Author Topic: 52 Games Challenge 2022  (Read 32118 times)

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

Re: 52 Games Challenge 2022
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2021, 01:25:39 pm »
Hmmm, I’ll go ahead and reserve a spot too.
Just like Soera said, I don’t think I can come anywhere near 52 games finished in the next year (between job and family I just don’t have the time) but I’m going to use this spot to keep track. What helps is the multi-game compilations I recently got (Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection on PS3 and the Coregrafx Mini I got for Christmas); completing some of those games should help my total :D

1. Streets of Rage 2 1/1/22 (Genesis, played on PS3)
2. Blazing Lazers 1/2/22 (Coregrafx Mini)
3. Super Star Soldier 1/11/22 (Coregrafx Mini)
4. Lords of Thunder 1/12/22 (Coregrafx Mini)
5. Soldier Blade 1/13/22 (Coregrafx Mini)
6. Seirei Senshi Spriggan 1/14/22 (Coregrafx Mini)
7. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 1/15/22 (SNES, played on Switch)
8. Star Parodier 1/26/22 (Coregrafx Mini)
9. S.C.A.T. 1/28/22 (NES, played on Switch)
10. Mass Effect 1 Legendary Edition 2/5/22 (PS4)
11. Mass Effect 2 Legendary Edition 3/9/22 (PS4)
12. X-Men 3/12/22 (arcade)
13. Mass Effect 3 Legendary Edition 4/12/22 (PS4)
14. Streets of Rage 4 4/18/22 (PS4, on Hard with Max)
15. Sonic 3 4/23/22 (Genesis, played on PS3)
16. Metroid Fusion 5/14/22 (GBA)
17. Golden Axe 2 5/14/22 (Genesis, played on PS3)
18. Super Mario Bros 5/16/22 (NES, played on Switch)
19. Golden Axe 5/18/22 (Genesis, played on PS3)
20. Streets of Rage 5/20/22 (Genesis, played on PS3)
21. R-Type 6/11/22 (Coregrafx Mini)
22. Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo 6/12/22 (Coregrafx Mini)
23. Metroid Zero Mission 6/24/22 (GBA)
24. Castlevania Symphony of the Night 7/3/22 (PS1)
25. Street Fighter II Champion Edition 7/3/22 (Arcade, played on PS4)
26. Super Street Fighter II 7/3/22 (Arcade, played on PS4)
27. Street Fighter Alpha 2 7/6/22 (Arcade, played on PS4)
28. Street Fighter Alpha 7/16/22 (Arcade, played on PS4)
29. TMNT Shredder’s Revenge 7/17/22 (PS4)
30. Shinobi 8/20/22 (Arcade, played on PS3)
31. Splatterhouse 8/27/22 (Coregrafx Mini)
32. Street Fighter Alpha 3 8/31/22 (Arcade, played on PS4)
33. Street Fighter II Turbo 9/4/22 (Arcade, played on PS4)
34. Street Fighter II 9/4/22 (Arcade, played on PS4)
35. Shinobi III 9/5/22 (Genesis, played on PS3)
36. Super Castlevania IV 9/10/22 (SNES, played on PS4)
37. TMNT IV: Turtles in Time 9/14/22 (SNES, played on PS4)
38. TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan 9/14/22 (GB, played on PS4)
39. TMNT 9/14/22 (Arcade, played on PS4)
40. Theatre of Magic 12/28/22 (pinball, successfully completed Grand Finale)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 10:27:25 pm by undertakerprime »

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2021, 01:47:59 pm »
Reserved!
1. Rogue Trooper (In progress)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 12:06:55 pm by koemo1 »
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

kashell

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2021, 09:03:16 am »
I'd like to reserve a room, please. I'll be using my points so if you could upgrade me to a suite that'd be great. I'll be sending for the rest of my things later.

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2021, 10:55:52 am »
I will join in on this, maybe it will help me keep up on my collection and get back in the routine of playing regularly.  The games were selected using a random number generator, since I was not really sure where to start or what to play.  Hopefully I can make it though at least half of these.

