Author Topic: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 35914 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: March 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #360 on: March 28, 2014, 07:51:51 pm »

Cost me exactly $0. Ebay gave me a $10 credit to spend on anything for being a good seller!

BTW, damn that game is going for cheap. I got a complete copy, and my $10 credit completely covered it.

atariboy

« Reply #361 on: March 28, 2014, 08:21:48 pm »
Just ran to my local thrift store and found these 2 games. Yellow stickers were half off so I got them for 97 cents each.  ;D

Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

pacpix

« Reply #362 on: March 28, 2014, 09:02:20 pm »

Today I was at Goodwill and found in their display case a boxed Uninvited (NES).  It was missing the manual, but it had everything else looked pretty mint (probably 9/10).  I had to pay for it though, since it was in their display case ($50), but now I have all 3 Kemco point and click adventure games on the NES either boxed or CIB.

That boxed Uninvited is nice!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #363 on: March 28, 2014, 09:49:03 pm »

Cost me exactly $0. Ebay gave me a $10 credit to spend on anything for being a good seller!

BTW, damn that game is going for cheap. I got a complete copy, and my $10 credit completely covered it.

It got the kiss of death from critics for the most part, which really hurt sales. I found mine about a month ago for $6 at a pawn shop. Haven't got around to playing it, but for $6 I could care less if it's horrible :p

90snostalga

« Reply #364 on: March 28, 2014, 11:05:52 pm »
I added a few new interesting games to my collection recently.  From eBay I picked up:

NES
- Bomberman

N64
- Ogre Battle 64
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Resident Evil 2

Today I was at Goodwill and found in their display case a boxed Uninvited (NES).  It was missing the manual, but it had everything else looked pretty mint (probably 9/10).  I had to pay for it though, since it was in their display case ($50), but now I have all 3 Kemco point and click adventure games on the NES either boxed or CIB.

Nice grab on the Uninvited!   :)  That box looks like its in very good shape too.  I would have paid for it as well if it was me  8)...Again, nice condition boxed NES fine

Warmsignal

« Reply #365 on: March 28, 2014, 11:07:35 pm »

I'm wondering what to spend mine on. $10 ain't much for as much work as eBay actually is.

foxhack

« Reply #366 on: March 28, 2014, 11:32:01 pm »

Oh what the crap, I've been selling stuff there for seven years, have amazing feedback, rarely have problems, I even made like $400 this month alone - and I didn't get shit.

*shakes fist*

My recent purchases have included Predator: Concrete Jungle for the PS2 (in near mint shape except for a small cut right above the UPC, aaargh!) and a bunch of Steam games from bundles that I haven't added yet. I also stumbled upon The Punisher for the PS2 but the disc was gone, instead it had Marvel Vs Capcom 3 for the PS3.

anruiukimi

« Reply #367 on: March 29, 2014, 12:06:43 am »
I've gotten some other stuff, but I felt they deserve their own post.

So I'm a big Dragon Quest fan, and I tend to get fun, functional stuff (plushies are totally functional.) And when the rugs came up for sale, I knew I had to have them. :D

Three separate orders later, I will actually pack these up until I move back out again and I can actually use them.

First picture is my initial setup, my parents moved them around for the second shot. :P

Warmsignal

« Reply #368 on: March 29, 2014, 01:54:08 am »

My recent purchases have included Predator: Concrete Jungle for the PS2 (in near mint shape except for a small cut right above the UPC, aaargh!) and a bunch of Steam games from bundles that I haven't added yet. I also stumbled upon The Punisher for the PS2 but the disc was gone, instead it had Marvel Vs Capcom 3 for the PS3.

Is Concrete Jungle like a cult classic or something? I picked the game up last year for like $1 and figured it was some super obscure flop. Since then, I've heard people mention it a lot.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #369 on: March 29, 2014, 02:37:19 am »
With my tax refund, I finally bought a PlayStation Vita.  Also, added these two in my collection:

PC:
XCOM: Enemy Within

Sega Genesis:
X-Men

Please check out the games I have for sale.

karyann

« Reply #370 on: March 29, 2014, 10:36:48 am »
I tend to get fun, functional stuff (plushies are totally functional.)

They sure are! Why would I gather so many if it wasn't the case?  ::) (I'm a total sucker for goodies and various video game products. And plushies are EVERYWHERE)

That's some nice loot there  :D

« Reply #371 on: March 29, 2014, 10:42:31 am »

It got the kiss of death from critics for the most part, which really hurt sales. I found mine about a month ago for $6 at a pawn shop. Haven't got around to playing it, but for $6 I could care less if it's horrible :p

its more of an action game than a survival horror.
thats why it was so bad.
there is also a lot of  QTE

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #372 on: March 29, 2014, 10:45:15 am »
I finally bought a PlayStation Vita.

;D

Now you're playing with power  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #373 on: March 29, 2014, 10:58:14 am »

Is Concrete Jungle like a cult classic or something? I picked the game up last year for like $1 and figured it was some super obscure flop. Since then, I've heard people mention it a lot.

I think some would say it is a hidden gem, and it's Predator which is why many people bought it (myself included). It's a pretty meh game overall, the gameplay is clunky, but since you play as a Predator it can mostly be forgiven.

« Reply #374 on: March 29, 2014, 11:32:19 am »
Nothing terribly exciting found today, just some cheap grabs.

Xbox
Ninja Gaiden Black
Guilty Gear X2

Dreamcast
NFL QB Club 2001
Virtua Tennis
World Series Baseball 2K1

PC
Delta Force Black Hawk Down - I actually remember this being a surprisingly good multiplayer shooter.  It had maps where there seemed to be no real boundaries at times, so you could snipe from crazy distances and that was pretty cool at the time.

PS2
Guitar Hero - Just need one or two more and I have my collection on PS2 finished. Just getting the collection for the heck of it as I played Guitar Hero a ton on PS2 before moving to Xbox 360.