Author Topic: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 34761 times)

Bwigdahl

Re: November 2014 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2014, 06:38:13 pm »
yeah I've actually passed on quite a few copies of shenmue 2 on xbox here. don't really know why now that I think of it, they're usually like 5 bucks or even cheaper when I find them

Yeah, I find them quite often too, usually for really cheap. I think they typically go for like $15 -$20 CIB online, which still beats how much the import versions cost.
I actually just got back from the place I see it most often, but they didn't have it there. I was actually kinda disappointed, lol...

I did end up snagging a few things tho...

DS
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass

Dark Void

Wii
Resident Evil 4 (for free! :D )

argyle

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2014, 12:05:49 am »
I've had an interesting & nice couple of days game-finds wise. :) Yesterday I stopped in my local BB to trade in a couple - I don't want to get back into trading a lot, but I'm low on gaming funds & don't want to cancel my Smash Bros. - plus the 2 I traded were both new-ish games I haven't gotten to yet & I got  my money back out of them, so it's not so bad. Anyway, afterwards I was wandering around looking at their game section & I made my way over to their guides. I saw they still had the CE of the Dead Space 3 guide on the shelf - scanned it with the BB app on my phone & it said it was no longer available.

--Side note: for anyone that doesn't know, store are told every so often by the guide publishers to destroy the guides. Basically, they are reimbursed for the ones that don't sell & they are supposed to destroy them in exchange. The way this used to work is that the system would drop the price of them to .01, and the employees would get a list & go and pull them off the shelf. So it was fairly easy if you had a store that wasn't really on the ball & cashiers that didn't know/didn't care to find out which ones dropped, grab a bunch and buy them for practically nothing. Then BB decided instead of dropping the price to .01, the system would just say "not for sale". OK, now back to the story. ;) --

So I took it to the front, grabbed a soda on the way and played dumb. Girl rings up the guide, it says "not for sale", she looks confused & calls someone else. They call someone else, that guy goes to the back & talks to "the inventory guy" and finally comes back. He explains to me that it was supposed to have been pulled & destroyed (which I knew) but says if I buy 3 sodas he'll give it to me. I grab 2 more and am out the door at a little over $5. Would have paid that for the guide, so I'm happy. :)

The last night my wife and I went to Wal-Mart. She found an opened glow-in-the-dark Skylander figure on the clearance/damaged rack with no price. After finally finding someone who could check the price (the guy in the electronics dept. looked scared to death when I asked him & mumbled "this is only my 3rd day...") we found out it was $2. :D It hasn't been hurt, only the backing & front "shell" of the package had been removed, it was still in its inner plastic and had the card & everything.

Then today was the biggie. Hit my closest GS just checking out a few Wii games I noticed the inventory tracker said they had. They were all disk-only so it looked like a bust - then when scanning the shelf something jumped out at me - One Piece: Adventure Unlimited. :o For you non-Wii collectors, this game is RARE. I snatched it & checked out the case, everything looked pristine. Get to the front & the guy says it just came in, and that another employee had almost bought it this morning. He shows me the disk - immaculate, looks untouched. I left VERY happy! ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2014, 01:01:43 am »
[size=78%]Then today was the biggie. Hit my closest GS just checking out a few Wii games I noticed the inventory tracker said they had. They were all disk-only so it looked like a bust - then when scanning the shelf something jumped out at me - One Piece: Adventure Unlimited.[/size] :o [/size][size=78%] For you non-Wii collectors, this game is RARE. I snatched it & checked out the case, everything looked pristine. Get to the front & the guy says it just came in, and that another employee had almost bought it this morning. He shows me the disk - immaculate, looks untouched. I left VERY happy![/size] ;D

I found a copy of this at a GS around a year ago. Thought about getting it, but seeing that it was selling there for around the same price as Ebay, I passed on it. Have not seen it since, at least in the wild.

maximo310

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2014, 01:50:54 am »
[size=78%]Then today was the biggie. Hit my closest GS just checking out a few Wii games I noticed the inventory tracker said they had. They were all disk-only so it looked like a bust - then when scanning the shelf something jumped out at me - One Piece: Adventure Unlimited.[/size] :o [/size][size=78%] For you non-Wii collectors, this game is RARE. I snatched it & checked out the case, everything looked pristine. Get to the front & the guy says it just came in, and that another employee had almost bought it this morning. He shows me the disk - immaculate, looks untouched. I left VERY happy![/size] ;D