In-progress:
  • MechAssault (Xbox)
  • U.N. Squadron (SNES)

Completed:
  • Alan Wake (X360)
  • Samurai Spirits (Super Famicom)

Wishlist/Backlog:
  • Assassin's Creed II (PS3)
  • Bakugan: Defenders of the Core (PS3)
  • The Bard's Tale (NES)
  • Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
  • Beowulf: The Game (PS3)
  • Burnout Legends (PSP)
  • Devil May Cry 4 (PS3)
  • Elebits (Wii)
  • Grand Theft Auto IV & Episodes from Liberty City - The Complete Edition (PS3)
  • Heavenly Sword (PS3)
  • Hidden Invasion (PS2)
  • Hydrophobia: Prophecy (PSN/PS3)
  • Jet Moto 2 (PSX)
  • Jet Set Radio (PSN/PS3)
  • Killzone 2 (PS3)
  • Kung Fu Rider (PS3)
  • Lego Jurassic World (3DS)
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS4)
  • Lemmings (PSP)
  • MadWorld (Wii)
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4)
  • Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (PS2)
  • Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)
  • Metro Exodus (PS4)
  • The Misadventures of Tron Bonne (PSN/PS3)
  • Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3)
  • N3: Ninety-Nine Nights (X360)
  • Nex Machina (PSN/PS4)
  • Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (NES)
  • Rayman Legends - Definitive Edition (Switch)
  • Resident Evil 4 (Wii)
  • Resident Evil: Code: Veronica X (PS2)
  • RoadBlasters (NES)
  • Robo-Squash (Lynx)
  • Shadow of the Beast (Lynx)
  • Shadowrun (SNES)
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3)
  • SteamWorld Collection (PS4)
  • Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Collection (Switch)
  • Tiger-Heli (NES)
  • Time Crisis 4 (PS3)
  • Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Dreamcast)
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (Dreamcast)
  • Transformers: The Game (Wii)
  • Trauma Center: New Blood (Wii)
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)
  • Unreal II: The Awakening (Xbox)
  • Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom (PS3)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 04:37:24 pm by cbates002 »

telekill

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2021, 11:32:08 am »
There's just no way in hell I'll find the time to even beat 20 games with my current lack of game time. Hats off to those of you undertaking this challenge annually.

Here's where I'm at...

In progress:
 - Mass Effect 3 (trying to play all side missions and DLC).
 - Guardians of the Galaxy (just finished the 3rd chapter)
 - Sonic Mania (Tails run -- trying to get all Chaos Emeralds)
 - Hunt: Showdown (is there an end game to this?)

Plan to play in 2022:
 - Mass Effect Andromeda
 - Uncharted 4 (PS5 upgrade)
 - Uncharted Lost Legacy (PS5 upgrade)
 - Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge (Switch and PS5 if available)
 - Instinction (if it releases in 2022)
 - God of War Ragnarok (if it releases in 2022)
 - Horizon 2 (PS5)
 - Jurassic Park (Game Gear and Genesis)
 - Sonic Triple Trouble (Game Gear)
 - Resident Evil 5 (PS4)
 - Witcher 3 (PS5 upgrade)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 03:18:55 pm by telekill »

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2021, 11:52:13 am »
I would like to reserve a spot as well! I have been trying to complete as many games as possible for a couple of years, but sadly have never attempted a challenge like this. I probably will not make the 52 game mark, but I am willing to challenge myself to meet this goal! I was planning on having my fellow gaming friends together and have a backlog draft as sort of a bonus challenge! I wish everyone good luck and happy gaming!
Currently Playing: Game & Wario

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2022, 03:17:42 pm »
First day of the year, first game beat!

1. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (PS2)

I have a lot of fond memories of the first three Tony Hawk Pro Skater games, especially 2 and 3. A friend of mine had the first Tony Hawk and that was how I was first introduced to the series, but it was 2 that really got me into. When 3 came out I'm pretty sure I bought it day one and proceeded to obsessively play it alone and with friends for some time. However, the question that has been fingering in my mind for some time now is whether I like Pro Skater 2 or 3 more.

