Author Topic: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 36500 times)

theflea

Re: February 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2015, 11:22:44 pm »
flea I'm jealous. Nice one on that Samson. I will have it.

I know how you feel, I thought I'd never get this game but I decided to sell enough of my extras to enough credit to get some of those "rare" games I've always wanted. It also helps I found a seller who was a fellow collector who worked with me a deal that was way under what most people are selling it for. (the guy had 3 copies of Little Samson) He has a complete NES set CIB, A complete set Loose and a third near complete set mixed with loose and CIB and he was selling that third set. I was playing all day yesterday, great game.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

pacpix

« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2015, 02:18:55 am »
I did not go to Target at 2 AM, but I did get my copy of Majoras Mask 3D in the mail today!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

argyle

« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2015, 05:41:37 am »
Those Majora's Mask 3DS's make me sad  :'(

But I'll live somehow.  Have till next week to get my Majora's Mask Limited Edition game along with my New 3DS, which might be in tomorrow.  In the meantime, I picked up the last collectors's edition they had of the strategy guide.  Doesn't seem like anyone else has this around me.  A few of the regular one though.

Funny story - I managed to get in on the second round of MM CE preorders that Gamestop did the day it was announced, but that was when they bundled the CE guide with it and forced you to order both. I collect the guides as well, but wanted to get it from Amazon to get a cheaper price. Talked to one of my GS employee friends and he said I could return the guide at the store no problem, so I planned to do that & then just order one off of Amazon. So I thought about that earlier this week & decided to see what Amazon was currently selling the guide for - pulled it up, and what do you know, they're sold out. So I pull up Gamestop's site - same thing. Now hearing stories like yours, I'm thinking it was a blessing in disguise that I had to order the guide as well because at least now I'll have it. Once it comes in (Monday it looks like - according to tracking it's in town now but shipped so that it will only deliver on business days  :-\ ) I'm gonna return & rebuy the game & guide so I can get the 20% discount GS gives when you buy the guide w/ the game.

On a related note, while I was looking for the guide on Amazon I saw that the cheapest price they had listed on the Link Between Worlds CE guide was $120! :o Figuring this was a case of Amazon sellers being too optimistic I pulled up ebay & looked at the recent completed auctions. It's selling for that much or more for new copies, and used ones aren't too far behind. I picked that one up when it came out luckily, even tho I still don't have the game for some unknown reason. I'm VERY glad I didn't decide to wait until I got the game to try to get that guide!  :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2015, 11:21:04 am »

On a related note, while I was looking for the guide on Amazon I saw that the cheapest price they had listed on the Link Between Worlds CE guide was $120! :o Figuring this was a case of Amazon sellers being too optimistic I pulled up ebay & looked at the recent completed auctions. It's selling for that much or more for new copies, and used ones aren't too far behind. I picked that one up when it came out luckily, even tho I still don't have the game for some unknown reason. I'm VERY glad I didn't decide to wait until I got the game to try to get that guide!  :D

What the hell  :o I'm glad I got the Link Between Worlds one even before owning the game, but now I'm totally beating myself for not ordering the Majora's Mask guide... Damn it. There goes my complete Zelda CE Guide, probably never going to be complete anymore  :( I don't even know why I thought I could buy it later, seeing how 1- the CE guides always get rare, and 2- NoA has some serious quantities issues recently. I totally derped on that!

bobster

« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2015, 12:23:44 pm »
Those Majora's Mask 3DS's make me sad  :'(

But I'll live somehow.  Have till next week to get my Majora's Mask Limited Edition game along with my New 3DS, which might be in tomorrow.  In the meantime, I picked up the last collectors's edition they had of the strategy guide.  Doesn't seem like anyone else has this around me.  A few of the regular one though.

Funny story - I managed to get in on the second round of MM CE preorders that Gamestop did the day it was announced, but that was when they bundled the CE guide with it and forced you to order both. I collect the guides as well, but wanted to get it from Amazon to get a cheaper price. Talked to one of my GS employee friends and he said I could return the guide at the store no problem, so I planned to do that & then just order one off of Amazon. So I thought about that earlier this week & decided to see what Amazon was currently selling the guide for - pulled it up, and what do you know, they're sold out. So I pull up Gamestop's site - same thing. Now hearing stories like yours, I'm thinking it was a blessing in disguise that I had to order the guide as well because at least now I'll have it. Once it comes in (Monday it looks like - according to tracking it's in town now but shipped so that it will only deliver on business days  :-\ ) I'm gonna return & rebuy the game & guide so I can get the 20% discount GS gives when you buy the guide w/ the game.