I found a copy of this at a GS around a year ago. Thought about getting it, but seeing that it was selling there for around the same price as Ebay, I passed on it. Have not seen it since, at least in the wild.
I really wanted to get this game back at launch a few years ago, since I was a huge One Piece fan back then. I don't know why I haven't gotten around to buying it yet, but I've seen how cool of a game it is and I'm pretty surprised its still the same price as it was when it was new.

argyle

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2014, 09:13:44 am »

I really wanted to get this game back at launch a few years ago, since I was a huge One Piece fan back then. I don't know why I haven't gotten around to buying it yet, but I've seen how cool of a game it is and I'm pretty surprised its still the same price as it was when it was new.

I used a coupon on it to knock it down to about $35 before tax. Given the like-new condition of it, I felt OK about paying that much for it. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2014, 09:49:22 am »
Just added 1 lonely GBC game: Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warriors
It was for free ^^
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

thekosmickollector

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2014, 04:13:13 pm »
Got a couple more over the past few days, Turok and Metal Gear Rising Revengeance for the 360. Turok was £2 and Metal Gear was £5. Not bad for either. Revengeance was one I've been looking to get for a while now and so far I'm really loving it

theflea

« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2014, 08:08:56 pm »
Pick up a few games from my local game stores and a cool game came in the mail.

XB360
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Limited Edition

3DO
- VR Stalker

GEN
- ToeJam & Earl: Panic on Funkatron
- The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants

NES
- 8-Bit Xmas 2014
This years light up Xmas cart has a new game and you can make ROB dance. lol

Been still working hard on the game room, and if you ever wanted to see what 1159 PS2 games look like here it is.

"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2014, 08:53:56 pm »

Been still working hard on the game room, and if you ever wanted to see what 1159 PS2 games look like here it is.

I know a couple local collectors around me who have around 1400 PS2 games in each of their collections. It is certainly a sight to behold, especially in person.

spac316

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2014, 03:26:14 am »
The other day I bought Sonic Mega Collection Plus and Intellivision Lives both for PS2. Never had an Intellivision or played any games on it so it'll be good to check out.

maximo310

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2014, 12:21:31 pm »
The other day I bought Sonic Mega Collection Plus and Intellivision Lives both for PS2. Never had an Intellivision or played any games on it so it'll be good to check out.
I'll warn you that the Sonic Mega Collection Plus emulation of games for PS2 is not as good as the Gamecube version of Sonic Mega Collection, but its still a decent collection overall if you can manage to unlock all of the games.

soera

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2014, 03:02:07 pm »
Not sure who all pays attention to my feed but I added a few items lately!

First, I made a score on three controllers that have been on my wish list. A new in box Freak series Dragon controller for the Xbox (leaving only the Alien infection as my last unopened freak series controller) a Sega Genesis arcade power stick and a brand new Crystal Sony PS3 controller from Japan.

Secondly, I was at a pawn store looking around and they had some Wii U's marked at $249 or $25 on layaway. I went to the counter to put it on layaway and the girl said it was $140 out the door. I gave her the money and went out the door!

Next, I made a trade with a guy on Nintendo Age for some NES games. I scored Jetsons, Galactic crusader, and Crystal mines. Its been a while since I added any NES carts to the wall so its nice to do so!

The wife ordered me a brand new Zelda Monopoly. We have yet to open it and play it but Im looking forward to it.

Picked up a Sephiroth new in package from Anruiukimi.

Finally narrowed the gap on my SMS NFR list by picking up Space harrier leaving 9 total to finish it.

davifus

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2014, 07:21:14 pm »
Purchase from Kenny arrived today.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2014, 07:36:04 pm »
@ soera

Jetsons is a good pick up.  I really like that game.

$140 for a WiiU is a damn steal. Well done.  Now you can get some of these sweet-ass games we've been talking about. Welcome to current gen.

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2014, 08:32:31 pm »
Not much for today in particular, but I did find Halo 2 on Xbox, Prince of Persian Forgotten Sands on 360, and Lord of the Rings Conquest on 360 at the Salvation Army for a buck a piece.  Don't know if those last two are any good as I might keep them.  Happy for the price though as just before this I had noticed they had some poor PS2 games up in the counter for like 7 bucks a pop, but now they are back to just not caring about the prices.  This one in particular has always been rather bipolar with its pricing lol

Shame the one that tends to get more games in is pricing them higher lately along with any systems.  50 bucks for a PS1? No...that's not good...