Author Topic: amiibo  (Read 47306 times)

bobster

Re: amiibo
« Reply #315 on: May 29, 2015, 04:19:36 pm »
Robin and Lucina are the times Im at work. :(

Is anyone able to hook my sad ass up with those two?
Well it's one per customer so sadly I can't  :(

And it will be a miracle if you can get your order in for that. I'm gonna try too, but I'm not getting my hopes up. ;)

On the bright side, my buddy scored me a Jigglypuff, so the only exclusive I'm missing is Greninja.
Yeah I'm really not hopeful, but hell it's not too much effort to try.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

bobster

« Reply #316 on: May 29, 2015, 06:44:36 pm »
Sorry for the double post but I just got back from running around for these things. Got a Greninja (my toysrus had a bunch o.O), charizard, silver mario, and wario. My Ness is in the mail. No jigglypuffs for me  :(. Robin and lucina seem super sold out lol

« Reply #317 on: May 29, 2015, 06:50:58 pm »
lol run back and pick up one for me.

argyle

« Reply #318 on: May 29, 2015, 06:57:12 pm »
I was refreshing the whole time, but apparently Lucina came into stock on Amazon & sold out and the page never even showed Amazon selling it for me.  ???
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #319 on: May 29, 2015, 07:24:48 pm »
lol run back and pick up one for me.
It's a half hour away and I'm done running around lol. I'll call tomorrow and see if they have any left though it's not likely.

I was refreshing the whole time, but apparently Lucina came into stock on Amazon & sold out and the page never even showed Amazon selling it for me.  ???

Yup same here. gone in 30 seconds. Confirmed by the guy from amazon on Reddit/r/amiibo. They got like 5 I think lol.

argyle

« Reply #320 on: May 29, 2015, 09:47:28 pm »
Sorry for the double post but I just got back from running around for these things. Got a Greninja (my toysrus had a bunch o.O), charizard, silver mario, and wario. My Ness is in the mail. No jigglypuffs for me  :(. Robin and lucina seem super sold out lol

Bobster, you are a gentleman and a scholar! Thanks to your encouraging story about still finding a Greninja late in the day, I went back out & checked out my TRU. What do you know, all of their Wave 4's were on a table close to the front & they still had quite a few Greninjas! :D I snagged 2 (my wife was with me, so she got the other - limit 1 per person) so if anyone gets an extra Lucina or Robin I'll trade.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #321 on: May 29, 2015, 09:51:37 pm »
These fucking things are worse than crack. How did I get sucked back in?  At least I can pass some up. I'm down to just getting the ones I like... except that damn Charizard. Why did I buy a damn pokemon?

bobster

« Reply #322 on: May 29, 2015, 09:52:01 pm »

Bobster, you are a gentleman and a scholar! Thanks to your encouraging story about still finding a Greninja late in the day, I went back out & checked out my TRU. What do you know, all of their Wave 4's were on a table close to the front & they still had quite a few Greninjas! :D I snagged 2 (my wife was with me, so she got the other - limit 1 per person) so if anyone gets an extra Lucina or Robin I'll trade.
Yay good job! That's awesome. I still need Jiggly puff, lucina, and robin  :(

« Reply #323 on: May 29, 2015, 10:25:40 pm »
Just waiting on Nes in the mail and Wave 4 will be complete. Surprised how easy it was to get these today.

« Reply #324 on: May 29, 2015, 10:34:51 pm »

i got these today

« Reply #325 on: May 29, 2015, 10:37:05 pm »
From what I heard, stores are generally getting more amiibo's starting with this wave, though I still imagine it'll be tough depending on the store itself, except for maybe Gamestop.  Was listening to the Amiibo News podcast last night that was saying places are trying to get more than just a couple with each shipment lol

« Reply #326 on: May 29, 2015, 10:41:45 pm »
From what I heard, stores are generally getting more amiibo's starting with this wave, though I still imagine it'll be tough depending on the store itself, except for maybe Gamestop.  Was listening to the Amiibo News podcast last night that was saying places are trying to get more than just a couple with each shipment lol

I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of stock each store had (went to Target, TRU and an Indi-shop that just starting carrying them), and with the exception of Greninja, I had the chance to get all of these and the ones i didn't get at least twice if I wanted. Even Lucina and Robin which seem to be the ones a lot of people had a hard time getting. I hope this is a sign to come because what I experienced today definitely gives me faith that Nintendo is finally starting to take this seriously.

« Reply #327 on: May 29, 2015, 10:42:33 pm »

my town had 1 robin and 1 lucina at meijers.
walmart did not get any amiibos at all.
target didnt get any Lucina or Robins. (i know as i was first in line)
best buy and game stop i dont know about as i had to go to work :(

« Reply #328 on: May 29, 2015, 10:44:02 pm »

I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of stock each store had (went to Target, TRU and an Indi-shop that just starting carrying them), and with the exception of Greninja, I had the chance to get all of these and the ones i didn't get at least twice if I wanted. Even Lucina and Robin which seem to be the ones a lot of people had a hard time getting. I hope this is a sign to come because what I experienced today definitely gives me faith that Nintendo is finally starting to take this seriously.

i think the stores limiting the amount people can buy helped a lot.

bobster

« Reply #329 on: May 29, 2015, 10:45:13 pm »
Yeah it's been better, but I still can't find robin or lucina. It seems stores around me didn't get any.