Yeah I made the mistake of not ordering the Link Between Worlds CE Guide and I learned how screwed I was about a month ago. Man I wish I could find one of those for a nice price :(
Currently Playing: The Witcher

scott

« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2015, 12:29:23 pm »
Ran to the game store for some model paints and checked out their PS2 section.

Walked away with this for $2, complete. Usually I only ever see Winback 2 in stores, so I had to snag it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2015, 12:41:14 pm »
Nintendo is having to keep inventory low due to their financial situation. Quantities were always limited, but it seems even more extreme now. Even though these guides sell for crazy amounts on the secondary market - Nintendo wouldn't be able to sell through the extra quantity.

In one way I like that the secondary market helps drive sales for Nintendo, but on the other hand it is the most annoying thing about collecting in my opinion.

What the hell  :o I'm glad I got the Link Between Worlds one even before owning the game, but now I'm totally beating myself for not ordering the Majora's Mask guide... Damn it. There goes my complete Zelda CE Guide, probably never going to be complete anymore  :( I don't even know why I thought I could buy it later, seeing how 1- the CE guides always get rare, and 2- NoA has some serious quantities issues recently. I totally derped on that!
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #127 on: February 14, 2015, 12:54:42 pm »
Nintendo is having to keep inventory low due to their financial situation. Quantities were always limited, but it seems even more extreme now. Even though these guides sell for crazy amounts on the secondary market - Nintendo wouldn't be able to sell through the extra quantity.

In one way I like that the secondary market helps drive sales for Nintendo, but on the other hand it is the most annoying thing about collecting in my opinion.

Nintendo doesn't make the guides Prima does, so if anything Prima is buying the rights to make the strategy guides.

karyann

« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2015, 12:54:57 pm »

I don't know, Nintendo has enough money in the bank to live another 25 years of high deficit and still be alive. I don't think they lack money to print stuff before making profit by selling them  :-\ And, though demand is increased by the current rarity, I'm pretty sure they could calculate the magic number where offer and demand cross.

« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2015, 01:16:22 pm »
Bummed to hear that about the Link Between Worlds strategy guide.  I've been collecting the hard back ones for a little bit and wasn't focused on them when that released.  Crazy how much it is selling for.  30 to 50 bucks for it used? I wonder why that one is so expensive.  All the others ones don't seem to be like that.

numing

« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2015, 04:08:55 pm »
Picked up Dynasty Warriors Next for the Vita. I know next to nothing about the quality of this game, but it was fairly cheap so I thought 'why not?' :P I'll probably give it a try in a couple of weeks.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2015, 05:43:32 pm »
My wife is awesome!

I came into my room after coming back from getting my stereo replaced in my car (from it getting broke into and stolen). And in my room is a GameStop bag that says Happy Valentine's Day with this inside!

I am now officially current-gen on my consoles (not counting my 3DS)!

Just waiting on the controller to charge now...

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2015, 05:55:32 pm »
My wife is awesome!

I came into my room after coming back from getting my stereo replaced in my car (from it getting broke into and stolen). And in my room is a GameStop bag that says Happy Valentine's Day with this inside!

I am now officially current-gen on my consoles (not counting my 3DS)!

Just waiting on the controller to charge now...

Awesome, great wife!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

gf78

« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2015, 06:25:39 pm »
Today's new additions. 

Brain Age 2 for DS

Parappa the Rapper, Medievil Ressurection, Death Jr. limited edition and Death Jr. 2 for PSP

Looney Tunes Sheep Raider, Need for Speed, Gex, Turbo Prop Racing, Cardinal Syn, Duke Nukem Time to Kill and Total Meltdown, Crash Team Racing and Crash Bandicoot 2 for PSOne

Evolve for PS4 (had a Target gift card)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

jcalder8

« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2015, 07:09:00 pm »