Author Topic: Nintendo Wii U!!!  (Read 8628 times)

scott

Re: Nintendo Wii U!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2014, 02:25:29 pm »
That could be sweet. Imagine Raids going after Legendary Pokemon as end bosses... hmm
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2014, 02:36:58 am »
Making me think how Pokémon will work as a MMO envisioned by scott and blipcs76.  Will everyone catch the Legendary Pokémon as long as they participated or will it be given to the one who dealt the most damage or struck the fatal blow?   ;D

Also makes it unfair to other players who participated, what would be the other prizes for the work done?

Please check out the games I have for sale.

90snostalga

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014, 09:03:19 am »
Making me think how Pokémon will work as a MMO envisioned by scott and blipcs76.  Will everyone catch the Legendary Pokémon as long as they participated or will it be given to the one who dealt the most damage or struck the fatal blow?   ;D

Also makes it unfair to other players who participated, what would be the other prizes for the work done?

all you guys have lost me on this...I'm not sure what an MMO is?

scott

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2014, 09:08:39 am »

You know, I think in terms of an MMO, the Legendary Pokemon wouldn't be catchable. But then again, in WoW there were items that only dropped once a raid (maybe less) and if you didn't get it on a particular run you had to wait a week for the server reset. So catching the legendary at the end of the raid would be something like that.

soera

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014, 09:47:40 am »

all you guys have lost me on this...I'm not sure what an MMO is?

MMO = Massive multiplayer online. World of Warcraft and Everquest are the most well known MMOs currently. As far as the comments on the Legendary pokemon in an MMO, I agree with Scott. In EQ, most insane raid items were only one drop per raid. So you just had to be the lucky bastard to win it.

scott

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2014, 09:55:28 am »
Yup, no one said MMO loot drops were ever fair. haha

soera

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2014, 10:42:29 am »
It wasnt too bad on EQ for me. The guild I was in was the top raid guild of the entire game all servers. We farmed each main raid for months at a time so I always got my shot. I was the highest ranked bard in the world for almost a year. I really miss that game. I still keep a figurine and a bust of Firiona Vie on my desk.

90snostalga

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2014, 03:32:51 pm »
I'm now getting more anxious to get my gaming pc or laptop so I can play all that stuff.

90snostalga

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2014, 05:58:28 pm »
So according to wal mart.com mario kart is being released 4/1/2014 and Zelda 2 is 6/1/2014!   :D  Happy!

tpugmire

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2014, 06:57:12 pm »
Zelda hasn't even been announced yet, so that's pretty doubtful. Unless you meant that Hyrule Warriors game, then ok, maybe.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2014, 12:46:50 am »
If you are planning to play MMO games, 90snostalga, you do know some, if not most, of them have subscription fees, right?  World Of Warcraft is one example of a MMO with subscription fees and I believe Elder Scrolls Online will be also.  Anyone please correct me when I'm wrong.

Then again, a lot of MMO RPGs that I've been wanting to play have been opting to the free-to-play model.  Star Wars: The Old Republic, Lord Of The Rings Online, and DC Universe Online.

Also, I should have thought this over completely and edited this:

By the way, what would be other potential prizes players get from defeating Legendary Pokémon?

Please check out the games I have for sale.

90snostalga

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2014, 12:49:56 am »
If you are planning to play MMO games, 90snostalga, you do know some, if not most, of them have subscription fees, right?  World Of Warcraft is one example of a MMO with subscription fees and I believe Elder Scrolls Online will be also.  Anyone please correct me when I'm wrong.

Then again, a lot of MMO RPGs that I've been wanting to play have been opting to the free-to-play model.  Star Wars: The Old Republic, Lord Of The Rings Online, and DC Universe Online.

Also, I should have thought this over completely and edited this:

By the way, what would be other potential prizes players get from defeating Legendary Pokémon?

Thanks.  Yea I know a lot of them require fee's, It mainly just reminded me how much I wanted to play old and new computer games offline and that I  need to get a gaming strictly pc/laptop.

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2014, 06:55:52 pm »
For those interested, Amazon is having a sale on some Wii U games.  Stuff like Resident Evil Revelations, Assassins Creed 4, and wonderful 101 are all down around 25 bucks.  I grabbed AC4 and Wonderful 101 along with 007: Legends cause it was 10 bucks and because...it was 10 bucks lol

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/03/amazon-deals-wii-u/

Monster Hunter is around the same price, Zombi U is 20, some nice deals for sure.  Kinda wished some Mario stuff was on sale, but they are only a couple bucks off at best.  Kinda hoping Black Friday this year brings some sales for New Super Mario and Luigi U.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2014, 04:16:41 am »
I have a feeling that the Wii U could pull a DS or 3DS move if Nintendo plays their cards right....  I remember the DS not doing too hot until the DS Lite came out then it blew up....  There were tons of naysayers for the 3DS in the beginning too....  I heard so many rants about how it was going to fail....  Is it a thing to hate on Nintendo no matter what they do~?  How many times does a company have to prove itself before they get the benefit of the doubt for once~?

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2014, 04:47:31 am »
I have a feeling that the Wii U could pull a DS or 3DS move if Nintendo plays their cards right....  I remember the DS not doing too hot until the DS Lite came out then it blew up....  There were tons of naysayers for the 3DS in the beginning too....  I heard so many rants about how it was going to fail....  Is it a thing to hate on Nintendo no matter what they do~?  How many times does a company have to prove itself before they get the benefit of the doubt for once~?

While I would like that, I still don't think Nintendo can turn around the Wii U.  It's simply losing too much third party support and it actually has competition with the other systems.  For the 3DS, there was only the Vita which isn't much competition at all and it's the best way to have handheld mobile gaming, even with the cry for Nintendo to go mobile.

I think the Wii U will pull itself around just a bit, we have some big games coming out this year, but I don't think it'll be enough for the system to ever make the same numbers of the Wii.  They just didn't do a good enough job selling the system.  I don't think it'll fail though.  Nintendo is much smarter with what they do.  They'll struggle, but never fail, they'll never become Sega.