Author Topic: Ni no Kuni for PS3  (Read 36112 times)

soera

Re: Ni no Kuni for PS3
« Reply #315 on: February 01, 2013, 10:18:07 pm »
Yep there is so much greed out there, its distasteful. I saw a few people actually trying to sell the Drippy plushie alone for almost $200 BIN. What kind of crap is that? While Im happy I got mine and that it truely is a limited edition for a change, I really do feel for the people that got fucked out of theirs by assholes who are only buying to screw over someone for a few hundred dollars. Its also pretty horrible watching the Facebook page and seeing them have all these posts about how to win a copy when they cancelled so many orders otherwise.

darko

« Reply #316 on: February 01, 2013, 10:19:27 pm »
Man It PISSES ME OFF that folks are gutting the Wizards Editions and selling them all off piece by piece. It's just so fucking wrong.

Yeah, I finally decided just to download the super high res (400+ MB) PDF of the thing that's floating around on the Internet. I'm considering just having it printed off on a similar weight paper to a guide and having the pages bound with a nice hardback leather cover. IDK...

scott

« Reply #317 on: February 01, 2013, 11:48:16 pm »
I finally got to put in some play time again ... and man, is this game boring or what!?

Just kidding, its sweet! I'm still pretty early though and am hovering between level 7 and 8. Just got my second familiar and am really wanting to just get ahold of my Griffy.

I just entered the Well area and had to leave. Was thoroughly getting my ass handed to me in there. So I went outside and have been packing up for a bit. Then went back to it. I should be good for a bit, level wise.

Edit, for god awful auto corrects...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 11:50:40 pm by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

psydswipe

« Reply #318 on: February 03, 2013, 04:08:37 pm »
I'm about 40 hours in now and I think I'm close to the end. I've been trying to do all the errands and I'm down to one though I'm sure it will lead to another. Also don't have any bounty hunts remaining at this time but to purchase all of the remaining merit rewards it would cost 16 more cards. Either there are a lot more errands to unlock or you can't purchase them all, or they carry over into a second game? I'm having a hard time completing one of those tame a few familiars errands. It took me 45 kills of one familiar just to get a chance to tame it  :( Unfortunately, I still have to tame one more of something, though I've not figured out what it is yet.

I got the dinoceros familiar and it is good but slow. Its size also gets in the way of lining up attacks. I'm on the second stage of the creature, level 11 maybe, and with the items equipped it has 307 attack and 241 defense. On the first stage it only goes up to level ten so it's quick to morph to the next.

soera

« Reply #319 on: February 03, 2013, 04:22:48 pm »
I am down to 2 errands left. I can not find another jade for the life of me and the most current tame task (one fully metamorphed thing to go). I am not sure Im going to be able to fill all the cards either but a few of them I really dont care if I get or not. All my bounty hunts are done too. Ive been playing with the familiars more. I still like Mitey the most but the pirate cat is pretty cool and the jackrabbot is pretty strong too. I finally gave up on the green buncher. He is simply too slow to continue using. I got me a Tokotoko but leveling those is a nightmare.

I still havent seen a Dinoceros.

psydswipe

« Reply #320 on: February 03, 2013, 06:20:55 pm »
The dinoceros hangs out on the steppes around the desert. Saw him both near the border between the desert and Castaway Cove area and near the building that had the trials. I have another member of the dracones genus that is good, has four star attack and movement though I can't recall what it's name is. It's a duck I believe and a light turquoise color. I don't think I've seen a planet sign familiar still so they must be really rare or only in the final area.

« Reply #321 on: February 03, 2013, 07:41:35 pm »
soo who got jumping???
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

soera

« Reply #322 on: February 03, 2013, 08:03:34 pm »
First thing!

jobocan

« Reply #323 on: February 03, 2013, 08:26:34 pm »
Is jumping useful at all? Just checking. I'm in the fairy village and only got 2 things from the merit stamp cards so far.

Quite enjoying the game right now, and doing all the Swift Solutions stuff along the way. My only problem so far is... well, most of my monsters are Star types, and I've only had one stardrop so far. Oh, and I like that the book in the Wizard Edition can be used to help in-game, like having all the Alchemy recipes, and being easier to read that reading it on the screen.

soera

« Reply #324 on: February 03, 2013, 08:34:39 pm »
Most of the familiars are star based. It sucks when you start getting to the final metamorph cause you run out of the jumbos fast.

Jumping doesnt really have much of a use. Ive actually jumped over a low end fight I didnt want to do once. Otherwise, the only use I have found for it was to move a little bit faster in the rooms in towns.

I have 4 options left on the bottom row of the merit rewards (4,4,4,5 cost) but the completion thing is only 75% so Im guessing there is going to be enough stuff to get every reward.

psydswipe

« Reply #325 on: February 04, 2013, 05:58:16 am »
Is jumping useful at all? Just checking. I'm in the fairy village and only got 2 things from the merit stamp cards so far.

It's not but you have to get it eventually. You have to fill the whole first line before the next line will unlock.

One amusing familiar is the third stage of the Whambat. Although the other form looked better as far as stats, I chose Captain Whamtastic because he has sunglasses on (his outfit looks like a superhero too)  8)

jobocan

« Reply #326 on: February 04, 2013, 07:36:07 am »

It's not but you have to get it eventually. You have to fill the whole first line before the next line will unlock.

Oh >_<
I never picked up anything (other than faster movement on the world map/boat) because I don't really care about any of them, I wanted to wait and see if anything else I preferred ended up popping up later instead of just wasting all my cards. Bleh.

soera

« Reply #327 on: February 04, 2013, 08:54:12 am »
Psy, you try leveling up a Toko? Man that is a rough ride!

psydswipe

« Reply #328 on: February 04, 2013, 11:26:58 am »
Psy, you try leveling up a Toko? Man that is a rough ride!

Well, I'm still playing on easy  :P Turns out I wasn't as close to the end as I thought. Not sure if more errands opened up but there is definitely more story to go.

« Reply #329 on: February 04, 2013, 12:28:32 pm »
I bought the jumping first.. Thought I could just jump right down to the treasure chest behind the house where the flower pot is or jump over the flower pot.... no luck though :( an I refuse to use the strategy guide on this :)
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual