Author Topic: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...  (Read 184521 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Pre-Ordered/Waiting for...
« Reply #810 on: April 24, 2014, 01:09:12 pm »
Its digital only? Man that sucks. I wonder if the people that release these games realize all the sales they lose cause of digital only items. Hell, just right here, 3 people who would buy are not cause of digital only.

Not only that...they're already making a fucking physical CE for the UK -so- it's just us that's getting screwed out of a physical release  >:(

I mean...I could always import it *BUT* fuck 'em if they've already worked-out everything in order to make a physical release -and- just decided not give it to us!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #811 on: April 25, 2014, 09:20:52 am »
I broke down and bought the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary. It got down to $50. So, I finally grabbed it. Now, what am I going to do with that big ass box of kick assery?

argyle

« Reply #812 on: April 25, 2014, 09:39:24 am »
Its digital only? Man that sucks. I wonder if the people that release these games realize all the sales they lose cause of digital only items. Hell, just right here, 3 people who would buy are not cause of digital only.

Not only that...they're already making a fucking physical CE for the UK -so- it's just us that's getting screwed out of a physical release  >:(

I mean...I could always import it *BUT* fuck 'em if they've already worked-out everything in order to make a physical release -and- just decided not give it to us!

Sort of. The UK release has a box & some physical extras, but the game still isn't on a disk - the set includes a code for you to download the digital game.

Still, if that set was available over here I'd buy the game day-1 just for that Amano poster.   :(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #813 on: April 25, 2014, 10:25:35 am »

Sort of. The UK release has a box & some physical extras, but the game still isn't on a disk - the set includes a code for you to download the digital game.

Still, if that set was available over here I'd buy the game day-1 just for that Amano poster.   :(

Thanks for the clarification...I didn't know that; still wouldn't get it in that case.

Who knows, though - stranger things have happened (like me owning Journey (IMO, an over-hyped & digital-only game) on a disc), etc...

argyle

« Reply #814 on: April 25, 2014, 11:00:32 am »
I totally agree with you on Journey.  Never did "get" that game - thought people calling it that year's GOTY were nuts. 

I definitely prefer physical games when that option's available, but if digital is all there is I won't let that stop me.  CoL looks amazing, so I'll definitely own it at some point - it's just that with digital, there aren't any supply issues to be concerned with so unless I was going to play it right away it doesn't make any sense to get it at release.  ;) 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #815 on: April 25, 2014, 03:37:46 pm »
I've got a Craigslist deal working.  That's kind of a pre-order, right?
I'll let ya'll know how it goes tonight when I get home.  Cross your fingers that I don't get raped/defiled or murdered; and that the deal goes through. 

I've got to do a bit of driving, and I'm meeting at Walmart in another town at 5:00.  Wish me luck

soera

« Reply #816 on: April 25, 2014, 03:47:46 pm »
I'll let ya'll know how it goes tonight when I get home.  Cross your fingers that I don't get raped/defiled or murdered; and that the deal goes through. 

I've got to do a bit of driving, and I'm meeting at Walmart in another town at 5:00.  Wish me luck

I cant see you minding being defiled. :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #817 on: April 25, 2014, 04:30:36 pm »

You're probably right.

argyle

« Reply #818 on: April 25, 2014, 05:42:00 pm »
I just canceled my Jojo's Bizarre Adv. preorder and ordered this instead:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171280305327?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

;D

scott

« Reply #819 on: April 25, 2014, 05:45:41 pm »
Nice get Argyle!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #820 on: April 25, 2014, 07:35:00 pm »

You're probably right.

That went rape-free. Video to come.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #821 on: April 26, 2014, 12:16:49 pm »
Meh...

After looking & reading up on it a little more + the fact that I'm a sucker for a good rogue-like/dungeon-crawler and, that I also enjoy supporting the Vita (and more Japanese-ish types of games & RPG's on/for it:) - cemented by the fact that it's cheap enough that it would be easy enough to write-off & not be too angy w/ myself for getting it...even if it *does* suck  :P ==>

I'm gonna go ahead & pre-order a copy of Mind Zero  8)

90snostalga

« Reply #822 on: April 26, 2014, 01:21:22 pm »

You're probably right.

Only word I read was "rape"

argyle

« Reply #823 on: April 26, 2014, 02:35:43 pm »

You're probably right.

Only word I read was "rape"

See, your mind is just in the wrong place.  :(

All I saw was "free".  ;)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #824 on: April 30, 2014, 12:02:31 am »
I know it released today but I pre-ordered Child Of Light on GameStop and I have not yet found the time to get the game.

Please check out the games I have for sale.