Author Topic: What do you do for living?  (Read 8519 times)

What do you do for living?
« on: January 31, 2014, 07:35:46 am »
Hi, everyone!!!

I don't know if someone asked this before, but if not... What do you do for living?
Please... mention only the legal activities! ;)

I have been a software developer for about 10 years (does the site need more collaborators?), and that is how I get some money to build my game collection!
What about all of you?

Cheers!
Juan M. - Naicigam

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: What do you do for living?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 09:40:38 am »
Yeah, this topic's already going somewhere - I just don't have the time to look for it find/link to it right now...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 11:26:12 am »
Hi, everyone!!!

I don't know if someone asked this before, but if not... What do you do for living?
Please... mention only the legal activities! ;)

I have been a software developer for about 10 years (does the site need more collaborators?), and that is how I get some money to build my game collection!
What about all of you?

Cheers!

I'm a developer as well! Been at it for about 10 years as well. My day job focuses mostly on auto-industry specific web based development.

As for collaborating - do you do any Android or iOS dev? The Android app is slowly being worked on and will be opened sourced in the near future. I need lots of help on that as Java isn't my area (nor do I have the time for it).

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 11:48:23 am »
I' an Civil Engineer.  I specialize in transportation. 

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 12:39:57 pm »
I' an Civil Engineer.  I specialize in trainspotting.

:o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 12:56:02 pm »
I study computer engineering, but I already developed some IT stuff. My scientific research scholarship in university is what helps me build my game collection. It's a tough quest, although.

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 02:44:38 pm »
I feel like most collectors are in the tech industry lol. Most of the ones I know personally are software engineers, system administrators and things of that nature.

Not me though, I'm a clinical social worker.

soera

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 03:06:35 pm »
Right now, Im a stay at home dad ... but with my kids both going to be in full time school starting next summer, I plan to dabble in the world of pest control. Before I stayed at home, I was an animal control officer for about 5 years as well as a vet tech for a few more years. While doing the vet tech stuff, I also helped train birds and raised reptiles. At one time, I had 19 different turtle enclosures in my apartment. I would love to get a herpetology degree but there is nothing like that locally.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 04:35:28 pm »
I'm an analyst for Coca-Cola. Most times just showing them how they can save money.

Not very good at programming languages, but I can write SQL queries if there is a database or SQL server that runs the backend of this site.

The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 04:51:59 pm »
I'm an analyst for Coca-Cola. Most times just showing them how they can save money.

Not very good at programming languages, but I can write SQL queries if there is a database or SQL server that runs the backend of this site.

and you are new around these parts! Not to interrupt the thread but welcome to the site!

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 06:49:34 pm »
Quality Assurance Engineer... HP tools, quality center/ALM, loadrunner/Performance Center, QTP/UFT.  Current client is major luxury auto maker.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 06:53:06 pm »
I assemble high end Florescent and LED light fixtures.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 07:30:47 pm »
I teach a computer basics class to disabled adults learning job skills. I also job coach one of them at a cat haven.

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 07:43:55 pm »
I go to highschool for a living.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

pacpix

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 08:36:00 pm »
I am still in high school at the moment, but I have been working at the family business doing different manual labor jobs since I was 10ish like sorting hangers and stringing laundry bags.  Last year I started working a lot more since I could drive and somehow ended up in the office one day where I am now building spreadsheets/binders for all of the delivery routes.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)