Author Topic: March 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased  (Read 28590 times)

htimreimer

Re: March 2013 - Recently Added to Collection/ Recently Purchased
« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2013, 03:03:38 am »
Friday night, I won an auction for a complete copy of Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door for 23.50. I was quite happy with that as I just sort of discovered the Paper Mario series, (currently playing Paper Mario from VC on my Wii U), and heard this one could be kind of pricey.[size=78%].[/size]
paper mario 1 is my first rpg, it not easy but its fun and vary good and some go's for the thousand year door, unfortunately the last two games have forgotten what makes paper mario good especially sticker star ware the rpg elements were an afterthought, i'm not saying there bad but it not paper mario anymore

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2013, 07:53:43 pm »
I finally got a box for my Conker's Bad Fur Day.  Now I have Cart/Box/Manual for it.  It's the first one I've ever pieced together like that.  It was $15 at a local game store.  A lot to pay for a piece of cardboard, but I really wanted that one complete.

jcalder8

« Reply #152 on: March 18, 2013, 08:04:32 pm »
I finally got a box for my Conker's Bad Fur Day.  Now I have Cart/Box/Manual for it.  It's the first one I've ever pieced together like that.  It was $15 at a local game store.  A lot to pay for a piece of cardboard, but I really wanted that one complete.
That's a good price for the box. Congrats on getting it all together for it!

« Reply #153 on: March 18, 2013, 09:51:09 pm »
Bit of Wizardry in the air tonight... :)

And courtesy of desocietas, a minty fresh copy of the Fire Emblem: Awakening artbook that was offered as a pre-order bonus!

scott

« Reply #154 on: March 18, 2013, 09:51:43 pm »
Congrats. Makes me sad that my box vanished... I'm still hoping that my N64 boxes reappear one day... I don't remember trashing them. :(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2013, 03:12:10 pm »
Took a trip to Goodwill and ended up with Wolverine for NES and Activision Anthology for PS2 for a total of $9! I also got the movie 28 Days Later for $1!

jcalder8

« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2013, 07:19:46 pm »
I also got the movie 28 Days Later for $1!
I loved this movie!

foxhack

« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2013, 07:29:19 pm »
I found Batman Vengeance for PC (disc only in sleeve) for fifty cents. Along with like twenty other copies of the same game. o_O

I also got a GBA Action Replay for $1.50 and... what appears to be a breakaway cable for oldschool Xbox controllers, but instead of having an Xbox plug, it's a normal USB plug. That was $1.50 as well.

I tried the Action Replay on my GBA SP and it didn't do anything. I got the Game Boy logo but that was it. Anyone know if these things are fragile or prone to dying?

sin2beta

« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2013, 07:53:32 pm »
My local vintage stock had 3 sealed game gear games for a couple bucks each. Mostly, majesco rereleases. But I decided to pick them up. Even though I have cardboard cases. It is neat to have a few boxed games for just a few dollars.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

foxhack

« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2013, 07:56:00 pm »
My local vintage stock had 3 sealed game gear games for a couple bucks each. Mostly, majesco rereleases. But I decided to pick them up. Even though I have cardboard cases. It is neat to have a few boxed games for just a few dollars.
... did you open them?

I think some of those Majesco rereleases are pretty valuable...

sin2beta

« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2013, 08:11:35 pm »
... did you open them?

I think some of those Majesco rereleases are pretty valuable...

No I didn't. And I won't, the games are common enough that I can get a loose copy of each for next to nothing. Most Majesco rereleases are super easy to find. They were well stocked and did not sell well. There is one title, that if Majesco did rerelease it, is probably worth something. I remember a debate on SMSPower about whether a majesco version even actually existed. The title escapes me at the moment though.

A system sealed can go for a decent amount though due to better capacitors. But I don't know any majesco games that are worth much. I will look into it though.

EDIT: The game I was thinking of was Frogger. A prototype exists, and there is art for it on the back of the Majesco box, but never released. The Majesco rereleases are 10 games, all quite common NIB: Disney's The Lion King, Aladdin, The Jungle Book, Deep Duck Trouble, Caesars Palace, Super BattleTank, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Spinball,Pac Man, and Ms. Pac Man.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:19:32 pm by sin2beta »
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

jcalder8

« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2013, 11:54:35 pm »
I also got a GBA Action Replay for $1.50 and... what appears to be a breakaway cable for oldschool Xbox controllers, but instead of having an Xbox plug, it's a normal USB plug. That was $1.50 as well.
It could be the adapter for the wired 360 guitar.

foxhack

« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2013, 12:21:33 am »
... uh, I dunno.

I thought the 360 used normal USB plugs. This has an original Xbox connector at the end. Also, it won't fit my gamepads. >:|

« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2013, 02:25:36 am »
... uh, I dunno.

I thought the 360 used normal USB plugs. This has an original Xbox connector at the end. Also, it won't fit my gamepads. >:|
360 wired controller has breakaway connectors like the orig Xbox, but with usb and they are smaller so they won't fit on a Xbox.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2013, 10:18:49 am »
I got 2 new strategy guides yesterday...

Opened my e-mails, and, read that I have 20,000+ Gamestop points  :o

Since I don't sell/trade anything there *EVER*, and since I'm not thrilled w/ B2G2 deals...I saw a printable coupon for:

"Free Strategy Guide" (read: fine print = "up to $20 towards any guide") for 10,000 points each.

Since I'm a sucker for collecting not only games (but giclees, guides, ost's, etc) - this seemed to be the 'closest-to-cash' deal that I could find...could NOT combine the 2 $20 coupons, to say, get a $40 hardback guide :(

Walked in, picked out the guides for Kingdom Hearts (3-DS version) & Dragon's Dogma, handed-in a coupon for each (they were each $19.99 "New")...and they didn't even charge any taxes, or anything...left w/ the 2 guides w/o spending a penny  ;D

Since I just saved that penny...you guys better watch out...'cause when I do my next big ("2 cents worth" rant)...it's gonna be/you're all gonna get *3* cents worth  :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"