Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 190146 times)

desocietas

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2013, 05:14:15 pm »
I think i must be legally insane, I made it my mission to complete all of the main Final Fantasy games and their sequels by playing only official US releases. So i've finished FF1 on NES and FF2 on PS1. I'm saving 3 for later since it was only released on handhelds in the US. Next is FFIV (II) on the snes.

That actually sounds like a crazy but fun/interesting VGConnect idea... I haven't played all of the FFs yet, would be interesting to try with other people trying the same...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2013, 05:31:06 pm »
Lol, if anyone wants to join me on my insane quest please do! Its a long and lonely road.

soera

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2013, 06:32:14 pm »
Well, this could be requested to be added. Id join in!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2013, 09:59:57 pm »
I just beat Golden Sun using a Game Boy Player. I throught it was a great JRPG in the classic style, with a nice mix of puzzles thrown in.

The sequel is in the mail, on it's way to me!

sin2beta

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2013, 10:52:05 pm »
I was just thinking about resurrecting this thread. Just beat Forza Horizon. I had a blast with it! Forza, Colorado, and street racing. Fantastic!
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2013, 02:12:49 pm »

Just beat this. Great looking remake. The graphics are completely overhauled and there are a few small changes here and there. But it feels just like the original when you play it. So don't go broke trying to track it down if you already have the original.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2013, 04:14:12 pm »
I'll be finishing up Ar tonelico: Qoga either tonight or tomorrow, and then I plan on giving Rainbow Moon a try next...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2013, 12:38:51 pm »
I recently finished 2 WWE Wrestling games for the XBox 360.

WWE '13 for XBox 360

FANTASTIC wrestling game. I could be a little biased since The Attitude Era is my favorite WWF/E era. But that was, BY FAR, the highlight of this game.

The storyline follows the birth of the WWF Attitude Era. Starting with the birth and formation of D-X, followed by the Austin Era, then the rise of The Rock, and then the Brothers of Destruction (Undertaker and Kane), followed by the many faces of Mick Foley, and finally the lead up to and the actual WrestleMania XV. After you beat all that, you then unlock a sort of "middle-card" storyline of the time right after WM XV. There is also a sort of "be the booker" mode called My WWE Universe. It looks neat, but also VERY detailed and in-depth; so it'll be something I'll have to come back to because I've had my wrestling game fill for the moment.

What's great, is the game give great detail and background on this history and these matches, including video. So if you want to relive The Attitude Era, this is a fantastic way to do so. And, actually, it's better than the recent "Attitude Era" DVD WWE recently put out (which is a shame).

The controls are bit button-mashy, which I've seen complaints about online, but it's not that bad. You get used to it, real fast. I mean, it's not like it's WWE: Legends of WrestleMania; which brings me too...

WWE: Legends of WrestleMania for XBox 360

The game recreates matches and storylines from WrestleMania I thought XV. There are 3 ways you can play them: Relive (recreate), Rewrite (change history), Redife (whatever you want, as long as you win the match). I played through all 3. There is also a "climb the ranks" sort of deal, like the old PS1/N64 wrestling games, called "Legend Killer", but you have to use a created wrestler, not an actual roster wrestler. I played through it, I didn't play through all 60+ opponent, but just short of that I earned all the medal/trophies.

What I loved about the game was the fan-service. The history they put in the game including video shorts that would show actual video of the build-up to matches, and of the actual match-highlights before you'd play the match. The roster of classic WWF wrestlers was great, too, including alternate costumes. And lots of different match types and areans to battle in.

What I hated was the controls. A button-mashing mess. People complain about WWE '13 being to button-mashy, it's got nothing on Legends of WrestleMania. I was practically slapping the action-buttons on my XBox 360 controller half the time. It really makes your hand tired after long-play sessions.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2013, 11:13:31 pm »

So much fun! I loved the added content, the voice-overs, and new renditions of the music. And the controls were spot-on, something I feared for before playing it. And dang is that chase sequence hard at the end. A lot harder than a simple rope climb like in the first one. A lot more attention to detail in this one, than the original, as well.

It's totally worth playing through both the original and this remake. They really do feel like 2 totally different games in the same franchise, even though many areas are very familiar.

I want to see a lot more remastered 2D classics like this!

foxhack

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2013, 11:29:31 pm »
I've completed a bunch of games recently:

Bionic Commando (2009, beat on August 18, damn underrated game)
Mirror's Edge (September 4)
The Wonderful End of the World (100%ed on September 9)
Fez (beat on September 13, 100%ed on the 14th)

scott

« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2013, 08:47:43 am »

I've tried telling people that for years. I still need to finish it, but when I was playing it I couldn't set it down.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2013, 01:16:21 pm »

I've tried telling people that for years. I still need to finish it, but when I was playing it I couldn't set it down.

It's damn good until you get to the areas were there is absolutely nowhere to land, it's all radiation and enemies are still firing at you. That's just frustratingly hard!

foxhack

« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2013, 12:34:08 am »

It's damn good until you get to the areas were there is absolutely nowhere to land, it's all radiation and enemies are still firing at you. That's just frustratingly hard!
... that's why you kill them first. :P

« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2013, 05:39:59 pm »
Army of two - co-op

« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2013, 05:53:07 pm »
Army of two - co-op

I played that game, it was pretty fun. I never played any of the sequels though.