Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 172148 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #285 on: June 05, 2013, 02:28:39 pm »
Put me down for (3) of the Time & Eternity LE's.

I guess that's something new - where NISA's on-line store is limiting it to 3 per customer, since I've very often pre-ordered 4, 5, 6, etc at a time.

I'm sure that by calling my friend there - I could easily work around this...but...I'm finding that I don't really *want* more than 3 this time/game...

...just musings :)

Can I ask - do you have them all  stacked up like a stockroom or something? Because seeing all those beautiful limited editions piled high like that would be ace :D

Nah  ;)

I've actually got them all over the place :P

Plus, they don't last!

Say, for example, I pre-order 5 copies of an LE...(1) is for me to open up, play, and enjoy for myself, 1 or 2 might eventually end up as gifts or trades, and the last (2)...I'll sell when I feel the time is right...

...*Usually*, the last 2 that I end up selling (more than) pay for my initial total investment  8)

I know that there's some collectors who absolutely *hate* people that do what I do, but:

A).  I'm disabled/unable to work so I'm not gonna feel bad about making $ in a completely legal manner,

B).  I don't have any advantages over any/everybody else - I mean - I can't pre-order the game until everyone else can -and- they are, of course, also all free to spend/invest their money as they wish, and

C).  I'm actually a big fan and supporter of free, open-market, capitalistic, democratic societies w/o restrictions/limitations on what I can & can't buy, sell, and/or trade  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #286 on: June 05, 2013, 02:35:02 pm »
You don't have to defend yourself to me! ^^~

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #287 on: June 05, 2013, 02:42:13 pm »
You don't have to defend yourself to me! ^^~

Eh, I really wasn't trying to :)

more of an *explanation* than a defense in the interest of pre-empting any of the usual "you suck, you horrible person, you" posts that usually follow some of my more honest posts on touchy/sensitive subjects.

It wasn't personal or directed at you at all, 'Mimi  ;)

soera

« Reply #288 on: June 05, 2013, 03:08:12 pm »
Can I ask - do you have them all  stacked up like a stockroom or something? Because seeing all those beautiful limited editions piled high like that would be ace :D

He usually takes pics of the stacks and emails them to me laughing on how he has them and I dont.   :'( :'( :'( :'(

desocietas

« Reply #289 on: June 05, 2013, 03:16:45 pm »

He usually takes pics of the stacks and emails them to me laughing on how he has them and I dont.   :'( :'( :'( :'(

^ that's usually where the "horrible person" perception comes about ;D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #290 on: June 06, 2013, 10:21:03 pm »
okay now I'm want to hear that this Game will get localized

http://operationrainfall.com/japan-j-stars-victory-vs-kenshin-ichigo/

scott

« Reply #291 on: June 11, 2013, 08:56:10 pm »
Well I put in for a pre-order on a PS4. But Amazon says that they have a "Launch Edition" and "Standard Edition". I guess the Launch edition covers their numbers for launch and the standard is for anyone else that didn't pre-order last night, lol.

Worst case scenario, I don't get it on launch day and have to wait for it to get fulfilled. Oh well.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

insektmute

« Reply #292 on: June 12, 2013, 10:57:42 am »
Put in my pre-order for a PS4 and Killzone: Shadow Fall. I seem to have lucked out and gotten in earlier than you, Scott - launch edition, woop :)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #293 on: June 12, 2013, 11:44:21 am »
Well I put in for a pre-order on a PS4. But Amazon says that they have a "Launch Edition" and "Standard Edition". I guess the Launch edition covers their numbers for launch and the standard is for anyone else that didn't pre-order last night, lol.

Worst case scenario, I don't get it on launch day and have to wait for it to get fulfilled. Oh well.

I'm pre-ordering a PS4 (or 2(?)...) sometime today, myself :)

Last gen (when the PS3's came out) - we had all sorts of craziness going on locally; like, people camping out on lines for 2-3 days, and we even had several cases of people being stabbed/robbed at gunpoint of their PS3's  :o

I just don't get it...even with my personal addictive personality/tendencies...there's never been & never will be anything electronic and/or entertainment-related that I would go through those kinds of things for  8)

scott

« Reply #294 on: June 12, 2013, 11:51:45 am »
Put in my pre-order for a PS4 and Killzone: Shadow Fall. I seem to have lucked out and gotten in earlier than you, Scott - launch edition, woop :)

Ya I had it in my cart right after the conference and didn't pull the trigger til the next night. I figure that I've at least got it earmarked, so if it doesn't come on release day at least it will be sent shortly after.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #295 on: June 12, 2013, 11:54:48 am »
Hubby preordered a PS4 this morning, which means I should probably turn the PS3 on and sort out a proper PSN account at some point.

insektmute

« Reply #296 on: June 12, 2013, 12:11:09 pm »
Last gen (when the PS3's came out) - we had all sorts of craziness going on locally; like, people camping out on lines for 2-3 days, and we even had several cases of people being stabbed/robbed at gunpoint of their PS3's  :o

I just don't get it...even with my personal addictive personality/tendencies...there's never been & never will be anything electronic and/or entertainment-related that I would go through those kinds of things for  8)

lol, I stood in line overnight for the PS2. It was kinda fun, esp. since Best Buy gave out donuts and coffee in the morning, and everyone was totally calm and orderly, but since we can pre-order this stuff online now, I'll happily make a pot of coffee, buy my own donuts, and wait for a box to show up.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #297 on: June 12, 2013, 12:16:07 pm »

but since we can pre-order this stuff online now, I'll happily make a pot of coffee, buy my own donuts, and wait for a box to show up.

Hell yes!

Only time I can ever remember camping-out overnight would be for some concert tickets as a teen...and that wasn't bad, since it was like one big get-together & party :)

PS4 pre-ordered, btw.

« Reply #298 on: June 12, 2013, 12:30:12 pm »
Reminds me of when me and my brother bought Dissidia - he was itching for the shop to open so he could run in and grab one on his work break... I casually opened mine over breakfast :)

soera

« Reply #299 on: June 12, 2013, 02:20:59 pm »
Im breaking my own personal mold. Ive never bought a release day system. But as of last night, I pre-ordered the PS4. There is bound to be nothing but greatness to follow with this system. Their list of launch titles is huge but the only one that really appealed to me is Diablo 3.