Author Topic: Proudest Gaming Accomplishments.  (Read 7334 times)

kashell

Proudest Gaming Accomplishments.
« on: January 07, 2015, 04:21:28 pm »
In this topic, post your proudest moments in gaming that make you smile with pride and make you want to shout from the rooftops. It can be something miniscule or something even the most seasoned gamer would bow down to; as long you feel fulfilled, it's an accomplishment. This is my first topic, so what better way to kick it (and the New Year) off than with getting to know each other some more and learning about everyone's special gaming moments. I'll mention a few of mine.

*Earning the platinum trophy in Star Ocean: The Last Hope -International- for the PlayStation 3. The amount of time and energy it took to earn this could have been used for other games, but I stuck to it and have one of the most rare trophies ever on the PSN. Luckily, I (usually) had fun going for this.

*Getting a perfect score on one of my favorite songs in Dance Dance Revolution is another one of my proudest moments. The song, B4U by Naoki, is a classic that I was determined to master. My feet were killing me by the end of the number, but I was super proud of the results.

*In Record of Agarest War, I got to the true ending without the use of a guide. That's something grand for an Idea Factory/Compile Heart game.

*Finishing the hardest song on the hardest mode of Elite Beat Agents. I barely passed, but a passing grade is a passing grade!

Post your proudest gaming accomplishments! I am super excited to read them.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Proudest Gaming Accomplishments.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 04:29:42 pm »
Beating Super Mario Bros.: Lost Levels without warping. That game is seriously hard.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 04:52:39 pm »
Good timing indeed, for this topic to come along ;D

Up until last week - I'd have said (and, have been saying for the last year or two) that getting the platinum for the PS3 RPG Cross Edge would be it. 

btw - I defy *anyone* to get THAT True End w/o using a guide...I say that it can't be done!

Now, however - my new answer would have to be getting the (21st NA!) platinum trophy for the PS3 SRPG Tears to Tiara 2: Heir of the Overlord 8)

Seriously.

Goddam!

Playing through, completing, & beating the 50-floor Bonus Dungeon was more time-consuming & difficult than *entire* games (Like Last Rebellion) to platinum :-\

As usually is the case, though - the more frustration, challenge, and learning from your mistakes & defeats (as amusingly humiliating as they can, may, and will be:) and in overcoming & beating seemingly impossible tasks & boss fights...equals the more pleasant & rewarding the victory and sense or feeling of accomplishment if/when you finally do it :)

I dunno, kash - does weeks/months of wooing & luring you away from G*FAQs to get your ass here count?! :o
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 05:56:00 pm »
Winning day 1 of NWC 1990. If only I had won on day 2 as well ....

Another one I have is some of the augment tasks that I did on Everquest solo. A lot of them were absolutely not meant to be done by 1 person and should have required a group of 6 people but the devs never considered what a super skilled bard could get away with.  8)

Completing my NA SMS CIB set. This may not actually be a game playing accomplishment but it is definitely something Im proud of.

Im sure there are plenty of other moments out there but these are a few that stand out to me.

maximo310

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 06:03:31 pm »
Getting 100% completion in Super Mario Sunshine without any guides.
Completing all the levels in Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2.( includes world 10 story mode levels for SMB2).
Getting a 1cc in Metal Slug 1, 2, and 5.
Getting a 1cc in Armored Warriors.
Getting a 1cc in DoDonPachi.
Getting through the cube rush in Gradius III.

The fourth and fifth ones on the list took about a year to complete, probably since they're considered to be some of the more difficult arcade games in that genre. DDP was the easier of the two, thanks to chaining+ score extends, but AW's default settings give no extends so you have little room to screw up. But they're both great games that I can come back to even just  for playing for fun.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 06:14:59 pm by maximo310 »

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 07:19:16 pm »
Beating a level of TimeSplitters past the easy difficulty...That game is so hard! Maybe it's just because I suck at FPS games.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 07:57:57 pm »
I guess mine would be beating Metal Gear Rising on Revengence difficulty. (You have to beat the game with out getting hit once and the enemies have like 10x more health!)

scott

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 08:05:53 pm »
Hmm

maybe something like...

100% Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on XLBA
Being one of the 1st 20 or so folks to 100% Guardian Heroes on XBLA
100% Castlevania Lords of Shadow and DLC... Playing a game I loathe the amount of time I had to is quite the accomplishment.
Being in the top 300 of Resogun's leaderboards at one time (before EU PS4 was released)
Beating Mega Man 2 w/o cheats as a kid.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 11:57:27 pm »
I was most accomplished when I beat dungeons of dredmor on steam on the hardest difficulty with permadeath on.  Its one of the only rougelike games I ever played and I was stoked to actually beat it without dying.  I had gotten to the final boss twice prior to that play through but couldn't figure out how to beat him til the third time I did it, but I beat him and wanna find some more to beat eventually, but the time I put in makes it unmotivating to start another from all the trial and error that goes into it.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 03:03:20 am »
Before I post mine, would using GameFAQs.com, strategy guides, or in-game exploits count against the achievement?

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 07:45:56 am »
Beating a level of TimeSplitters past the easy difficulty...That game is so hard! Maybe it's just because I suck at FPS games.

I love that game so much.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 07:53:20 am »
Before I post mine, would using GameFAQs.com, strategy guides, or in-game exploits count against the achievement?

nope

kashell

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 08:10:51 am »

nope

What he said. As long as you're proud of what you did, then it applies. I've been getting a kick out of reading some of these accomplishments. Some of them are really impressive.

I thought of another one: finishing 3D Dot Game Heroes on Spelunker Mode. As the name implies, you play as Spelunker who, in his own game, would die by doing just about anything. The same rules apply in 3D Dot Game Heroes. You were basically playing the game with OHKOs on. Actually, a lot of things in that game were challenging such as earning all of the swords, small blocks and completing the Bestiary.

retroone

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 08:59:46 am »
Getting all of the achievements for Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. These achievements are insane. "Get 500,000 points on Columns." "Beat Dr. Robotniks Machine" "Get 1,500,000 points in Super Thunder Blade." Nevertheless I 100% That is 1 achievement to sure be proud of.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 09:47:51 am »
Getting all of the achievements for Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. These achievements are insane. "Get 500,000 points on Columns." "Beat Dr. Robotniks Machine" "Get 1,500,000 points in Super Thunder Blade." Nevertheless I 100% That is 1 achievement to sure be proud of.

Anyone know if that games PS' trophies & MS' achievements are identical?

If so...learn something new every day, I suppose - I'd heard & been under the impression that the GEN Collection was one of the easiest games to plat.

Can't speak from personal experience, though - having never booted it up myself yet.