfer over your character data from the first Dissidia, so you don't have to start your old characters over from level 1. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:51:42 pm by monochrome »

blipcs76

« Reply #797 on: April 23, 2012, 09:45:30 am »
Amazing haul Soera!  My main collecting focus is cib/boxed NES games, so I'm seething with jealousy!  If you decide to sell off any you're not interested in or duplicates, let me know  ;)

All I found this weekend was 3 black NES sleeves and a SMB2 manual.

desocietas

« Reply #798 on: April 23, 2012, 11:25:00 am »
Purchases from this week:
http://i.imgur.com/3nyLt.jpg?1

Whoa, a bunch of those bring back memories... haven't thought about Flashback and Rocket Knight since the old game rental store days.  I think Kid Chameleon was my favorite game at that time, but I was terrible at it.  I was always trying to convince my brother to play it so I could watch him.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #799 on: April 23, 2012, 01:16:34 pm »
I had a pretty good day yesterday, I picked up some Playstation games:
Driver
Mega Man X4
Star Wars: Episode 1: Jedi Power Battles
Tiny Tank
Dino Crisis 1 and 2
All are complete except for Dino Crisis 2 which is missing the manual but they only cost me 50 cents each so I'm pretty happy

Then today I downloaded Trials Evolution for XBLA! Yay for days off :D

foxhack

« Reply #800 on: April 23, 2012, 02:02:19 pm »
Today I got Saga Frontier for PS1, mint - $3.

atariboy

« Reply #801 on: April 23, 2012, 02:04:16 pm »
Today I got RPG Maker II - PS2 $3.25
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

darko

« Reply #802 on: April 23, 2012, 02:10:38 pm »
I got a few boxed NES games and Castlevania: Bloodlines (clam case) from @soera yesterday.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 04:01:36 pm by darko »

faxmachine

« Reply #803 on: April 23, 2012, 02:32:46 pm »
A friend gave me his "old Gameboy stuff"
http://i.imgur.com/ijRlI.jpg?1

scott

« Reply #804 on: April 23, 2012, 02:35:20 pm »
Xenoblade Chronicles, D and 40 more DS cases arrived at my door today. Woot woot.

Here's a pic of everything I've snagged since Saturday.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 06:00:07 pm by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #805 on: April 23, 2012, 10:44:54 pm »
Dont kill me for getting lucky over an entire weekend but I did pretty good tonight. I traded some stuff and worked a few deals but I got another lot of around 100 NES games including Duck Tales 2 and TMNT Tournament fighters and Mega Man 1. Also scored both the Zelda and SMB board games.

jobocan

« Reply #806 on: April 23, 2012, 10:54:48 pm »
Also scored both the Zelda and SMB board games.

That's awesome. I actually found the Zelda game once, but it was a flea market reseller asking 200$ for it >_> Wasn't able to get it for free like I did when I got the Yars' Revenge vinyl record.

jcalder8

« Reply #807 on: April 23, 2012, 11:05:36 pm »
Dont kill me for getting lucky over an entire weekend but I did pretty good tonight. I traded some stuff and worked a few deals but I got another lot of around 100 NES games including Duck Tales 2 and TMNT Tournament fighters and Mega Man 1. Also scored both the Zelda and SMB board games.
We wouldn't kill you.... we would tie you up and steal the games though :D
If we were to kill you there would be a chance of getting blood on the games lol

soera

« Reply #808 on: April 23, 2012, 11:21:37 pm »
LMAO fair enough! :P But ... other than DW IV box, Im going to seriously slow down on picking stuff up for a little while so my funds can rebuild. So no more new stuff for a couple days at least! :)

darko

« Reply #809 on: April 23, 2012, 11:24:32 pm »
If you want expedite the renewal of those funds you know where I live...bring over the DuckTales 2!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:26:44 pm by darko »