Well, I finally have an answer. While I really like Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 and certainly prefer it to the first entry in the series, it just hasn't stood the test of time as well as THPS2. There are a variety of reason for this, however the primary one is the level design. THPS3's levels are quite a bit larger and just don't have as good of flow or design as most of the levels in 2. Don't get me wrong, there are some great levels in THPS3, but overall 2 definitely has the advantage here. My other gripe s with THPS3's graphics. While not terrible they just don't look that impressive even for the time the game came out. They almost look like texture upgrades to the second game, albeit slightly better in various ways. One thing that 3 definitely has an advantage over 2 is its OST. While the quality of each game's soundtrack is going to be fairly subjective, I just felt like most of the music in 3 was better, not just in terms of the quality in the songs, but also they just seemed to fit better with the theme of the game. While I can't say I like THPS3 as much as I used to back in 2001, I still really enjoyed it and it's certanly one of those awesome, must play PS2 games. (1/1/22) [38/50]

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2022, 02:17:40 am »
Beat another games just right before midnight, giving me two games already for the year :p

2. Samurai Shodown (1993) (PS4)

This game mesmerized me in arcades in the 90s; I remember just watching the demo reel play and being stunned by how cool and fun this game looked. Sadly when I went to play it I was always lucky to make it to the second fighter lol. But still, this game is stunning and one of the best looking 2D fighting games ever made. It was certainly the best looking fighting game for its time, even better than Street Fighter 2. The OST is also top notch and perfectly goes with the visuals and theme of the game. Unfortunately Samurai Shodown's biggest drawback is its gameplay. To put it lightly, this game is freakin hard as hell, and that isn't necessarily by design. There are some cheap as hell characters that span block and other moves, and also the parry and counter mechanics can often feel delayed and clunky at times. It's still a very fun game, but it would be even better if this system were improved, which it eventually would be in later installments. Still, as a first attempt in the franchise, this game is awesome and absolutely a classic of 90s arcades! (1/1/22) [38/50]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 02:37:28 am by bikingjahuty »

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2022, 08:29:18 pm »
First game of the year!!! HERE WE GOOOOO!!!

1. Gears of War: Judgement (360)

Continuing with my Gears franchise play through I started in 2021, next on the list was Judgement. This must be the worst Gears game so far. I have no damn idea why they decided to go mission based with this one, but really interrupts the game play and makes for what feels like a choppy story. Its weird too, because if they just stuck to their normal format, this wouldn’t be that bad of a game, but it’s just too damn hard to ignore. Beat 1/2/22

Also not sure if anyone is interested in following me on Instagram, but I will also be posting there using #52gamechallenge

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYP9n-StzZ9/

kashell

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2022, 09:24:38 pm »
Two games down so far.

1. Demon Gaze - an excellent dungeon crawler. It has a rough start but after the first couple of hours it's a ton of fun.

2. Mighty Gunvolt Burst. I finished Copen's campaign.

Continuing with my Gears franchise play through I started in 2021, next on the list was Judgement. This must be the worst Gears game so far. I have no damn idea why they decided to go mission based with this one, but really interrupts the game play and makes for what feels like a choppy story. Its weird too, because if they just stuck to their normal format, this wouldn’t be that bad of a game, but it’s just too damn hard to ignore. Beat 1/2/22

Also not sure if anyone is interested in following me on Instagram, but I will also be posting there using #52gamechallenge

Following!!

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2022, 09:58:37 pm »

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2022, 10:24:27 pm »

Following!!

Ditto. Also, that's the only one I haven't played, but it sounds like I'm not missing much.

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2022, 10:33:33 pm »

Ditto. Also, that's the only one I haven't played, but it sounds like I'm not missing much.

Thanks for the follow! and yea you really arent missing much lol

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2022, 02:31:05 am »
Soooo, I'm on a bit of a Samurai Shodown kick....

