Author Topic: Ni no Kuni for PS3  (Read 35968 times)

Re: Ni no Kuni for PS3
« Reply #300 on: January 31, 2013, 03:11:48 pm »
I found mitey to be pretty tough ... but maybe I havent gotten to the point where he is outnumbered. He seems to be the only familiar I have that I truely like. Which makes fights kind of monotonous. Im sure Ill get better ones in the future. :D

He has lower stats than most familiars, but his awesome early abilities keep him strong.  At least for the first half of the game.  There are several faster, stronger familiars that don't get comparable abilities until their second or third morph.  So they are a bit painful at first but come into their own later on.

soera

« Reply #301 on: January 31, 2013, 03:22:54 pm »
Im still using him. He is now on his final metamorph as Dynamite. Even at lower levels, he still takes and gives hits better than anything else Ive found. Which ones are you using that you find better?

desocietas

« Reply #302 on: January 31, 2013, 06:41:00 pm »
Too many spoilers! This forum needs a spoiler nesting feature.  :)

For those of you who want a chance at all physical things Ni No Kuni still:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=548437698509433&set=a.429514310401773.104210.358130007540204&type=1
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #303 on: January 31, 2013, 07:47:41 pm »
Im still using him. He is now on his final metamorph as Dynamite. Even at lower levels, he still takes and gives hits better than anything else Ive found. Which ones are you using that you find better?

With the main character I'm currently using Cutpurrse, Najalisk and Pond Pom

soera

« Reply #304 on: January 31, 2013, 07:55:41 pm »
I have cutpurrse on Swaine ... I havent gotten any of the Najas yet and dont even know what that last one is.

psydswipe

« Reply #305 on: February 01, 2013, 06:10:24 am »
I saw a dinoceros last night. Not sure if it's good since I couldn't tame it but it looked cool. Has anyone tamed a familiar with a planet sign? I have yet to see any but maybe they only show up late in the game. I've got three double sign familiars which I've kept in my rotation assuming that's worth having even if the familiars aren't the greatest.

soera

« Reply #306 on: February 01, 2013, 09:32:34 am »
I have not payed too much attention to the sign on the familiars (other than the fact that most of mine are star which means morphing them into the final form is something Ive had to be picky about).

Ive been trying to recruit more but mitey still #1! :D

soera

« Reply #307 on: February 01, 2013, 12:02:48 pm »
I do have a question (Im sure I could just cheat and look online but I really dont like that unless Im on my last options). Has anyone figured out how to get familiars past the 10/10 and get more familiarity? My little mitey is 10/10 now and almost 2 hearts but I cant seem to gain anymore. :|

« Reply #308 on: February 01, 2013, 04:24:05 pm »
I do have a question (Im sure I could just cheat and look online but I really dont like that unless Im on my last options). Has anyone figured out how to get familiars past the 10/10 and get more familiarity? My little mitey is 10/10 now and almost 2 hearts but I cant seem to gain anymore. :|

Yep!  You have to fill out that second heart by giving treats, then you'll be 10/20.  Third heart will increase capacity by another 10, so on and so forth to a max of 50.  Each family of familiar has a certain kind of treat they like best that will fill those hearts faster.  Give him some chocolate (milite family) and you should get that second heart pretty quick.

desocietas

« Reply #309 on: February 01, 2013, 04:26:45 pm »
Man, all this game talk makes me want to go out and buy a PS3 :( but I don't have time to drop on this! :'( #gamerproblems
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #310 on: February 01, 2013, 07:23:14 pm »
I saw a dinoceros last night. Not sure if it's good since I couldn't tame it but it looked cool. Has anyone tamed a familiar with a planet sign? I have yet to see any but maybe they only show up late in the game. I've got three double sign familiars which I've kept in my rotation assuming that's worth having even if the familiars aren't the greatest.

I was wondering the same, I have not seen one yet but also have tamed a few double signs.

soera

« Reply #311 on: February 01, 2013, 07:24:43 pm »

Yep!  You have to fill out that second heart by giving treats, then you'll be 10/20.  Third heart will increase capacity by another 10, so on and so forth to a max of 50.  Each family of familiar has a certain kind of treat they like best that will fill those hearts faster.  Give him some chocolate (milite family) and you should get that second heart pretty quick.

I try to give him treats and he doesnt do anything but eat it. Nothing rises. He is a single one green square treat from another point of magic attack but when I feed him, it doesnt raise the bar, just adds to the fullness.

I tamed 2 different ice queens today. One was single sign, one was double sign. Had them both at the same time. The double sign had +1 of 4 of the stats and like +30 on magic defense and magic attack. I quickly went and released the other one. :)

soera

« Reply #312 on: February 01, 2013, 07:26:06 pm »
Man, all this game talk makes me want to go out and buy a PS3 :( but I don't have time to drop on this! :'( #gamerproblems

Drop all those other games you are playing! I was almost thinking its time to empty out the game room of every game I own and just make it into a Ni no Kuni room. Its that good.  8)

desocietas

« Reply #313 on: February 01, 2013, 09:10:29 pm »
Drop all those other games you are playing! I was almost thinking its time to empty out the game room of every game I own and just make it into a Ni no Kuni room. Its that good.  8)

Ha, I'm not playing *any* games right now 'cause I don't have any time... I wasted a bunch of time gaming instead of making art, and now it's biting me in the a$$...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #314 on: February 01, 2013, 09:39:58 pm »
Man It PISSES ME OFF that folks are gutting the Wizards Editions and selling them all off piece by piece. It's just so fucking wrong.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread