Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1590880 times)

desocietas

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #11640 on: July 12, 2016, 02:24:55 pm »
Happiness is enjoying a game that gets nearly universally bashed. Star Ocean V is turning out to be more fun than I expected.

Amen to that :) People like to get hyped over hating things together, for some reason. That usually turns into ugly things for no reason.  :-\

I agree - I have a friend who loves to rant about any new fad, and currently he's bashing Pokemon Go. He's not playing it, and it's not hurting anyone, so I think he just likes yelling at people who get near his lawn  ::)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #11641 on: July 12, 2016, 03:21:01 pm »
Happiness is enjoying a game that gets nearly universally bashed. Star Ocean V is turning out to be more fun than I expected.

Amen to that :) People like to get hyped over hating things together, for some reason. That usually turns into ugly things for no reason.  :-\

I agree - I have a friend who loves to rant about any new fad, and currently he's bashing Pokemon Go. He's not playing it, and it's not hurting anyone, so I think he just likes yelling at people who get near his lawn  ::)

People like that aggravate me. Even if you don't care for Pokémon, the fact that this app is encouraging people to exercise and be more social is great.

« Reply #11642 on: July 12, 2016, 04:05:55 pm »

People like that aggravate me. Even if you don't care for Pokémon, the fact that this app is encouraging people to exercise and be more social is great.
It aggravates me because why say anything, nobody cares that you think it's stupid.

necrosexual

« Reply #11643 on: July 12, 2016, 04:19:22 pm »

i know a lot of people like this and i don't get it. sure things get overhyped a lot, but that's why you ignore the hype.
'don't knock it til you try it'.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

davifus

« Reply #11644 on: July 12, 2016, 04:33:44 pm »
I had two order for the zero time dilemma with the watch. Both GS & AMAZON pretty much canceled or gave it to some else. Life blows. All I wanted was the game and watch. Now, I'll have to pay out of my ass for one.

In the end I'll probably won't pick up a copy because it'll just me aggravate me.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

desocietas

« Reply #11645 on: July 12, 2016, 08:22:14 pm »
I had two order for the zero time dilemma with the watch. Both GS & AMAZON pretty much canceled or gave it to some else. Life blows. All I wanted was the game and watch. Now, I'll have to pay out of my ass for one.

In the end I'll probably won't pick up a copy because it'll just me aggravate me.

That's odd that they canceled the order, but I don't know if you ordered in the early waves or not. Amazon orders are starting to trickle out, but they don't have the watches because of damage in transit from the manufacturer to the distributors. The watches will be sent separately.

If anything, Aksys will be selling the watches separately for folks who missed out on the preorder. So sorry to hear that your orders were canceled :(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #11646 on: July 12, 2016, 08:31:19 pm »
Ive never seen Gamestop cancel an order unless its something they arent going to carry.

davifus

« Reply #11647 on: July 13, 2016, 12:11:22 am »
Ive never seen Gamestop cancel an order unless its something they arent going to carry.

They gave the order to a different customer. The place where I preordered it are out of copies. They told me I had to pick it up in a different store and couldn't guarantee the watch either. All they could was apologize and that was it.

Amazon [The delayed order] in the other hand got out right canceled because my order had an old Debit card [The EMV ordeal]. I did try to change it prior to the release but Amazon can be really gimmicky sometimes. I thought I could just wait when they sent my email about the payment not going through and I was going to switch it then because it worked for 3 other orders on the old card.

I guess I'll try the seperate watch at the website like Deso said and pick up the game in a different time.   
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11648 on: July 13, 2016, 03:28:37 am »

that sucks!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #11649 on: July 13, 2016, 08:36:56 am »

That's irritating. I know GS can pull of some stunts, but that's the first time I ever heard of them giving a game (that was pre-ordered) to someone else.

« Reply #11650 on: July 13, 2016, 08:42:35 am »

That's irritating. I know GS can pull of some stunts, but that's the first time I ever heard of them giving a game (that was pre-ordered) to someone else.
I've seen it happen a lot.  I had a preorder, showed up on release date, was told the shipment was "delayed" and that they would call me when it arrived.  Kept checking in, they kept telling me they would call and that I don't need to keep coming to check.  A month goes by, I go check, they tell me that they shipped the item back to corporate because I never came and picked it up.  I've also had many situations where, as you would expect, stores get exactly as many preorder bonuses as they get number of preorders, but I don't get my bonus because the manager gave away preorder bonuses to friends or employees who didn't preorder or even pick up the game.

kashell

« Reply #11651 on: July 13, 2016, 08:54:31 am »

I've seen it happen a lot.  I had a preorder, showed up on release date, was told the shipment was "delayed" and that they would call me when it arrived.  Kept checking in, they kept telling me they would call and that I don't need to keep coming to check.  A month goes by, I go check, they tell me that they shipped the item back to corporate because I never came and picked it up.  I've also had many situations where, as you would expect, stores get exactly as many preorder bonuses as they get number of preorders, but I don't get my bonus because the manager gave away preorder bonuses to friends or employees who didn't preorder or even pick up the game.

What is happening to the world? This is really uncool.

gf78

« Reply #11652 on: July 13, 2016, 09:15:21 am »

Had a snafu like this at my local (and favorite) GameStop a few years ago.  I preordered Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition that included the replica cutter and a book.  The stupid broad that worked there for a while and who I never could really stand was the one who took my preorder.  I always pay on my preorders over time when I have the money so that when they come out, it's paid off and I just have to pick it up.

Well, needless to say the dumb bitch preordered me the "limited edition" which was basically the first copies for PS3 that included Dead Space Extraction on the disc.  The manager and assistant manager who I am friends with (they have since moved on, but we are still friends) knew I wanted the Collector's edition and when midnight rolled around, I strolled into the store and picked up my Collector's edition.  None of us thought anything was wrong because they knew I always bought the collector's editions.  The next day, the manager calls me and says I got the wrong game because the dumb broad rang it up wrong.  I had already opened it and played it, so she screwed somebody else out of their copy until the store could locate another to bring in.  I just thought I had the game paid off, so I had to go pay the difference and I was genuinely pissed because A)  I couldn't stand that stupid c__t and B)I know how it feels to get screwed over and not get an item I wanted.  Thankfully "Miss Eye-Candy Girl" didn't stay there long and more competent associates took her place.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #11653 on: July 13, 2016, 09:23:28 am »
included Dead Space Extraction on the disc.
What's this?  I need to go read up on this, I was not aware that Extraction had a version on any other platform

What the crap, you can play as Isaac in Playstation All-Stars?!?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 09:34:25 am by ignition365 »

gf78

« Reply #11654 on: July 13, 2016, 09:30:52 am »
included Dead Space Extraction on the disc.
What's this?  I need to go read up on this, I was not aware that Extraction had a version on any other platform.

Yup.  You just have to find the version of Dead Space 2 for PS3 that says "LIMITED EDITION" on the top of the cover art.  There will also be a blue box lower that says "Includes Dead Space Extraction."  After the initial print run, copies of Dead Space 2 didn't include the full game on the disc.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us