3. Samurai Shodown II (PS4)

While this game wasn't vastly better than the first Samurai Shodown game, it was just enough to make it a more enjoyable fun experience. I'd say that both games are equal when it comes to visuals and audio, but the tweaks to Samurai Shodown 2's gameplay make it a more enjoyable game. There are still super cheap characters that could have spent more time in development, but overall I really enjoyed this game. (1/2/22) [39/50]

4. Samurai Shodown III (PS4)

This game is a perfect example of one step forward, three steps back. The character sprites and animation were an improvement over the previous two games, but honestly that's about it when it comes to advantages this game has over previous titles. The gameplay is by far the compromised part of Samurai Shodown III, mostly that it's new mechanics just make this game cumbersome and annoying to play most of the time. Not only that, but in changing the gameplay they also made a lot of characters extremely OPed, cheap, or just broken too. There are other minor gripes I have about III, but the gameplay was definitely the element that held this game back the most and prevented me from enjoying it more. (1/2/22) [31/50]

5. Samurai Shodown IV (PS4)

Fortunately SNK realized they screwed up big time with III and fixed most of the issues hat game had, and maybe even slightly over corrected. What we have with IV is a much more enjoyable, easy to play game, with the emphasis on the word easy. For better or worse, IV is a walk in the park compared to I and II, and quite a bit easier than III by virtue of it actually being way more playable. Sadly, I felt like both III's visuals and audio were just slightly better than IV's. On top of that by the time Samurai Shodown IV came out the series was no longer the stunningly beautiful franchise it was in the early 90s when it first came out, and companies like Capcom and Midway were making better looking fighting games at this point. But still, the fact that the gameplay was mostly fixed made this a much more enjoyable game than its predecessor. (1/2/22) [33/50]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 02:37:49 am by bikingjahuty »

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2022, 04:51:22 am »
Soooo, I'm on a bit of a Samurai Shodown kick....

3. Samurai Shodown II (PS4)

While this game wasn't vastly better than the first Samurai Shodown game, it was just enough to make it a more enjoyable fun experience. I'd say that both games are equal when it comes to visuals and audio, but the tweaks to Samurai Shodown 2's gameplay make it a more enjoyable game. There are still super cheap characters that could have spent more time in development, but overall I really enjoyed this game. (1/2/22) [38/50]

4. Samurai Shodown III (PS4)

This game is a perfect example of one step forward, three steps back. The character sprites and animation were an improvement over the previous two games, but honestly that's about it when it comes to advantages this game has over previous titles. The gameplay is by far the compromised part of Samurai Shodown III, mostly that it's new mechanics just make this game cumbersome and annoying to play most of the time. Not only that, but in changing the gameplay they also made a lot of characters extremely OPed, cheap, or just broken too. There are other minor gripes I have about III, but the gameplay was definitely the element that held this game back the most and prevented me from enjoying it more. (1/2/22) [31/50]

5. Samurai Shodown IV (PS4)

Fortunately SNK realized they screwed up big time with III and fixed most of the issues hat game had, and maybe even slightly over corrected. What we have with IV is a much more enjoyable, easy to play game, with the emphasis on the word easy. For better or worse, IV is a walk in the park compared to I and II, and quite a bit easier than III by virtue of it actually being way more playable. Sadly, I felt like both III's visuals and audio were just slightly better than IV's. On top of that by the time Samurai Shodown IV came out the series was no longer the stunningly beautiful franchise it was in the early 90s when it first came out, and companies like Capcom and Midway were making better looking fighting games at this point. But still, the fact that the gameplay was mostly fixed made this a much more enjoyable game than its predecessor. (1/2/22) [33/50]

Reserved!

For curiosity sake has a game ever recieved a coveted 50/50 from you? I can't find any that have.What would that.take? I enjoy this tradition and happy to see it another year.

I don't think i'll beat anywhere near 52 but I will share if I do beat any :)